Devils claim Bastian off waivers

NJDevs4978

11 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

No i haven't. You're either 100% putting words in my mouth or misunderstanding something i said or projecting. It's literally impossible that i wouldnt know why Devils fans hate Rangers fans. That's straight up stupid. Come on now.

Plus this has nothing to do with the current conversation driven by your miserable stance on devils fans being happy. You're just deflecting

If I had a dollar of every time you have accused other posters of doing that to you I would be a multi-millionaire.  Maybe look in the mirror for once regarding that.

If Canadiens fans were this hyper-excited/happy about a marginal 4th line scrub player, you would absolutely be saying the same thing.

16 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

If I had a dollar of every time you have accused other posters of doing that to you I would be a multi-millionaire.  Maybe look in the mirror for once regarding that.

If Canadiens fans were this hyper-excited/happy about a marginal 4th line scrub player, you would absolutely be saying the same thing.

I know what i said about the Rangers, and it's not what you're saying at all. Never have i ever said that i didn't understand why devils fans hate the rangers. Again, that'd be silly. Just like you're doing right now with this whole topic, you're refusing to understand common sense. Literally nobody in here agrees with you on this. You're completely in a corner willing to die on that hill and you're just trying to deflect and project right now to take the heat away from you. You're straight up wrong about me saying that about the Rangers.

And no you're also projecting what you want to believe to deflect and not reality. If the McLeod/Bastian identical story would be happening with 2 players on the Habs i'd say that its fvcking awesome. Cause it is. That sh!t happens sooooo rarely.

But you can't understand that cause as many times as everyone here told you countless times. If Bastian was truly just a marginal 4th line scrub player. Yeah we wouldn't care. But he's not just that because of his friendship with Mikey, that's what's special and we ALL see it, except you. 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Haha 1

On 11/29/2021 at 5:37 PM, mfitz804 said:

Kids are pretty fvcking expensive. This week I paid for tuition, a fundraiser, a theater program, Some Christmas gifts, and a couple of extra pieces of school uniform.

Easily a pretty nice game worn jersey right there.

I couldn't imagine not having children,

Dogs can't help you when you're older.

College is affordable if done right. My boys had in state tuition for both USC Gamecocks and FSU.  

FSU costs me less than a couple grand a year in tuition

Need test scores and grades

16 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

I couldn't imagine not having children

That’s the thing people without kids can never understand. My wife and I were never anxious to have a child. Her best friend wanted one from the second she got married and they tried for years, before she was diagnosed with endometriosis and was told it was next to impossible. 

In light of that, we just reached a day where we decided if we were ever going to do it, it was the right time. We decided to just end the birth control and let whatever happens happen. What happened happened within a week. 

I’ve never looked back and couldn’t imagine not being a parent now. 

Postscript: my wife’s friend scheduled a complicated and painful surgery to try to permit her to get pregnant. During the pre-op work up she has to take a pregnancy test, and wouldn’t you know it, it was positive. She cancelled the surgery and decided one child was enough. 

Our kids were born a month apart and are still best friends. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s the thing people without kids can never understand. My wife and I were never anxious to have a child. Her best friend wanted one from the second she got married and they tried for years, before she was diagnosed with endometriosis and was told it was next to impossible. 

In light of that, we just reached a day where we decided if we were ever going to do it, it was the right time. We decided to just end the birth control and let whatever happens happen. What happened happened within a week. 

Postscript: my wife’s friend scheduled a complicated and painful surgery to try to permit her to get pregnant. During the pre-op work up she has to take a pregnancy test, and wouldn’t you know it, it was positive. She cancelled the surgery and decided one child was enough. 

So great to hear about your friend. It's tough for some. We tried soon after we were married and were luckily two for two. I should have had more.

Such blessings

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I know what i said about the Rangers, and it's not what you're saying at all. Never have i ever said that i didn't understand why devils fans hate the rangers. Again, that'd be silly. Just like you're doing right now with this whole topic, you're refusing to understand common sense. Literally nobody in here agrees with you on this. You're completely in a corner willing to die on that hill and you're just trying to deflect and project right now to take the heat away from you. You're straight up wrong about me saying that about the Rangers.

And no you're also projecting what you want to believe to deflect and not reality. If the McLeod/Bastian identical story would be happening with 2 players on the Habs i'd say that its fvcking awesome. Cause it is. That sh!t happens sooooo rarely.

But you can't understand that cause as many times as everyone here told you countless times. If Bastian was truly just a marginal 4th line scrub player. Yeah we wouldn't care. But he's not just that because of his friendship with Mikey, that's what's special and we ALL see it, except you. 

So he's not a marginal 4th liner player because he has a friendship?  So do sh!tty players just need more friends to be better?

LMAO.

6 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

So he's not a marginal 4th liner player because he has a friendship?  So do sh!tty players just need more friends to be better?

LMAO.

What he and others are saying, I believe, is that the excitement in his return was not related to his play, but rather due to other factors. I don’t believe anyone thinks Bastian is the answer to our prayers, but nobody was too excited to lose him so it was a feel good story that he became available. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

What he and others are saying, I believe, is that the excitement in his return was not related to his play, but rather due to other factors. I don’t believe anyone thinks Bastian is the answer to our prayers, but nobody was too excited to lose him so it was a feel good story that he became available. 

