Jump to content

GDT: Golden Knights @ Devils 12/16 7pm


ajsgolf
 Share

Recommended Posts

36 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I haven't seen it yet, but I've heard that if you've seen the original (is there really anyone our age that hasn't?), you'll probably enjoy it.  But almost every review that I read made it sound like it's a movie made almost completely for fans of the original...a bit too much so for younger people who never saw it (or the few oldsters who didn't see at a bunch of times through the years).  I saw GB 2 back in the day and it was...well...there.  That other one...won't ever watch it.  Can't bring myself to. 

Many years ago they re-released the original in the theaters and I took my daughter to see it, she's been a fan ever since. The new one has the kid from Stranger Things in it, which of course makes her want to see it more.

I don't need every movie to be a cinematic masterpiece, and that's not what I'm expecting here. Ghosts plus blowing some sh!t up is a good way to spend an hour or two. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

My daughter’s 3rd Christmas Show was supposed to be tonight and it was postponed due to one of the actors being quarantined. So we’re going to finally see the Ghostbusters movie instead. I know a lot of people said it sucked, but I know the Devils game has a high percentage chance of sucking also, so I’ll take my chances. 

I enjoyed it. I was a huge fan of the original and there’s plenty of Easter eggs. They’ll never duplicate the originals but I thought they did a decent job moving the franchise into a different generation, which I believe was the ultimate goal even if they stumbled big time on the 2016 one. 

Regardless, it’ll probably be better than watching whatever the Devils drag onto the ice. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I enjoyed it. I was a huge fan of the original and there’s plenty of Easter eggs. They’ll never duplicate the originals but I thought they did a decent job moving the franchise into a different generation, which I believe was the ultimate goal even if they stumbled big time on the 2016 one. 

Regardless, it’ll probably be better than watching whatever the Devils drag onto the ice. 

There was a time I’d avoid doing stuff at the time games were on. This is no longer that time. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Many years ago they re-released the original in the theaters and I took my daughter to see it, she's been a fan ever since. The new one has the kid from Stranger Things in it, which of course makes her want to see it more.

I don't need every movie to be a cinematic masterpiece, and that's not what I'm expecting here. Ghosts plus blowing some sh!t up is a good way to spend an hour or two. 

Yeah, I'm plenty happy with being entertained.  And everytime I watch Roadhouse (one of the best Bad Movies ever made), I'm very much entertained.

And I've always been of the strong belief that there's "critic's movies" and "people's movies".  Critics just loved "The Royal Tenenbaums".  I thought that movie sucked absolute ass.  We sat through the entire thing, waiting for it to get better (Gene Hackman briefly spiced things up upon his appearance, but that was about it).  The credits couldn't scroll upscreen fast enough.

Sometimes I'll record older movies and watch them, for the hell of it.  Watched "The China Syndrome" (1979) the other day...still holds up, even with the obviously dated aspects (and always a hoot to see now much-older actors in their much-younger days)...of course, the Three Mile Island incident would happen just three weeks after its mainsteam release. 

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

There was a time I’d avoid doing stuff at the time games were on. This is no longer that time. 

If I make it to the third period today, I'll be pleasantly surprised.  I'm expecting another mess of a game.   

 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Don't want to pick on Jesper too much given how he's played since a slow start, but maybe start by not sucking at the BEGINNING of games?  (Obviously referring to the whole team here)

Sorry Damon, you're one of the losers...not that what you're saying is wrong, just that I don't want to hear from someone who's often been a part of the problem, and doesn't ever seem to evolve.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was in MTL all week and just got back. Didn't pay much attention to the team or games beside checking the score the other night and going "oh boy".

Not too confident about this one either.

So since i kind of assume we'll lose let's hope this is the nail in the coffin for the coaching staff

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Don't want to pick on Jesper too much given how he's played since a slow start, but maybe start by not sucking at the BEGINNING of games?  (Obviously referring to the whole team here)

Sorry Damon, you're one of the losers...not that what you're saying is wrong, just that I don't want to hear from someone who's often been a part of the problem, and doesn't ever seem to evolve.

Reading that, I immediately thought the same thing.  He wants to simplify the end of games?  Kid, you've been on the ice....you should know what the problem is, and the problem has clearly been your sh!tty start to most games.  Your team has actually, surprisingly, managed to play decent in the 3rd period of most games.  

I don't understand how someone who is actually on the team and in the lineup every single night could mis-interpret the state of the team so badly.  

Edited by NJDfan1711
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:


Running out of bodies fast 

Precautionary as in Covid possibility, or....trade possibility?  I assume the former, but I think everyone expects the latter at some point this season, and with the way we've been performing lately, I guess it's not too early to declare ourselves sellers...?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Precautionary as in Covid possibility, or....trade possibility?  I assume the former, but I think everyone expects the latter at some point this season, and with the way we've been performing lately, I guess it's not too early to declare ourselves sellers...?

With the way things are going I’d assume covid but you make a great point about being sellers and having Subban sit. He has a lot of suits to pack if he gets traded 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Precautionary as in Covid possibility, or....trade possibility?  I assume the former, but I think everyone expects the latter at some point this season, and with the way we've been performing lately, I guess it's not too early to declare ourselves sellers...?

So I don’t get if it’s precautionary for Covid. Was he contact traced or some nonsense? Cause if it’s Covid he either has it or doesn’t . No grey area there to me. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Fansinz88 said:

So I don’t get if it’s precautionary for Covid. Was he contact traced or some nonsense? Cause if it’s Covid he either has it or doesn’t . No grey area there to me. 

I was wondering the same thing.... that's what led me to believe that maybe it was trade-related.  I haven't heard of anyone else held out for "possibly Covid contact".

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.