GDT: Golden Knights @ Devils 12/16 7pm

ajsgolf

11 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’ll be at this one. I’ll probably drink a lot of beer. LGD. 

Think a “Fire Lindy” or “Fire Recchi” chant might be in order (doubt it would happen though). 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

You're a saint. This one has blowout written all over it

Yes it does. But tickets are cheap, and it’s probably the only home game I can make it to this month. So I’ll drink more to ease the pain 🤣

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yes it does. But tickets are cheap, and it’s probably the only home game I can make it to this month. So I’ll drink more to ease the pain 🤣

You’ll be wishing we didn’t have the most expensive beer in the NHL because you will need a lot of them. 

8 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Where's the vuvuzela guy when you need him...you can use his vuvu for a funnel...

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Change of plans. Going Sunday now instead. So I’ll be watching this one at home (and drinking free beer 🤣).

I'm still considering going with my daughter to the same game...but I REALLY don't want to be pissed off halfway through the first period, when I'm barely even settling in, and the Devils are already down by 2-3 goals...

3 minutes ago, Rock said:

Sunday is Star Wars night always fun for a geek like me.

.......  Oh yeah...... Let's Go Devils!

Jack: Luuuuke, I am your brother…and we desperately fvcking need you since we have 1 defenseman, good job at Michigan but that was long enough.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, devlman said:

I don’t even care anymore. fvck them, the useless assistants and clueless management.  2 points or please lose by 6. The worst case would be losing a close game and hearing sugar coated talk about moral victories and players with a sniffle.

I still care, but I've decided for now that I'm not going to be in as big of a rush to buy tix, drive 45-50 mins, and pay for parking to watch a team that couldn't look more disheveled at the moment...I was fully planning on 12/19 and 12/31, but I'm not bothering with 12/19...I need to see some fvcking progress already...I can just as easily watch them suck (and turn them off) from the comfort of my own home.  And get a local pregame feast that will easily top most of the Rock's offerings.  As much as I love taking my daughter to games and the quality time that comes with them, I can still spend that quality time with a lot less damage to my wallet.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I still care, but I've decided for now that I'm not going to be in as big of a rush to buy tix, drive 45-50 mins, and pay for parking to watch a team that couldn't look more disheveled at the moment...I was fully planning on 12/19 and 12/31, but I'm not bothering with 12/19...I need to see some fvcking progress already...I can just as easily watch them suck (and turn them off) from the comfort of my own home.  And get a local pregame feast that will easily top most of the Rock's offerings.  As much as I love taking my daughter to games and the quality time that comes with them, I can still spend that quality time with a lot less damage to my wallet.  

What’s truly disheartening is the fans having this sentiment in mid-December. They couldn’t even give us an improvement over last year and make it to January with some meaningful games.

Edit: Random thought but I have to vent how awful Zacha has been away from the puck all season. He sometimes finishes his chances but effort/defensively he looks so uninterested. He may not be a player winning teams tend to have.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, devlman said:

What’s truly disheartening is the fans having this sentiment in mid-December. They couldn’t even give us an improvement over last year and make it to January with some meaningful games.

Agree, did not think we'd find ourselves in this spot.  Never thought there would be yet another full-on cliff dive at 7-3-2.  But it's happened AGAIN.  And apparently it's time for even more patience.  Sucks, I fvcking love the Devils, I fvcking love hockey, and I love that I have a kid that I can share this with...how many parents and children have bonded through shared time taking in sporting events through the years?  And right now I hate that the Devils have basically sucked for just about every season since reaching the 2012 SCF.  And I hate that the organization, while I'm sure they're not happy about what's transpired, just doesn't seem inclined to do much about it.  And I hate that it doesn't look like that corner's being turned anytime soon.  I would love to take my daughter to a friggin' playoff game just once, before she goes off to college...she's in 8th grade right now.  Will it happen?  I have no fvcking idea. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

The day is young, but I can't believe we're going to apparently go into this game with the coaching staff in-tact.

I mean at this point should we be rooting for a 5-1 drubbing, leading to the ~8k fans in attendance booing and chanting "Fire Ruff"?

Our new theme song. 

9 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Our new theme song. 

Only that The Three Stooges will most indeed continue to get out alive...

At this point, if Recchi is Curly (he has enough girth, and his failing follicles are headed in a most-Curly-like direction), can't we at least give Shemp a look?  Could it really get any worse?

17 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

The day is young, but I can't believe we're going to apparently go into this game with the coaching staff in-tact.

I mean at this point should we be rooting for a 5-1 drubbing, leading to the ~8k fans in attendance booing and chanting "Fire Ruff"?

If they're going to go after Ruff, I would think "Fire Lin-dy" would probably be the way to go.

But I think the guy who should hear it tonight is Recchi.  The power play has been awful under his watch and is only getting worse, and it's not like they should be THIS bad...at the very least, I would think the 17.5 - 18.0% that they managed in the two seasons prior to Recchi's arrival is not too much to ask.  Especially with Hamilton in the mix.

• Like 1