His exact words were:

If Bastian was truly just a marginal 4th line scrub player. Yeah we wouldn't care. But he's not just that because of his friendship with Mikey,

Now he will likely blame his French Canadian translation BS like he typically does when he posts something ridiculous.

Anyways, back to the point, I guess feel good stories about 4th liners are all that Devils fans have left after a decade of suckage.  That's sad.

14 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

His exact words were:

If Bastian was truly just a marginal 4th line scrub player. Yeah we wouldn't care. But he's not just that because of his friendship with Mikey,

Now he will likely blame his French Canadian translation BS like he typically does when he posts something ridiculous.

Anyways, back to the point, I guess feel good stories about 4th liners are all that Devils fans have left after a decade of suckage.  That's sad.

I read that as he isn’t just a regular 4th line scrub because of his relationship to McLeod, which is exactly what I’m talking about, it’s not hockey skill related.

I could be wrong. 

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Funny, I was really on the fence about ever having a kid...when my wife told me she was pregnant, my initial split-second reaction was "ooooooooooooh sh!t."  Less than a second later, I was all-in...and it's funny, how paternal instincts kick in, and what seemed important suddenly doesn't.  You do for your kid because you WANT to.  You enjoy it.  And yeah, I can't imagine life without my daughter.  It's going to be so hard when she leaves for college...I won't ever hold her back and I WANT her to go out and find her way in the world, but I will miss her tons.  

56 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

His exact words were:

Not sure who you're ripping with this stuff.  The organization, for struggling over the last several years?  The fans who are having some fun with Bastian's return?  You've said you're on board with the move from a pure hockey standpoint, so I know it isn't that.  

3 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

LMAO.

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I read that as he isn’t just a regular 4th line scrub because of his relationship to McLeod, which is exactly what I’m talking about, it’s not hockey skill related.

I could be wrong. 

Yeah you're right mfitz804.

Fans are not excited about getting a 4th liner. It's been clear on social media and it's been clear in this very topic. I wrote a long ass post describing how this scenario of 2 absolute best friends playing juniors together, then getting drafted by the same team. Then playing on the same line in the NHL is fvcking unreal. Any argument made to justify the excitment is based on Bastian relation with the guys and especially Mikey. Absolutely nobody is in here suggesting that Bastian will change the world from his 4th line position. But he's filling that role well plus their story is amazing and that's what fans are rallying around

DM84 you're just absolutely dishonest here. Everyone explained this to you like 20 times each and you just won't hear it. Literally EVERYONE that says differently than you in this case you try to flip that around. That it's people here or even the players like jack. Do you realize how you're the common problem here? You're the ONE person who just don't get it.

If your claim that Devils fans get excited over marginal 4th liners for nothing we would have been excited about Geersten or any other 4th liners we picked up. But Bastian that was a whole other story but you just won't acknowledge that. It's sad

Edited by SterioDesign

I'll throw gas on this one.

Yeah it's a cool story for McLeod and Bastian.

However, if I'm the GM I'm looking at McLeod's slot on the roster as one that I can improve, he's done very little at this level. Nevermind his draft position. Literally he's a JAG, and if my team is going to make significant progress it's no given he's going to be here based on his performance to date. So I'm not even for one second considering how McLeod feels about Bastain,  Both guys are just holding down slots on a team with holes that need to be upgraded, those two slots on the list. 

I haven't been following too closely but whoever said bringing Bastain back "was a dream come true" really needs to dream bigger. If it was Jack he's probably still high from the smell of the stacks. If it was McLeod, dream about being a better player who's going to be 24 in 3 months and is just a guy at this point.

On a high note there is no better feeling or nothing more important on the face of this earth than being blessed to be a parent. Nothing. That's a real dream come true.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titans04 said:

However, if I'm the GM I'm looking at McLeod's slot on the roster as one that I can improve, he's done very little at this level. Nevermind his draft position. Literally he's a JAG, and if my team is going to make significant progress it's no given he's going to be here based on his performance to date. So I'm not even for one second considering how McLeod feels about Bastain,  Both guys are just holding down slots on a team with holes that need to be upgraded, those two slots on the list. 

I haven't been following too closely but whoever said bringing Bastain back "was a dream come true" really needs to dream bigger. If it was Jack he's probably still high from the smell of the stacks. If it was McLeod, dream about being a better player who's going to be 24 in 3 months and is just a guy at this point.

On a high note there is no better feeling or nothing more important on the face of this earth than being blessed to be a parent. Nothing. That's a real dream come true.

McLeod and Bastian have shown signs that they can be solid 4th-line types.  I'm not so sure that their spots are screaming for upgrades just yet (though McLeod has been a little disappointing so far this season).  Obviously by virtue of the fact that they're 4th-liners, they have limited skillsets.  The question at this point is are their skillsets good enough to be the 4th-line anchors for a while?  We'll find out, but at least last season they looked like they could be.

