GDT: Devils vs. Sharks 7 pm 11/30

nessus

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Can Blackwood make a damn save

There’s been some really bad breakdowns but he hasn’t been particularly sharp either. He totally misread the 3rd goal. 

And as I type this he makes two fantastic saves…

they're playing like sh!t in front of him. 

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I mean seriously.... this has me worried terribly.  We have some offensively talented D-men in Dougie, Subban, and even Smith and Severson both have wheels and good shots....but can anyone fvcking actually play defense?!?!  I feel like they forget that's the goddamn position they actually play.  Call me fvcking crazy, but I'd rather leave the goal scoring up to the offensemen and have our defenseman try to keep the puck out of the fvcking net.  

The short answer is no. We don't have anyone who can play defense. In our over pursuit of PMD we forgot that we need people who play defense

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I mean seriously.... this has me worried terribly.  We have some offensively talented D-men in Dougie, Subban, and even Smith and Severson both have wheels and good shots....but can anyone fvcking actually play defense?!?!  I feel like they forget that's the goddamn position they actually play.  Call me fvcking crazy, but I'd rather leave the goal scoring up to the offensemen and have our defenseman try to keep the puck out of the fvcking net.  

If only there was a coach, hired specifically to manage defensive positioning and strategy. Like, dedicate his sole responsibility to ensuring a good defensive system compliments the offense. If such a position ever existed…

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

There’s talent, but I’m not sure this coaching staff is the group to get the most out of them.  The “assistants” definitely aren’t.

• Like 2

Just now, mfitz804 said:

The last 3 goals were identical, pass to the guy who isn’t covered at all, make the goalie go post to post and score. 

Yep.  I know they're going to get exposed and there will be a breaking-in period, but I really want to see Bahl, White, Walsh, and Okhutiuk.  They can't be any worse than these fvckheads we're seeing now.

5 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Hamilton and Graves have both been pretty good defensively most of the season so far. 

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Ruff was pretty pointed in his post-game remarks after the Nashville game. I wonder what he’ll have to say tonight. 

Curly and his pals Larry and Moe are part of the problem.

• Like 1

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

Agreed. But Ruff isn’t going anywhere. Both assistants however- they gotta go. 

Yeah, it’s looooong overdue.  They’re completely useless.

• Like 1