Devils Sign Shakir Mukhamadullin to 3 Year ELC

Chimaira_Devil_#9

This came a bit out of the blue. 

He has been quite points wise recently after a very good start. He is off to the WJC.

Glad they have him locked up and hopefully we will see more of him in the future. 

Edited by Chimaira_Devil_#9
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:
Interesting 

Maybe they are trying to keep him away from our current coaching staff.

nASS is the LAST guy that I would want working with young defensive prospects.

Get the feeling that Muk, Okhotyuk, Bahl, Walsh (maybe Luke Hughes?) will be given ample opportunites to nail down a slot or two next camp.  Not going to pretend to know who would have an inside track on a spot out of that bunch.  Guessing ideally, one of them steps in for PK, and then the following season (maybe Muk or Luke?), Severson leaves, and another slot opens up.

Devils would probably like some cheap from within talent soon though...just like that, starting next season, Hughes, Hischier, and Hamilton will account for $24,250,000 of cap space among the three of them.  Bratt and Zacha should get nice raises.  Not going to look too far ahead at guys like Mercer, but having some young ELC talent is going to be key in the seasons to come.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Next season really is the one where Okhotiuk has to be given his shot. I am honestly surprised he hasn't been the guy to come up to the NHL so far. To me, he has been significantly better than Bahl, Walsh, and even White. I think he can be a useful player, and he will be particularly helpful if he's a cheap solution, while we have other contracts to worry about over the next few years. If not, he might miss his opportunity, because I imagine the organization will be prioritizing Luke Hughes and Mukhamadullin for the following season, and they won't want to load the defense up with too many rookies.

• Like 2