GDT: Devils @ Minnesota 8:00 PM MSG+2

MadDog2020

Ruff, Recchi, and nASS…whatever you’re attempting to do during your practices…

…ain’t workin.

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Cangi's anecdote says it all - Blackwood is facing and the Devils giving up the second most shots in the league.   Why does this team struggle so much to play competent defense??

Lack of competent defensemen and defensive coaching. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Ruff, Recchi, and nASS…whatever you’re attempting to do during your practices…

…ain’t workin.

It not, but tbf a lot of this is on the players. Graves has been posterized twice already, Nico is flubbing shots or over passing on the PP, Bratt missing the net on a prime chance, etc. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I love Nico but it feels like the cicadas could come back in between his goals right now…

I often find myself saying "I love Nico, but...", and I am really having to start to wonder why it's necessary to add the beginning part to that phrase.  Ok, so the guy looks like a decent two-way player, and he's fairly effective at killing penalties.  What else has he really done to garner such adoration?  He's clearly not a pure goal scorer, he's so-so at faceoffs, he's not overly physical, and, unfortunately, he might actually be somewhat injury prone.  I'm not trying to hate on the guy, but I think it's a fair assessment to say that his play is leaving a lot to be desired right now.  Especially for someone wearing the 'C' on their jersey.

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I often find myself saying "I love Nico, but...", and I am really having to start to wonder why it's necessary to add the beginning part to that phrase.  Ok, so the guy looks like a decent two-way player, and he's fairly effective at killing penalties.  What else has he really done to garner such adoration?  He's clearly not a pure goal scorer, he's so-so at faceoffs, he's not overly physical, and, unfortunately, he might actually be somewhat injury prone.  I'm not trying to hate on the guy, but I think it's a fair assessment to say that his play is leaving a lot to be desired right now.  Especially for someone wearing the 'C' on their jersey.

It does feel like he’s hitting a bit of a crossroads.  Devils simply need more from him.

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

He def has to step it up, but I think the C just added even more pressure and set such high expectations for him. It is inevitable that he doesn't meet those expectations since we still have a somewhat mediocre team.

• Like 1

This isn’t the same Nico we’ve seen in his prior years. I don’t like his mentality out there, like he’s content to be a two way guy who doesn’t have to use his skill offensively. He also looks slower..don’t know if he’s still getting over the broken leg.

4 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

How is it that every fvcking road game I can say they have a .01% chance of winning and be right every damn time?  Fvck them all.

They’re 3-3-2 on the road so far.  Not like they’ve been THAT bad.