GDT: Flyers vs. Devils 7pm MSG+

nessus

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh someone will definitely come up with something better…that was just a quick stab.  

It’s not bad. Guy named Bratt, plus a young center, and Johnsson could pass for a young Anthony Michael Hall’s older brother. 

35 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

This is the guy that scored 20 in TOR. He was clearly hit hard by covid last season (he’s asthmatic). 

I’ve been over that season before…was very weird.  Most of his offense came in a 38-game stretch (18 goals and 15 assists)…not much of anything the rest of that year (or his career, really).  This is his first truly sustained run of offense since then…hope it continues, it’s been a great story.  And he’s sure helping right now.

1 minute ago, ilzz89 said:

What's up with zacha? Looks bored?

I’m not worried about him…which shows how far he’s truly come.  

• Like 1

Just now, ilzz89 said:

He can outright dominate,  but has been just okay

He’s not going to be firing on all cylinders all of the time.  I think he’s done enough since late in 2019 to get the benefit of the doubt.

He’s become a guy who might put up 55-60 points if he can stay healthy.  I’m absolutely taking that from Zacha, no questions asked.

• Like 1

I’m not even close to being worried about Zacha right now. He’s been fine. The forwards that need to step it up are Tatar and McLeod. McLeod did get a helper on his bestie’s goal tonight though. And he continues to be absolutely money on face-offs. 

Not worried about the goaltending either. It’s the guys on the blue line not named Dougie Hamilton or Ryan Graves that are worrisome…

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m not even close to being worried about Zacha right now. He’s been fine. The forwards that need to step it up are Tatar and McLeod. McLeod did get a helper on his bestie’s goal tonight though. And he continues to be absolutely money on face-offs. 

Not worried about the goaltending either. It’s the guys on the blue line not named Dougie Hamilton or Ryan Graves that are worrisome…

Take a wild guess who has the worst +/- on the team (not that +/- is everything, but still).

On the other side, Johnsson is now a +13, Bratt is a +9, and the rookie that’s done nothing but impress is a +12.  Bratt Pack indeed…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s so interesting, Hamilton never really looks like he’s doing anything special but it seems like he’s always making opportunities happen. 

He's that "200 foot player" teams want. He's great at reading the play, and he has the skill to turn it into a scoring chance or to win possession. Dawson Mercer at center has those traits, too.

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Jesus, Dougie has nine shots tonight. 

AEAC0889-25BC-48E8-85B0-B2387A414CDF.gif

I quote "Ninnnnnne times" often irl, and very few pick it up.
But now kids I hire out of college haven't even heard of the movie... other than they "think" their parents liked it...  

2 minutes ago, aylbert said:

But now kids I hire out of college haven't even heard of the movie... other than they "think" their parents liked it...  

My daughter has been watching it quite a bit, it’s one of the things she streams when nothing else is on. She was raised on the classics. 

3 minutes ago, aylbert said:

I actually saw that movie in the theater.  What’s sad now if that movie came out today, those characters would probably spend their day off with their heads buried in their cellphones (or playing Fortnight).

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I actually saw that movie in the theater.  What’s sad now if that movie came out today, those characters would probably spend their day off with their heads buried in their cellphones (or playing Fortnight).

Pretty much. Personally, if it was me I would have let Cameron go home and then taken Sloan to Pound Town, but that’s just me. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Pretty much. Personally, if it was me I would have let Cameron go home and then taken Sloan to Pound Town, but that’s just me. 

I’ve harbored similar thoughts…

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I mean, he was a senior who likely was mayor of Pound Town, even without a car... 
he had bigger plans for the day, but likely still paid a visit back at the pool anyways.

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I know Johnsson had 4 points but I almost think Hamilton should be 1st star. Man was he good tonight. 

Totally agree, he looked like the best player on the ice by a significant margin tonight.

Happy with the win, but I just need to say: that powerplay is just atrocious. It's almost as if Recchi is telling them to make the pass with the lowest possibility of completing. The poor zone entries are killing us, and it seems too often that they don't ever gain control in the zone. Didn't end up mattering much for this game, but this will continue to be a problem for the team for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2