GTD: NJ Jerseys vs Philadelphia

jagknife

16 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

It's a weird take, because if they didn't give a sh!t what fans thought in designing them, they aren't going to give a sh!t whether or not you like it after the fact. But whatever, spin your wheels. 

The answer is simple.  Just don't buy them.  That is all the suits really care about and the only reason third jerseys even exist in the first place - to take more of your money.  If they sell horribly, they will be gone for all eternity when the contract with Adidas ends in 3 years.   

I hate these jerseys.  The black base is really the only good part about them.  However, what I hate more is how hard this organization is trying to push the narrative that they are something wonderful that we all should enjoy.  They acted yesterday like they were completely rebranding the franchise with this being the new primary.  The giant "Jersey" jersey banner at center ice during the hype video and national anthem is almost as cringe worthy as the play on the ice the past 9 years.

I really am concerned that the morons in our front office are intent on replacing the crest with the Jersey script BS permanently.   Hopefully they saw the reaction to this disaster and understand what a massive mistake that would be.  However, it might be hard to see and hear the masses from their ivory tower so nothing would surprise me.  

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Chuck the Duck said:

The answer is simple.  Just don't buy them.  That is all the suits really care about and the only reason third jerseys even exist in the first place - to take more of your money.  If they sell horribly, they will be gone for all eternity when the contract with Adidas ends in 3 years.   

I hate these jerseys.  The black base is really the only good part about them.  However, what I hate more is how hard this organization is trying to push the narrative that they are something wonderful that we all should enjoy.  They acted yesterday like they were completely rebranding the franchise with this being the new primary.  The giant "Jersey" jersey banner at center ice during the hype video and national anthem is almost as cringe worthy as the play on the ice the past 9 years.

I really am concerned that the morons in our front office are intent on replacing the crest with the Jersey script BS permanently.   Hopefully they saw the reaction to this disaster and understand what a massive mistake that would be.  However, it might be hard to see and hear the masses from their ivory tower so nothing would surprise me.  

It was heartening to see how few people in the stands seemed to have this jersey. Kind of reminded me of the Isles when they tried that revolting black Brooklyn 3rd jersey nonsense. Fans hated it and Howie Rose commented they would groan and boo when the Isles hit the ice wearing it

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Other guys have contributed...Johnsson, Zacha, and Hamilton, for starters...we'd like to see more from Nico of course, but he's managed to put up 12 points in his last 16 GP (I admit it, it doesn't feel like he's done that).  Zacha has just two points in his last 10 GP though...that's a bit concerning...not that guys won't slump on occasion, but I guess there's that fear that Zacha might regress again.  

Bratt now has 19 G and 42 A in his last 82 GP.  Pretty sure we'd take that from him going forward.  

I would've never thought that. If you asked me I would've guessed...40pts. 45 tops? 61 is pretty damn good. Strange and it feels like he'd gone through some invisible stretches.

1 hour ago, Chuck the Duck said:

Yeah pretty much the above.  I'm with you in that damned near EVERYONE involved with the Devils (including the broadcasting crew) insists on overselling how "cool" these are.  Just stop...it's not working...we can decide for ourselves, no matter corporate pushy they want to get.  If you polled Devils fans about these, I'm guessing 25% or so (tops) would approve...maybe you have some neutral reactions, but I'm going to guess that at least 65% of the fanbase strongly disapproves...that's significant.

Yeah I sure can't see these things selling all that well, as is.  As I mentioned before, I do wonder if we'll see a modified version of it, if that's allowed mid-cycle (maybe another version of the NJ crest...I think the "Jersey" part is what most fans who don't like the Jer-jers have an issue with)...like when the Islanders swapped out the Fishsticks logo for their old (and current) logo, while keeping the rest of the Fishsticks jersey intact.  

I consider the original logo sacred myself...really hope that never ever gets fvcked with.

7 minutes ago, '7' said:

I would've never thought that. If you asked me I would've guessed...40pts. 45 tops? 61 is pretty damn good. Strange and it feels like he'd gone through some invisible stretches.

You do have some people who dig it, but I can't see enough people who hated them from the get-go changing their tune...like I mentioned previously, the vibe I got outside the Devils Dan and chattering with fans (and overhearing other chatter) is that a lot of fans really hate these.  But we'll see if the sales figures reflect that.  

19 minutes ago, '7' said:

He does disappear at times...they were talking about his benching against Calgary (I was at the game...was an ugly one), and how that's really seemed to spark him.  Looks like it's worked...all 22 of his points have come in his last 19 games, and he's been held without a point in just four of those games.  I was just about done with him after that Calgary game (he looked that bad)...serious kudos to him for taking his game up several notches.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

3 hours ago, Chuck the Duck said:

I don't mind the jerseys but I like your post. There's a lot of fluff emanating from the Devils organization. It's very annoying ... and very gay to be quite honest. 

Chuck the Duck is a great handle! I just picture that cigar hanging out of that duck's mouth. So ridiculous. Good memories, though. Stan and Matt Loughlin were a little nutty.

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah pretty much the above.  I'm with you in that damned near EVERYONE involved with the Devils (including the broadcasting crew) insists on overselling how "cool" these are.  Just stop...it's not working...we can decide for ourselves, no matter corporate pushy they want to get.  If you polled Devils fans about these, I'm guessing 25% or so (tops) would approve...maybe you have some neutral reactions, but I'm going to guess that at least 65% of the fanbase strongly disapproves...that's significant.

Yeah I sure can't see these things selling all that well, as is.  As I mentioned before, I do wonder if we'll see a modified version of it, if that's allowed mid-cycle (maybe another version of the NJ crest...I think the "Jersey" part is what most fans who don't like the Jer-jers have an issue with)...like when the Islanders swapped out the Fishsticks logo for their old (and current) logo, while keeping the rest of the Fishsticks jersey intact.  

I consider the original logo sacred myself...really hope that never ever gets fvcked with.

You do have some people who dig it, but I can't see enough people who hated them from the get-go changing their tune...like I mentioned previously, the vibe I got outside the Devils Dan and chattering with fans (and overhearing other chatter) is that a lot of fans really hate these.  But we'll see if the sales figures reflect that.  

The color scheme looks nice on the ice. The striping is a little busy but even our red or white logo without the circle makes those things sell. For me it’s really just the “jersey” instead of “Devils” or the logo. The numbers  look really nice on the players in my opinion

• Like 1

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

The color scheme looks nice on the ice. The striping is a little busy but even our red or white logo without the circle makes those things sell. For me it’s really just the “jersey” instead of “Devils” or the logo. The numbers  look really nice on the players in my opinion

And we’re 1-0 in them, so that’s good.