GDT: Golden Knights @ Devils 12/16 7pm

ajsgolf

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If they're going to go after Ruff, I would think "Fire Lin-dy" would probably be the way to go.

But I think the guy who should hear it tonight is Recchi.  The power play has been awful under his watch and is only getting worse, and it's not like they should be THIS bad...at the very least, I would think the 17.5 - 18.0% that they managed in the two seasons prior to Recchi's arrival is not too much to ask.  Especially with Hamilton in the mix.

I would say everyone should hear it. It's not like anything else is going right. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I would say everyone should hear it. It's not like anything else is going right. 

Won't even attempt to argue against that.

No no no, we went over this people.

“Fire Everyone” is the only fvcking chant that should be heard tonight.  During warmups, all 60 mins of playing time and at various parts of intermission.

You each need to do your part.  I’ll cut a break for those watching at home, but if you’re at the game I better hear it, spread the word!

36 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I’d love to see the people sitting behind the bench have signs that say “dumb, dumber and dumbest” for the three stupids… it’d 99.9% never happen but I’d still love to see it

Dumb, dumber and even dumber-er somehow seems more appropriate...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Bauman:

Give me an E-V-E-R-Y-O-N-E

A little long maybe but who gives a fvck, everyone hears and pays attention to him.  A devils staple.

Love Bauman! Legend! I love that he’s still doing the chant at games all these years later. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:
Guys we have had one line that worked all season - one line. 
Johnsson - Mercer - Bratt.  And Ruff refuses to put them back together.

Fire Ruff.

image.jpeg.0dc46673e0c9f217265995f1a8be489f.jpeg

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Guys we have had one line that worked all season - one line.  Johnsson - Mercer - Bratt.  And Ruff refuses to put them back together.

Fire Ruff.

Ruff: “Hey has anyone seen that paper where i wrote down that one like that really worked well together? I can’t find it.”

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, MB3 said:

today, i have nothing else on. I have no TV shows to catch up on. no other plans other than watching a screaming baby eat from a boob.

and i will not be tuning in to the game. feels weird, but I just can't stomach it any more. 10 years is enough rope. 

Will I be watching tonight, with my kid in tow?  Yep.

Am I looking forward to the hockey part?  Not really.

Do I understand exactly how you feel?  You bet.  I'm reaching that point too. 

I have been under the weather the past few days but I did see Tuesday's game and will likely watch tonight.  Maybe it will make me feel worse again so that makes me an idiot.

Win or lose, I do not have any confidence that this will be the end of this coaching staff.  I still think it is because the owners don't want to spend the money on better coaching.  They will put out money on items that gets fans in the seats (gigantic scoreboard, long-term extensions for "star" players, etc) but when it comes to things like coaching, which doesn't typically draw fans in, they cheap out.  I think calling the owners cheap is probably not the best word I could use to describe them, but it seems like for them it is all about ROI and good coaching doesn't move the sales needle enough.  Why else would they allow to have the coaches who had the league-worst PP two years in a row, and has outright cost them games, still hang on?

I am also starting to believe that the owners are also process zealots who care more about that mantra than actual results.  Their process has lead to better Sixers teams, but ones who had to endure years of basement dwelling to build up talent and who still can't get to the finals despite great teams on paper.  They are slaves to their own process and have no problems constantly punting the season before the new years.

1 hour ago, Fansinz88 said:

Smith still in the lineup is ridiculous. Top pair? Fireable offense in it’s own right. 

The ONLY reasonable thing I can think of there is that Ruff thinks Smith playing with Hamilton will help him. It’s all I can come up with. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

today, i have nothing else on. I have no TV shows to catch up on. no other plans other than watching a screaming baby eat from a boob.

and i will not be tuning in to the game. feels weird, but I just can't stomach it any more. 10 years is enough rope. 

My daughter’s 3rd Christmas Show was supposed to be tonight and it was postponed due to one of the actors being quarantined. So we’re going to finally see the Ghostbusters movie instead. I know a lot of people said it sucked, but I know the Devils game has a high percentage chance of sucking also, so I’ll take my chances. 

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The ONLY reasonable thing I can think of there is that Ruff thinks Smith playing with Hamilton will help him. It’s all I can come up with. 

I don't think he knows what to do anymore.  Feels like he's reached that dreaded "Throw it against the wall and pray that it sticks" point.

And with Hamilton suddenly struggling some, I'm convinced that nASS can ruin just about ANY defenseman that he gets his hands on.  It would be comical if it wasn't happening to MY team.   

• Like 2

Just now, mfitz804 said:

My daughter’s 3rd Christmas Show was supposed to be tonight and it was postponed due to one of the actors being quarantined. So we’re going to finally see the Ghostbusters movie instead. I know a lot of people said it sucked, but I know the Devils game has a high percentage chance of sucking also, so I’ll take my chances. 

I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard that if you've seen the original (is there really anyone our age that hasn't?), you'll probably enjoy it.  But almost every review that I read made it sound like it's a movie made almost completely for fans of the original...a bit too much so for younger people who never saw it (or the few oldsters who didn't see at a bunch of times through the years).  I saw GB 2 back in the day and it was...well...there.  That other one...won't ever watch it.  Can't bring myself to. 

36 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard that if you've seen the original (is there really anyone our age that hasn't?), you'll probably enjoy it.  But almost every review that I read made it sound like it's a movie made almost completely for fans of the original...a bit too much so for younger people who never saw it (or the few oldsters who didn't see at a bunch of times through the years).  I saw GB 2 back in the day and it was...well...there.  That other one...won't ever watch it.  Can't bring myself to. 

Many years ago they re-released the original in the theaters and I took my daughter to see it, she's been a fan ever since. The new one has the kid from Stranger Things in it, which of course makes her want to see it more.

I don't need every movie to be a cinematic masterpiece, and that's not what I'm expecting here. Ghosts plus blowing some sh!t up is a good way to spend an hour or two. 

50 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I enjoyed it. I was a huge fan of the original and there’s plenty of Easter eggs. They’ll never duplicate the originals but I thought they did a decent job moving the franchise into a different generation, which I believe was the ultimate goal even if they stumbled big time on the 2016 one. 

Regardless, it’ll probably be better than watching whatever the Devils drag onto the ice. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56