It's funny, for me, sure, the friendship story is nice, but I'm more interested in this from a hockey perspective...McLeod looked pretty good and at times even contributed a little offense last season (9 goals in 52 GP, not too bad for a 4th-liner).  Bastian has 8 goals in 62 NHL games.  Both are still young.  If those two can combine for 25-30 goals and handle typical 4th-line dirtywork, I can definitely live with that.  

38 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Oh no, now you've done it.  You have agreed with me and now ruin the whole "LITERALLY NO ONE agrees with you here" narrative.

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah you're right mfitz804.

Fans are not excited about getting a 4th liner. It's been clear on social media and it's been clear in this very topic. I wrote a long ass post describing how this scenario of 2 absolute best friends playing juniors together, then getting drafted by the same team. Then playing on the same line in the NHL is fvcking unreal. Any argument made to justify the excitment is based on Bastian relation with the guys and especially Mikey. Absolutely nobody is in here suggesting that Bastian will change the world from his 4th line position. But he's filling that role well plus their story is amazing and that's what fans are rallying around

DM84 you're just absolutely dishonest here. Everyone explained this to you like 20 times each and you just won't hear it. Literally EVERYONE that says differently than you in this case you try to flip that around. That it's people here or even the players like jack. Do you realize how you're the common problem here? You're the ONE person who just don't get it.

If your claim that Devils fans get excited over marginal 4th liners for nothing we would have been excited about Geersten or any other 4th liners we picked up. But Bastian that was a whole other story but you just won't acknowledge that. It's sad

Not anymore Sterio!

44 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Oh no, now you've done it.  You have agreed with me and now ruin the whole "LITERALLY NO ONE agrees with you here" narrative.

Not anymore Sterio!

Haha right. Countless posters here, tons of fans on twitter, our players, Jack himself, our social media team, we were ALL saying the same thing. Which you choose to ignore and discard either cause youre either fvcking trolling or you're straight up mentally challenged. You denied ALL those opinions.

But then ONE person slightly agrees with you and NOW that means something. Do you see how biased you are? 

How 'bout you address an acknowledge the fact that the reason people were pumped was because of who he is and the story behind it more than strictly looking at it from a skills perspective. You've been ignoring, discarding and deflecting that part of the whole thing which is PRECISELY why people were pumped to have him back. We all said Bastian is filling a need but that it's not like he's irreplaceable or anything, we all know that. But its a great story. Which your "one" other person who agrees, ALSO agree that its a great story. Get your head out of your ass here, you're literally pinned to the corner

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, titans04 said:

I'll throw gas on this one too.

So a kid who got drafted first overall and living his dream to be in the NHL need to dream bigger cause he's happy about that incredible story continuing and being part of it. OR Mikey who made the NHL which is incredibly on its own. Is not dreaming big enough because he's just a 4th liner and should dream bigger. 

But then you follow by saying that being a parent is a REAL dream come true.

Maybe just let people have their own dreams?

I know being a parent can be a fantastic experience when that's what you want and im happy about every who want a kid and have one. But I never heard anyone having too much fun one night, making a mistake and accidentally becoming an NHL player 9 months later. 

A player playing youth ice hockey has less than a 0.11% chance to play in the NHL. When someone make the NHL it's an incredibly big deal cause it takes soooo much sacrifices, efforts, luck, natural ability, investment, etc etc Even with all that many can't even do it. Making the NHL is a true dream come true to me cause it's so fvcking rare. Having a child is a very respectable dream but very easily achievable for just about anyone, so just don't bring down other people's dreams if that's yours. 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Haha right. Countless posters here, tons of fans on twitter, our players, Jack himself, our social media team, we were ALL saying the same thing. Which you choose to ignore and discard either cause youre either fvcking trolling or you're straight up mentally challenged. You denied ALL those opinions.

But then ONE person slightly agrees with you and NOW that means something. Do you see how biased you are? 

How 'bout you address an acknowledge the fact that the reason people were pumped was because of who he is and the story behind it more than strictly looking at it from a skills perspective. You've been ignoring, discarding and deflecting that part of the whole thing which is PRECISELY why people were pumped to have him back. We all said Bastian is filling a need but that it's not like he's irreplaceable or anything, we all know that. But its a great story. Which your "one" other person who agrees, ALSO agree that its a great story. Get your head out of your ass here, you're literally pinned to the corner

I know exactly why people are happy FFS lol.  I just think it's silly.  I never said it wasn't a feel-good story, but Jack doesn't have to oversell it by saying it "felt like a dream" that Bastian came back lol.

5 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

I know exactly why people are happy FFS lol.  I just think it's silly.  I never said it wasn't a feel-good story, but Jack doesn't have to oversell it by saying it "felt like a dream" that Bastian came back lol.

No you framed the whole thing as "the devils fanbase is pathetic for being this happy about a 4th liner" pushing against your eternal negative feeling for this franchise. When everyone and their dogs has been saying that it's the story they are excited about. Nobody was this excited about getting just a 4th liner.

And Jack didn't oversell everything. The guys all love Bastian and they were really bummed to lose him as a teammate. And he's back. That's it