GDT - Devils at Detroit 12/18 8pm MSG+

Satans Hockey

1 minute ago, devlman said:

As a hypothetical, if half the fans wore paper bags on their heads the next game, you (not specifically you just in general) don’t think that wouldn’t be written about and be a PR hit that management wouldn’t take notice of? That it wouldn’t pressure their deadline for making a decision? Of course it would. Booing is a different form of that.

What I said, that you disagreed with, is that the team doesn’t make a decision based on booing. Now you are trying to turn it into it pressuring them when to make a decision. Yet you accused me of moving the goalposts lol. 

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Ruff is 100% right. The result of that happening over a prolonged period and him not implementing change should be his termination. 

it should.

But i reserving my judgement as to why its taking so long. We truly don't know what's going on behind closed doors.

They might have been waiting on a particular coach that is currently playing in another league and trying to get that going. Maybe they have a coach in mind that they thought would get fired soon and were waiting for that opportunity? Maybe they've been going back and forth on offers on a current unemployed coach. 

So many possible scenario. Maybe they knew all along Ruff was temporary until... say next season. That they had say that european guy kind of lined up. So they may be trying to pry that coach early? Or explore other options? Or try to find a replacement that would be temporaty too. Or maybe since the AHL team is doing well they dont want to jeopardize that for a season they didn't anticipate making the playoffs anyway? 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

What I said, that you disagreed with, is that the team doesn’t make a decision based on booing. Now you are trying to turn it into it pressuring them when to make a decision. Yet you accused me of moving the goalposts lol. 

You’re right. I should have accused you of playing semantics. Because you knew very well what people were tying to say regarding booing - that it was being used to pressure management.

Now you want to say ‘oh well I actually said management absolutely doesn’t base the decision on booing’ (still wrong). You wanted to argue or just add to your daily post quota and here we are.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

it should.

But i reserving my judgement as to why its taking so long. We truly don't know what's going on behind closed doors.

They might have been waiting on a particular coach that is currently playing in another league and trying to get that going. Maybe they have a coach in mind that they thought would get fired soon and were waiting for that opportunity? Maybe they've been going back and forth on offers on a current unemployed coach. 

So many possible scenario. Maybe they knew all along Ruff was temporary until... say next season. That they had say that european guy kind of lined up. So they may be trying to pry that coach early? Or explore other options? Or try to find a replacement that would be temporaty too. Or maybe since the AHL team is doing well they dont want to jeopardize that for a season they didn't anticipate making the playoffs anyway? 

I think it’s been seen a number of times that a coaching shakeup can help motivate a team. And on top of that, there is the apparent inability of this group of coaches to coach effectively. It’s probably worth clearing the decks even if you only bring in temporary people to finish the season. Maybe it’d show the players they are making an effort instead of being complacent. 

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

You’re right. I should have accused you of playing semantics. Because you knew very well what people were tying to say regarding booing - that it was being used to pressure management.

Now you want to say ‘oh well I actually said management absolutely doesn’t base the decision on booing’ (still wrong). You wanted to argue or just add to your daily post quota and here we are.

No, it’s just literally what I said, to which you responded “disagree”. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

If anyone is paying money or using their time to go see this sh!t show of a season in person after almost a full decade of dog sh!t seasons they can boo if they want, who gives a fvck, let them boo. 

This organization has certainly earned it. 

I don't think I'd take free tickets to see the game tomorrow. Honestly.

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

I don't think I'd take free tickets to see the game tomorrow. Honestly.

I was gonna go, but fvck that noise. I’m not paying money to watch this garbage. Especially with Covid back on the rise and the higher risk right now. Just not worth it at all.

Edited by MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I was gonna go, but fvck that noise. I’m not paying money to watch this garbage. Especially with Covid back on the rise and the higher risk right now. Just not worth it at all.

I was JUST about ready to start going back, too. But I’m not doing it based on both of those factors. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Lol that’s funny. Say what you want about Geertsen (like he doesn’t know how to play hockey and doesn’t belong in the NHL), but the dude is semi entertaining. 

