GDT: Devils vs Senators 12/6/21 7pm MSG+

NJDfan1711

Not that I think we're making the playoffs or anything. But we're only 5 pts behind a wildcard spot with a game in hand. Some folks here need to calm down.

I mean we're still pretty much where we mostly agreed we'd be this season, fighting for a wildcard spot at best. 

PLUS, the Islanders who were favourite in the East and conference finalists last years are 8 pts BEHIND us and are literally winless in their last 10 games. So how's that for context.

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I turned it off for a reason. I’m not listening to that bullsh!t. Fans who know what they’re watching know better, and we know what’s really happening out on the ice. 

Maddog, I'm tired of post sh!t show, shoulda coulda woulda, bullsh!t.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Not that I think we're making the playoffs or anything. But we're only 5 pts behind a wildcard spot with a game in hand. Some folks here need to calm down.

I mean we're still pretty much where we mostly agreed we'd be this season, fighting for a wildcard spot at best. 

PLUS, the Islanders who were favourite in the East and conference finalists last years are 8 pts BEHIND us and are literally winless in their last 10 games. So how's that for context.

Five points out in December and losing ground is not "fighting for a wildcard spot".

The Islanders have been wrecked by covid, and they started out with like a 15-game road trip. You mentioned context but completely left out context..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Losing is a disease and this franchise is infected, from the coaching staff, to the players, to the freakin broadcast team.

Meanwhile Fitz talked all big during the summer, but when the sh!t hits the fan, his balls shrivel up and he can’t make a big boy decision to fire his buddy Nasreddine (this has to be a friendship thing at this point, or Nasreddine has proof that Fitzgerald likes to fvck zebras or something) and the rest of these loser coaches. Well guess what Fitz, the rubber is meeting the road real fast motherfvcker, time to man up and do what needs to be done. 

7 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That’s some Brent Sutter stuff. 

Fire. These. Coaches. NOW.

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Five points out in December and losing ground is not "fighting for a wildcard spot".

This season isn’t lost yet, and that’s why something needs to be done now. It’s December. There’s a long way to go. They aren’t buried yet. But time is running out quickly. 

• Like 1

Just now, Devilsfan118 said:

The Islanders have been wrecked by covid, and they started out with like a 15-game road trip. You mentioned context but completely left out context..

a 5 points gap by december is really not that bad and still in the range we projected, come on now. We've been over this. The last time we made the playoffs we've had negative fans saying every single losses through december and january were the nail in the coffin of the season. Every single one of them.

We've been wrecked by covid last season. Never stopped the negative nancies to have at it all year long.

11 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I understand your point, and I tend to tell myself "hey it could always be worse", but this was finally the year when a lot of us expected SOME form of consistency, and once again we find ourselves starved for wins before Christmas

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The TV crew is all excited for a point. Meanwhile, I look at things more like Billy Beane: 

We have no one turning off the music or throwing a cooler.

This team is hoping to one day make it to the lofty heights of “mediocre” 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 1

At least Miami finally fvcking did something and fired their useless AD and HC and got a respectable AD from Clemson and HC from Oregon.  Now even talks of building a stadium in CG which would be awesome.  Somehow fvcking hoping the Devils do something along those lines with their useless staff.  Def no hope in that though.  Fvcking pr!cks

7 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

At least Miami finally fvcking did something and fired their useless AD and HC and got a respectable AD from Clemson and HC from Oregon.  Now even talks of building a stadium in CG which would be awesome.  Somehow fvcking hoping the Devils do something along those lines with their useless staff.  Def no hope in that though.  Fvcking pr!cks

They did Diaz dirty, just sayin.

Guy was out recruiting while they were negotiating Cristobal's contract.

That said, if anyone can fix the dumpster fire that is Miami football it's Mario.

11 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

They did Diaz dirty, just sayin.

Guy was out recruiting while they were negotiating Cristobal's contract.

That said, if anyone can fix the dumpster fire that is Miami football it's Mario.

He’s an overrated, mediocre game day coach.

31 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I understand your point, and I tend to tell myself "hey it could always be worse", but this was finally the year when a lot of us expected SOME form of consistency, and once again we find ourselves starved for wins before Christmas

yeah and i "get" that.

But expecting consistency while projecting us to be fighting for a wildcard spot as a realistic expectation is a tricky balance. I mean... projecting to be where we'd be it means you're basically playing .500 hockey. And we're 9-9-5 right now, so we picked up points in 14 games out 23. While missing our top center for 17 games. So is it REALLY that bad everything considered?

It's a bit like when fans get pissed off that a guy projected to score 20 goals... is only scoring once every 4 games saying he's inconsistent. Well.... if you're a 20 goals scorer... you're precisely only scoring at a once per 4 games pace. And if you score 2 in one game.. it means you may go 8 games without a goal and STILL be on realistic pace.

If anything its pretty impressive considering that again, we missed jack for most of it AND that our special teams completely sucks. So that tells us that if we get some competent coaches that we could turn things around with this group