GDT - Devils at Detroit 12/18 8pm MSG+

Satans Hockey

at the same time we have no idea if being booed all game long game after game is just discarded out of hand by an ownership group. Every situation I'm sure is different. I don't imagine they would tolerate a bunch of signs hanging in the arena saying fire everybody not sure anybody would. Less people in the arena the better make the camera guys work even harder to hide the empty building.

Just now, devlman said:

Oh so it’s only name calling when someone says it to you? Yet you start off calling me delusional lol. You really are the delusional one.

What you said is completely delusional. That’s not name calling. Multimillion dollar companies don’t make decisions based on drunk idiots booing. The fact that you think that they do is completely delusional. It’s as likely as the team continuing a winning streak because you didn’t wash your lucky underwear. 

Nobody in the front office is looking at this epic failure of a season and saying “well, the fans aren’t booing so they must be fine with it”. The booing goes along with continued failure, it’s the failure that causes the change. If you don’t think so, go to a Capitals game and start booing Alex Ovechkin and see if they release him. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

What you said is completely delusional. That’s not name calling. Multimillion dollar companies don’t make decisions based on drunk idiots booing. The fact that you think that they do is completely delusional. It’s as likely as the team continuing a winning streak because you didn’t wash your lucky underwear. 

Nobody in the front office is looking at this epic failure of a season and saying “well, the fans aren’t booing so they must be fine with it”. The booing goes along with continued failure, it’s the failure that causes the change. If you don’t think so, go to a Capitals game and start booing Alex Ovechkin and see if they release him. 

You said it has absolutely no bearing. It’s naive and idiotic to think that management wouldn’t apply negative fan sentiment, in any form, in any equation to timing of decisions. If you think otherwise you’re a naive idiot. Sorry if that’s name calling but it’s as idiotic as your Ovechkin comparison. 

• Like 1

Been watching this team closely since 1995 (when I was old enough to comprehend what the F was going on): this has been the WORST RUN I can remember.  This is HORRIBLE.   We are basement dwellers year after year after year.

Worse than the Mets.

Worse than the Jets.

This a complete and utter disgrace.

Heads should roll.

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

You said it has absolutely no bearing. It’s naive and idiotic to think that management wouldn’t apply negative fan sentiment, in any form, in any equation to timing of decisions. If you think otherwise you’re a naive idiot. Sorry if that’s name calling but it’s as idiotic as your Ovechkin comparison. 

No I didn’t, you added that. So in addition to being delusional, you have a problem with reading. 

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

You guys have gotta stop fighting with the resident troll. It's not even worth engaging, just ignore. Trust me it makes this a better forum.

Anyway, team sucks. Wake me up when they hire a new coach.

Shut up pu$$y. 

Edited by mfitz804

3 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

You guys have gotta stop fighting with the resident troll. It's not even worth engaging, just ignore. Trust me it makes this a better forum.

Anyway, team sucks. Wake me up when they hire a new coach.

The arguments he makes involve constant goal post moving and when people disengage after proving him wrong he hangs onto it like a beaten dog.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Please provide one example of management who made a decision purely based on fan booing.

Typically management make decisions when teams are not going well. Which can coincide with when fans are booing but the decision is still based on management seeing the problem.

Thinking otherwise is like if i'd actually believe that i'm opening doors using the force walking into Walmart by waving my hand. It was going to open regardless lol

I mean you only need to look as far as Vancouver to see what media pressure and a downright vicious fanbase can do.

Unfortunately, we have zero media pressure in this market and a so-so fanbase anyway. So.. not sure what we'd be able to accomplish. 

The Ruff experiment lives on.

• Like 1

Just now, devlman said:

The arguments he makes involve constant goal post moving and when people disengage after proving him wrong he hangs onto it like a beaten dog.

Yerp. Same thing every time, dude just likes to argue. A sad existence.

Just now, mikepeluso8 said:

THIS IS HORRIBLE

THIS FRANCHISE SUCKS

Screen Shot 2021-12-18 at 8.53.15 PM.png

And we honestly have so little talent at the moment to show for it.

Woof.

Just now, titans04 said:

Did you watch tonight's game? This sh!tty fight was more entertaining.

nope.

didn't.

was at the USMNT game and was tracking (loosely) the Devils game on my phone.  They suck. Why sit down and watch these games anymore? They're HORRIBLE.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

So for everyone who lost their sh!t when he said something positive about McLeod for last game. You guys are awfully quiet about him being honest, taking the blame and saying exactly what you wanted to hear yesterday.

Ruff is 100% right. The result of that happening over a prolonged period and him not implementing change should be his termination. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jerrydevil said:

It’s hard to know what to say anymore. Hence the argument about the effectiveness of booing. 

Next up: Paper bag on head. Will management notice?

As a hypothetical, if half the fans wore paper bags on their heads the next game, you (not specifically you just in general) don’t think that wouldn’t be written about and be a PR hit that management wouldn’t take notice of? That it wouldn’t pressure their deadline for making a decision? Of course it would. Booing is a different form of that.

• Like 1

Just now, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Skipped watching this one but my balls just accidentally dipped into the toilet water while taking a dump, so I'm pretty sure I got the same experience you all did

Hitting the showers 

If it was possible to then take your balls and slap yourself in the face with them, you would be 100% right. 

1 minute ago, devlman said:

As a hypothetical, if half the fans wore paper bags on their heads the next game, you (not specifically you just in general) don’t think that wouldn’t be written about and be a PR hit that management wouldn’t take notice of? That it wouldn’t pressure their deadline for making a decision? Of course it would. Booing is a different form of that.

I’m putting 21 stripes on my paper bag.

• Like 3