GDT: Golden Knights @ Devils 12/16 7pm

ajsgolf

Watching Blackwood just now, I can tell two things - 1) He needs a better team around him, and 2) He's not mature enough yet.  His mannerisms show that he feels like he needs to apologize for every goal he gives up.  I think his psyche is fragile.  He knows the team in front of him is anything but stable and consistent, and he probably feels a ton of pressure to stop every single puck, even the crazy bounces and deflections where he really doesn't have much of a chance, like that last goal.  

We still don't know if he's our long-term answer, but I have a feeling if he somehow ended up on a different and older/better team, he'd do just fine.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 11:44 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Think a “Fire Lindy” or “Fire Recchi” chant might be in order (doubt it would happen though). 

did I hear a Fire recchi chant?

salvador gives me heartburn when he speaks

Edited by Devils01

2 minutes ago, Devils01 said:

did I hear a Fire recchi chant?

salvador gives me heartburn when he speaks

Someone might have to write “Fire Recchi” in Braille, because Fitz has to be deaf, dumb, and blind at this point not to realize this power play continues be a joke with no punchline.

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, I'm plenty happy with being entertained.  And everytime I watch Roadhouse (one of the best Bad Movies ever made), I'm very much entertained.

And I've always been of the strong belief that there's "critic's movies" and "people's movies".  Critics just loved "The Royal Tenenbaums".  I thought that movie sucked absolute ass.  We sat through the entire thing, waiting for it to get better (Gene Hackman briefly spiced things up upon his appearance, but that was about it).  The credits couldn't scroll upscreen fast enough.

Sometimes I'll record older movies and watch them, for the hell of it.  Watched "The China Syndrome" (1979) the other day...still holds up, even with the obviously dated aspects (and always a hoot to see now much-older actors in their much-younger days)...of course, the Three Mile Island incident would happen just three weeks after its mainsteam release. 

If I make it to the third period today, I'll be pleasantly surprised.  I'm expecting another mess of a game.   

Literally one of my favorite movies. You’re now dead to me. :P

Wes Anderson is definitely not for everyone though. I doubt you’d like any of his other stuff if you didn’t like Tenenbaums. It’s probably his most accessible film. 

• Haha 1

Fitz is waiting for the PP to be 9/100 just to be sure 

Just now, ajsgolf said:

Bryce, take those stats and shove them up your a$$.  Your insight is in line with how much you contributed as a hockey player, wish you never played.  Relay that message to the majority of the team.

Bryce was instrumental in our 2012 run so calm down there, Francis

• Like 3