GDT: Devils @ Flyers 12/14 7pm

Nicomo

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I remember the Devils Rangers playoff bench clear in 1992, I think the last one before it was an automatic suspension to leave the bench. Absolutely insane. 

Heh heh that’s when Terreri told a very young Brodeur that he had to get in there, and somehow he wound up grabbing Joey Kocur, who Brodeur said turned to him and muttered quietly (but firmly) “Let me go.”  Marty let him go.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Haha 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

image.gif.e49b4759f7efeefde16a6940e6e576b9.gif

Good to see Fitz out and about…why is he dressed up like Kevin Bacon in Animal House though?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

I recently posted that it looks like the Devils won’t have more wins than last year, all of 19.  Someone thought that was insane, for a second I believed them, not so sure I do anymore.

They’ll probably wind up with 30 or so.  Which out of 82 is still really bad.

5 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

I recently posted that it looks like the Devils won’t have more wins than last year, all of 19.  Someone thought that was insane, for a second I believed them, not so sure I do anymore.

this team stinks but it’s not historically terrible lol calm down.

i’ll bet you any amount of money with any odds that they end up with more than 20 fvcking wins, jesus 

Just now, hit the post said:

Another year of we're done by December......Total trash

Kinda feels that way.  Never thought they’d fall apart like this.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Heh heh that’s when Terreri told a very young Brodeur that he had to get in there, and somehow he wound up grabbing Joey Kocur, who Brodeur said turned to him and muttered quietly (but firmly) “Let me go.”  Marty let him go.

Marty was always a thinking man’s player. 

• Haha 1

Just now, mfitz804 said:

You must have been disregarding the last 10 years lol .

I really honestly truly thought it was going to be different this season. 

Just now, ajsgolf said:

I’ll forever hate Gretzky for calling the devils a Mickey Mouse franchise but he would now have a point since I can’t see how this team will ever improve.  By the time fvcking ownership thinks this team is ready, Hughes would have retired.

It feels like everyone from the top down has become patient to a fault.  Way too much general complacency for a bunch of guys who haven’t won sh!t.  Feels like they need those one or two guys who hate losing…be it a player or two, a coach.  But it’s gotta start somewhere, soon.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I get it because I watch sports as a way to hopefully decompress from the grind of the day but tonight just feels different.   This isn’t just overreacting as a fan of a young inconsistent team and deciding to bitch about it.  This is literally embarrassing.   We’re all watching most of our important young assets regress yet again after a decade of futility.  Worse yet, it’s against the only team we’ve been able to beat since mid November.   

We do this because it’s supposed to be enjoyable but I can not think of a single positive thing to say about what I just saw.  

DF52E1EF-EC8F-4BC9-B391-3A4A87635084.gif

10 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Narrator: “But, it was not broughten.”

Well, define ‘it’. If ‘it’ was a solid and winning-caliber effort- definitely and unequivocally not brought. But if ‘it’ was embarrassment to the fans, the alumni, and the logo- brought with gusto. 

• Angry 1

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It feels like everyone from the top down has become patient to a fault.  Way too much general complacency for a bunch of guys who haven’t won sh!t.  Feels like they need those one or two guys who hate losing…be it a player or two, a coach.  But it’s gotta start somewhere, soon.  

Jack has that. You could see it at the end of the Isles game. Down by 2 with seconds left he was still trying to make something happen and moving at top speed. Everyone else was already done. He isn’t good enough to do it in his own and pull the whole team along with him though. Maybe he’s one of those guys one day, but not yet. 

1 minute ago, Satans Hockey said:

Fire everyone, another season turning into a complete waste of time really quickly. 

A part of me wants to give Fitz another coaching hire, but he sure seems content to sink with the S.S. Ruff right now.  

• Like 2

I replied to a devils sales rep at the beginning of 2020 with the below email.  Seems like I can copy and paste this for any future emails I ever fvcking receive from another sales rep:

I guess the delay in my email may have partly been because I was trying to determine how I wanted to draft it.

I’ve been a fan of this franchise for 28 years.  Granted there have been some really bad teams during those years and some really successful ones.  I’ve never been more angry at a devils team than the one on the ice this year.  With the expectations going into the season compared to the output on the ice I’ve never been more disinterested in going to see them play.  That sentiment has been shared by pretty much every Devils fan I’ve come across including season ticket holders.
This year the organization has fired their GM, head coach, brought Schneider back up from the AHL (can’t comprehend that since we’re talking about a goalie who went more than a calendar year without a win, if that’s not atrocious I don’t know what is) and somehow figured out a way to acquire a backup goalie as bad as Schneider.  In addition they named Alain as the interim coach who is as clueless as Hynes was, aka Hynes 2.0.  Fitzgerald (who I do believe should be named the new GM) even admitted that this team probably won’t be competitive next year and are still in a rebuild.  If a fan hears that why would they want to spend any money to visit the arena to see such a horrible product when you already know going into next year they will be just as bad?
Devils currently only have 3 players they can try to build around; Hughes, Hischier, and Blackwood.  Until they’re competitive again there’s just no way I’d consider purchasing tickets to see them play.  Year in and year out it’s practically a repeat of the previous year and next season does not have any promise.  I’m really getting sick of the Prudential Center because outside of 2012 it’s been one failed season after another.  Would rather them move back to the Meadowlands.  I’m even watching this game tonight against the Blues and you can get sick watching them, just a horrible performance.  No more than a couple scoring chances in the game at best.  As I’m drafting this email they just gave up another goal.  They’re once again the equivalent of the AHL team.  My friend whose a Rangers fan has been to many more devils games this year than me, same case as last year and will be the same as next.  The Blues have now won 12 games in a row against the devils, how beyond pathetic is that?  Buy tickets for this team?  That’s an absolute joke if I ever heard one.