TV Help Needed

Brewskies

I want to get rid of Optimum Cable service. My problem is I watch the Devils games live on the MSG network. The NHL hockey package doesn't show local games. I just bought 3 months ago a new Modem and Wifi system with extenders, total cost about $500. So I don't see changing to VPN. I want to watch on my TV not my phone or tablet. 

Any suggestions. I really appreciate any help you can provide. I am not technical with this stuff.  Thanks in advance.

A friend of mine bought an Amazon FireStick for about $30 which plugs into the HDMI port on your television.  He subscribes to FUBO TV through the FUBO app and he is able to watch Devils games on there. It is a online subscription cable service I think it's about $80 per month. That's one alternative. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

A friend of mine bought an Amazon FireStick for about $30 which plugs into the HDMI port on your television.  He subscribes to FUBO TV through the FUBO app and he is able to watch Devils games on there. It is a online subscription cable service I think it's about $80 per month. That's one alternative. 

I use FuboTV. Costs $65 a month for the lowest package. You get all the Devils games on MSG (except the ones only on ESPN+). Works great - never really had any streaming or buffering issues

• Thanks 1

I just use online streams on my computer and it's free. The quality is fine if you have decent enough internet to stream video.

I mention this again only because I can't believe how much some of you guys are having to pay to get Devils games to your TV when I haven't paid a dime(other than monthly internet) in a decade to watch games.

Edited by NJDevils1214
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I just use online streams on my computer and it's free. The quality is fine if you have decent enough internet to stream video.

I mention this again only because I can't believe how much some of you guys are having to pay to get Devils games to your TV when I haven't paid a dime(other than monthly internet) in a decade to watch games.

Would you care to DM where you find your streams? Everything I’ve found so far has been buggy and full of pop ups that evade my ad blockers. 

17 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

A friend of mine bought an Amazon FireStick for about $30 which plugs into the HDMI port on your television.  He subscribes to FUBO TV through the FUBO app and he is able to watch Devils games on there. It is an online subscription cable service. I think it's about $80 per month. That's one alternative. 

Thank you, I have a Chromecast stick and have Fubo. I haven't signed up yet. I don't see the MSG network as an offering but will take the trial Saturday. That game is on MSG; Friday night is on ESPN+.

Happy holidays to you and yours. 

Go, Devils

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

How do you find these streams of the game? Thanks

3 hours ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I also just stream them from a website that's setup as a gambling simulator. But Brewskies said he's not very technically sound when it comes to stuff like this so it might be a bit of a pain for him to get a web browser to go through his TV

Yeah, I am not technical and old, so you describe my problem. I probably could do the same for NE Patriots games but that hasn't worked well for me either. 

14 hours ago, Bonginator11 said:

I use FuboTV. Costs $65 a month for the lowest package. You get all the Devils games on MSG (except the ones only on ESPN+). Works great - never really had any streaming or buffering issues

I'm a FuboTV subscriber (only during hockey season), and just to give the complete picture, there is a $5 "regional sports" fee on top of that. So the total cost of the lowest tier is actually $70. That's pretty steep IMO, but I try to keep in mind what I paid when we lived in the area and had season tickets for 7 seasons. From that perspective it's a bargain. 

If someone is willing to share, I would be interested in a link to the streams, to compare the quality and ease of operation vs. the Fubo package. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brick Pig said:

I'm a FuboTV subscriber (only during hockey season), and just to give the complete picture, there is a $5 "regional sports" fee on top of that. So the total cost of the lowest tier is actually $70. That's pretty steep IMO, but I try to keep in mind what I paid when we lived in the area and had season tickets for 7 seasons. From that perspective it's a bargain. 

If someone is willing to share, I would be interested in a link to the streams, to compare the quality and ease of operation vs. the Fubo package. 

Thank you for your advise. I need to find easy and simple. Fubo on a seasonal (hockey) basis is a great idea. I have YouTube TV that has all I need  except the Devils games and Tennis. You helped me. Happy Holidays to you and yours. Thanks again

Thank you to those that offered suggestions for my issue. Tonight I will watch the game on Fubo, and I have two streaming sites to try. My problem has been solved, I think. 

Happy and Healthy Holidays to everyone.

Lets Go Devils

I don't think it matters; they lack the hockey talent again to make the playoffs this season. I felt with the additions to the D, it would make a difference, providing close wins. With Tatar added to the offense, I expected more production from him. Very sad. I am pointing the finger at the coaching staff, management, not Fitz; I think he is trying with little success and ownership. I don't expect much change next season with the present Devils team. I am still watching games, however. 

Edited by Brewskies
  • Like 1

On 12/10/2021 at 11:22 AM, NJDevils1214 said:

On 12/10/2021 at 11:26 AM, Devil Dan 56 said:

Would you care to DM where you find your streams? Everything I’ve found so far has been buggy and full of pop ups that evade my ad blockers. 

So, I am in this boat too.  In the early 2000s I paid for the NHL package, but I haven't in about 15 years, and I still watch almost every single game.  Up until this year there was an app called "Lazyman" that a guy developed (interestingly enough he was a Devils fan and he goes by the pseudonym "Stevens4NJD" or something like that, and I think he was actually registered here and posted a few times) which allowed you to play all NHL games, both home and away feeds, AND also MLB games (they use the same streaming service/technology).  He developed it for fun and didn't charge anything for it.  It was great.  But, as times change so do the cable companies and eventually they caught on to him and found a way to block his application from working.  He continued developing it over the years and was able to find workarounds, but as of this year he no longer had the time to keep up with it and his project is officially over.  Thankfully, there's one alternative that still works nearly identically, called "NHLGames":  Releases · MLBAMGames/NHLGames · GitHub

It takes about 2 minutes to install on your computer and you don't have to be tech savvy. I've walked some friends through installing it over the phone and usually they're able to get it working pretty quickly. Personally I usually just watch the games on my laptop with this program, but if I wanted a bigger screen occasionally I'll connect my laptop to my TV with an HDMI cable or even using the built-in Wireless Display ability in Windows 10 to wirelessly cast it to my SmartTV so no cables are even needed.   

Anyway, I highly recommend that program because you don't have to every worry about a single ad, and it's so easy to use.