GDT: Devils vs. Sharks 7 pm 11/30

nessus

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, I think they might be the only ones, and I think Dougie's D probably gets overlooked by his offensive prowess.  

Yeah those two are not a problem on D.  The rest are what they are.  And they don’t exactly have a Defensemen Whisperer working with them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, I think they might be the only ones, and I think Dougie's D probably gets overlooked by his offensive prowess.  

His bad defense caused the last goal. But I have been pleasantly surprised by his defensive skill for most of the season.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I know that's a big sacrifice but since there's only 2 seats can you stay in 1955 so that one of niedermayer, elias, brodeur or stevens come back too?

Will suck having to wait 40 years to see that first Cup, but far from me to be selfish.  You got it!

DEEERRRRRRR, I’m going back to 1995, not 1955.  Will suck knowing that the Devils will have this great team in 2001 but won’t win the Cup.  Oh well…

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I know that's a big sacrifice but since there's only 2 seats can you stay in 1955 so that one of niedermayer, elias, brodeur or stevens come back too?

Someone can sit on Lemaire’s lap like Jennifer did in BTTF 2 lol

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

They can also just come back to get you later that day its a time machine man

I smell a lot of alternate timelines coming…and a lot of confusion resulting from it, heh heh

2 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Recchi needs to be replaced by a stale box of Cheez-Its

A bucket of jizz will do just fine.  I’m sorry, Recchi and nASS gotta fvcking go.  

Aside from Ruff and a goaltending coach, our website only lists Recchi, Nas, and Chris Taylor on the coaching staff page, and they're all labeled as "Assistants", though I think we know Recchi also does PP and Nas does PK. I know they're different sports, but in the NFL for example, they literally have:  Head Coach -> D Coordinator -> O Coordinator -> Special Teams coach -> QB coach -> Linebackers coach -> Receivers coach -> Tight Ends coach -> D line coach -> O line coach -> Secondary D line coach -> Assistant to the secondary D line coach -> Guy who prints out the playsheets coach..... etc etc etc.

You're going to tell me we don't have anyone else responsible for coaching up our defenseman other than Recchi and Nas?  If we do, who the fvck are they, and what do they have to do to get fired?  Our D isn't getting any better, despite shuffling the players.  You can only sign, draft, and trade players before you have to look at the guys who are supposed to teach them.  If year after year a new crop of players still suck ass, what's the common fvcking denominator??  (I'm talking about Kulikov, Vatanen, Tennyson, Butcher, Carrick, Mueller, Lovejoy, Santini).  Sure none of those guys are superstars, but you'd have to think halfway competent coaching would have been able to turn one or two of them into suitable players on the team to the extent that maybe the round out our Top 6 D core, rather than constantly having to ship ALL of them out every year or two because God forbid we point the finger at anyone behind the bench.   

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Someone can sit on Lemaire’s lap like Jennifer did in BTTF 2 lol

Lemaire in the driver’s seat, Stevens riding shotgun, Niedermayer on Stevens’ lap.  Works for me.