GDT: Golden Knights @ Devils 12/16 7pm

ajsgolf

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

That quote from Severson is a joke - he's part of the problem. Zero growth, still making the same braindead mistakes he was making as a rookie.

Start being a positive contributor out there. Own it.

Has he ever really had good coaching on this team though? It’s amazing when you throw him on Team Canada, and pair him with Darnell Nurse and he all of a sudden looks great…

1 hour ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Watching Blackwood just now, I can tell two things - 1) He needs a better team around him, and 2) He's not mature enough yet.  His mannerisms show that he feels like he needs to apologize for every goal he gives up.  I think his psyche is fragile.  He knows the team in front of him is anything but stable and consistent, and he probably feels a ton of pressure to stop every single puck, even the crazy bounces and deflections where he really doesn't have much of a chance, like that last goal.  

We still don't know if he's our long-term answer, but I have a feeling if he somehow ended up on a different and older/better team, he'd do just fine.

The mental aspect of Marty’s game was one of the main things that made him such a unicorn (along with the durability). It’s just so unusual for goalie’s not to get in their own heads when things aren’t going well. 

Edited by Nicomo

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Was there a Fire Recchi chant? Did I hear that correctly?

Yup but not too loud enough in my opinion. Fitz is deaf he probably didn’t hear if

I want us to get another PP opportunity and not score so we can hear the chant again nice and clear 

Edited by Devils01

Am 1000% convinced they flat out do not have the talent to compete with nhl teams.  I know every one of these fvcking games they play, especially against any team that is a .500 team or better that they have a 0% chance of winning, and I’ve not been wrong once this year.  If I lived in jersey I’d be a millionaire since I’d bet every one of these fvcking games that they’d lose by the spread, guaranteed money.

16 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Was there a Fire Recchi chant? Did I hear that correctly?

This guy is a friend, he's not a parrot of the org or any org for that matter (call the Jets sh!t every game he covers week after week) . We could only dream of having an honest take rather than everyone spewing hot garbage. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Am 1000% convinced they flat out do not have the talent to compete with nhl teams.  I know every one of these fvcking games they play, especially against any team that is a .500 team or better that they have a 0% chance of winning, and I’ve not been wrong once this year.  If I lived in jersey I’d be a millionaire since I’d bet every one of these fvcking games that they’d lose by the spread, guaranteed money.

Yeah, those basement dwellers the Lightning sure was a fun walkover, same with the Panthers... oh wait, they were leading the league...

Yeah, you're not wrong, we're bad against teams above .500

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

Oh please. They’ve beaten teams like Florida and Tampa. 

• Like 1