Jump to content

GDT: Devils @ Lightning 4:00pm MSG+, NHLN


NJDfan1711
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

His game has looked ugly all season. All that confidence he had as a rookie is completely gone.

Agree, but I don't think his spot is in immediate jeopardy and that he will be allowed to play his way out of it. There may come a point where he will be a healthy scratch or sent Utica but I believe Ruff will be patient.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

Agree, but I don't think his spot is in immediate jeopardy and that he will be allowed to play his way out of it. There may come a point where he will be a healthy scratch or sent Utica but I believe Ruff will be patient.

If it ever comes to that, I’d rather he go to Utica and keep getting ice time.  He needs it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have watched Dawson Mercer's goal about 5 times now. He completely sold  Vasilevskiy down the river with the look and the head fake. It's so fvcking clever. It's not only skillful it's so smart. 

Still trying not to get too excited with him , but it's hard not to, he is just so good. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I have watched Dawson Mercer's goal about 5 times now. He completely sold  Vasilevskiy down the river with the look and the head fake. It's so fvcking clever. It's not only skillful it's so smart. 

Still trying not to get too excited with him , but it's hard not to, he is just so good. 

Some guys are a step ahead and see things others don't and can do things others can't. They're the star players. I think it's OK to get excited, I mean, I certainly believe what I'm seeing. Not to say there won't be a slump somewhere along the way. There might be. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If it ever comes to that, I’d rather he go to Utica and keep getting ice time.  He needs it.

Yes, absolutely. But like I said, I think the leash will be long because of how important a player he is in the Devils organization. He needs to play and he may need to take some lumps at the NHL level. That is certainly what is happening now, as he is not playing with poise or confidence. There are a couple ways to fix this, and one way is to demote him and let him regain his confidence against lesser competition. Or, he could take his lumps, figure it out up here, and reap the benefits of doing that if he succeeds. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rob_Ottawa said:

Blackwood is not an NHL starter sadly. Also it's absolutely stupid to give him the start a game after getting lit up. Ruff needs to make better decisions.

 

Stupid fvcking take. See 3rd period for reference. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Brewskies said:

What a game. From this is a bust to the best win of this season to date. 

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Remember, be kind to all animals as well as the family and friends. 

Except for the turkey. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So i just saw a video that leaked after the game. Ruff is really taking a page from the Mighty Ducks movies. The video was taken down so i'm just going to describe what happened to the best of my ability.

The guys were sitting in the locker room, clearly looking down and frustrated. Then Ruff walked in, looking very serious and gave a short speech (im going to paraphrase). "What i saw out there through 2 periods was Devils hockey. We played our game but against these guys, we need more. So who are we?!?"

Then i think it was Mercer who stood up and shouted "WE ARE THE DEVILS". 

Then Ruff turned in his direction with a smirk. Then in one movement unzipped his jacket, dropping it to the ground, revealing him wearing the new black jersey. He went "We. Are. Jersey."

Then Sharangovich stood up, walked slowly towards Ruff, they appeared to be sharing a moment looking at each others intensely. Then Igor turned around and looked at all the boys and went "WE. ARE. JERSEY!!"

Then the boys all got up and cheered JERSEY! JERSEY! JERSEY! heading into the tunnel. Then, they went out there for the 3rd and as we know... the rest is history. 

 

Edit: I'll see if i can find the video again.

 

 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

So i just saw a video that leaked after the game. Ruff is really taking a page from the Mighty Ducks movies. The video was taken down so i'm just going to describe what happened to the best of my ability.

The guys were sitting in the locker room, clearly looking down and frustrated. Then Ruff walked in, looking very serious and gave a short speech (im going to paraphrase). "What i saw out there through 2 periods was Devils hockey. We played our game but against these guys, we need more. So who are we?!?"

Then i think it was Mercer who stood up and shouted "WE ARE THE DEVILS". 

Then Ruff turned in his direction with a smirk. Then in one movement unzipped his jacket, dropping it to the ground, revealing him wearing the new black jersey. He went "We. Are. Jersey."

Then Sharangovich stood up, walked slowly towards Ruff, they appeared to be sharing a moment looking at each others intensely. Then Igor turned around and looked at all the boys and went "WE. ARE. JERSEY!!"

Then the boys all got up and cheered JERSEY! JERSEY! JERSEY! heading into the tunnel. Then, they went out there for the 3rd and as we know... the rest is history. 

 

Edit: I'll see if i can find the video again.

 

 

Okay, I read this while I was tired, read it again after my first sips of coffee... were you being serious with this? Cause if so, cool.

What scares me is this "jersey" thing pairing up with the stupid "third" leaked.... could really be real.... gross....

The jersey that is, not our team coming together, that part is freaking amazing

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jagknife said:

Okay, I read this while I was tired, read it again after my first sips of coffee... were you being serious with this? Cause if so, cool.

What scares me is this "jersey" thing pairing up with the stupid "third" leaked.... could really be real.... gross....

The jersey that is, not our team coming together, that part is freaking amazing

You actually thought he was serious?

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

The Cadillac trivia question in this game was who was the last Devil to score 4 goals in a game.  The answer was Zubrus back against the Lightning on 11/23/08.

Here is the jersey Zubrus wore that is photomatched to him wearing it in that game.  It is his 08-09 white set 1 gamer.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Very cool piece of history and nice tie-in to the trivia question!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Outside of a few exceptions, most game worn jerseys are washed by the team right before they are given to the dealer.

And there are most definitely exceptions...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, SterioDesign said:

and how does that make you feel?

Huh?  About what?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.