GDT: Devils @ Minnesota 8:00 PM MSG+2

MadDog2020

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

McLeod 20 GP, 0 G, 3 A, -6

Disappointing for sure after a nice season from him last year, but a 4C is hardly near the top of the list of issues right now. This defense is really, really  bad. So is the PP. 

5 minutes ago, Gunslinger27 said:

Lately night in night out, This defensive just playing so fvcking soft. Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh

What has it been? At least 3 years we have been complaining about this, the backdoor passes, the weak D in front of the crease and not clearing guys out. We used to say "well obviously the coaches aren't telling them to leave guys open on the back door" ...well okay but now 3 years later and bunch of new guys on the back end with the same fvcking issues, is it time the coaches start to answer for why it keeps happening over and over?

EDIT: I'm really over this lazy, lethargic, uninspired play that leads to attempts to come back in the last 10 min of the 3rd. Play the entire game and you won't have to mount 3rd period comebacks. Why are they coming out early in games and not showing up?

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

What has it been? At least 3 years we have been complaining about this, the backdoor passes, the weak D in front of the crease and not clearing guys out. We used to say "well obviously the coaches aren't telling them to leave guys open on the back door" ...well okay but now 3 years later and bunch of new guys on the back end with the same fvcking issues, is it time the coaches start to answer for why it keeps happening over and over?

Its fvcking driving me nuts. 

7 minutes ago, devlman said:

This isn’t the same Nico we’ve seen in his prior years. I don’t like his mentality out there, like he’s content to be a two way guy who doesn’t have to use his skill offensively. He also looks slower..don’t know if he’s still getting over the broken leg.

I was all for giving Nico the captaincy, but you have to wonder if he’s putting too much pressure on himself, and not just playing his game. He just looks like a completely different player right now. Some guys just aren’t right for it (like we saw with Elias). 

Hamilton would have been a good option. Or maybe even Jack (whose personality is probably more suited for it). 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

EDIT: I'm really over this lazy, lethargic, uninspired play that leads to attempts to come back in the last 10 min of the 3rd. Play the entire game and you won't have to mount 3rd period comebacks. Why are they coming out early in games and not showing up?

Only two common threads over the years: Nas and Severson

• Like 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

I was all for giving Nico the captaincy, but you have to wonder if he’s putting too much pressure on himself, and not just playing his game. He just looks like a completely different player right now. Some guys just aren’t right for it (like we saw with Elias). 

Hamilton would have been a good option. Or maybe even Jack (whose personality is probably more suited for it). 

Was Elias not right for it, or he didn't have support from his coaches and got absolutely thrown under the bus by Sutter?

• Like 1

Just now, devlman said:

Sorry, Severson fvcking sucks

Minus Man gonna minus.

• Haha 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

Not saying you’re wrong, but c’mon that’s just a bad bounce. What was he supposed to do, not have a head? Lol

Just find a way to not head a puck onto your own net? I mean, he really gets a lot of bad bounces that after a while you have to conclude that his positioning and IQ is terrible.

Ty Smith really really belongs in the press box or AHL

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Not saying you’re wrong, but c’mon that’s just a bad bounce. What was he supposed to do, not have a head? Lol

Yeah not the best of luck, but if there’s one guy who’s not gonna get the benefit of the doubt, it’s that fvcking guy.