And one of the only guys on this team willing to drop the gloves so that the other team isn’t entirely having their way with us.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, devlman said:

Whether it lights a fire under their assess or someone in management hears it..or whether it helps the fans vent, you boo your ass off.

I watched two Islander games when they finally returned home. They lost both and the fans never booed... and the atmosphere was incredible. We all hate when Devils lose and we are fed up, but the boys on the ice need to feel our full support.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devlman said:

And one of the only guys on this team willing to drop the gloves so that the other team isn’t entirely having their way with us.

He’s kind of a throwback in that regard (light on hockey skills, short on brains, willing to fight). 

It was good to see McLeod toss the gloves today, still not sure what the refs were looking at that they dropped the gloves, punches were thrown, and it was only called as roughing (with McLeod getting an extra 2). 

I have no problem with letting physical stuff go, but to me, once punches are thrown by both guys, that’s a fight, no?

4 minutes ago, Devs64 said:

I watched two Islander games when they finally returned home. They lost both and the fans never booed... and the atmosphere was incredible. We all hate when Devils lose and we are fed up, but the boys on the ice need to feel our full support.

Pretty sure they got booed a bit during our game there last Saturday. Islanders fans are just happy they got a new building and their team didn't move away. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

He’s kind of a throwback in that regard (light on hockey skills, short on brains, willing to fight). 

It was good to see McLeod toss the gloves today, still not sure what the refs were looking at that they dropped the gloves, punches were thrown, and it was only called as roughing (with McLeod getting an extra 2). 

I have no problem with letting physical stuff go, but to me, once punches are thrown by both guys, that’s a fight, no?

Refs have been dogsh!t all year long. I know this is typical fan bias but I swear the refs have had it out for the Devils this season. Two guys drop the gloves mutually and throw punches and it’s not 5 each for fighting? 

Just now, devlman said:

Refs have been dogsh!t all year long. I know this is typical fan bias but I swear the refs have had it out for the Devils this season. Two guys drop the gloves mutually and throw punches and it’s not 5 each for fighting? 

I don’t know how that’s possible, but it happened lol. 

• Like 1

I don't by the ref bias thing at all, especially when you have a guy who's new way of playing D is slew footing. I think all bad teams tend to feel like they're always getting the short end. The non-fight call didn't hurt or benefit anybody. 

Geerston is a terrible hockey player and apparently finding a bucket big enough to fit him is too big of a challenge for the equipment guys. 

Onto the next one. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

I don't by the ref bias thing at all, especially when you have a guy who's new way of playing D is slew footing. I think all bad teams tend to feel like they're always getting the short end. The non-fight call didn't hurt or benefit anybody. 

Geerston is a terrible hockey player and apparently finding a bucket big enough to fit him is too big of a challenge for the equipment guys. 

Onto the next one. 

Fans convinced refs are biased against their team is the biggest cringe in sports. Spend any time with any fan of any team of any sports. And they'll all believe the same thing.

Plus they have no context cause they don't watch other teams as closely. It's always the typical... when your team get away with something you kind of let it slide and forget about it instantly. But when you feel there's some injustice, those all add up... forever. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

So for everyone who lost their sh!t when he said something positive about McLeod for last game. You guys are awfully quiet about him being honest, taking the blame and saying exactly what you wanted to hear yesterday.

I like his honesty there. He’s admitting some of the fault is his and he’s bringing up the very valid point that your top guys need to play like top guys. There is plenty of blame to go around. The first goal was a fluke but the rest was poor play, missed assignments, guys who were clearly lost on what they should be doing. Some of that is lack of preparation from the coaching staff, and some is players making fundamental mistakes. It’s really too far into the season for either to still be happening. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

So for everyone who lost their sh!t when he said something positive about McLeod for last game. You guys are awfully quiet about him being honest, taking the blame and saying exactly what you wanted to hear yesterday.

Yeah but it’s been a burning ship sinking far too long for him to just be saying something now. Too little too late.