GDT - Devils at Detroit 12/18 8pm MSG+

Satans Hockey

7 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

So for everyone who lost their sh!t when he said something positive about McLeod for last game. You guys are awfully quiet about him being honest, taking the blame and saying exactly what you wanted to hear yesterday.

Yeah but it’s been a burning ship sinking far too long for him to just be saying something now. Too little too late. 

Didn’t see a minute of this.

Yeah Ruff saying all the right things (as far assessing his coaching goes), but if anything, just makes it that much more clear that these guys don’t have any answers, or at the very least, aren’t capable of getting their message through to their players.

Hoping Fitz is exploring replacing this staff, seeing who might be available, etc.  Another season DOA.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Didn’t see a minute of this.

Yeah Ruff saying all the right things (as far assessing his coaching goes), but if anything, just makes it that much more clear that these guys don’t have any answers, or at the very least, aren’t capable of getting their message through to their players.

Hoping Fitz is exploring replacing this staff, seeing who might be available, etc.  Another season DOA.  

Before we give Ruff credit for self awareness, he was very quick to use the alibi of Covid taking out his guys and making it harder. Mind you he’s the only coach in the league having this problem and clearly the team’s poor performance when healthy was just bad luck. 

Yes, I’m partly being sarcastic but this coaching staff and their ineptitude has lost all semblance of compassion from cries of hardship from me. Far too manly limp d—— starts to games and inconsistent levels of give a fcks for me to feel any sympathy for Ruff & co

• Like 2

RWings 2nd goal infuriated me. Between #7 & #24 (latter truly sucked) don't know why they're together.  Then 2 minutes later, score again. I shut it off.

So many players "fell off" after last year. Goalie needs more seasoning, although at times made great saves. I think coaching needs to change. But, imo, Fitz won't be making them. They will move on from him & let next guy change coaching personal.  

I think this team , as is, is so one dimensional.  

30 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m a Dolphins fan, so that would be fine with me. Sorry not sorry 🤣

Enjoy your victory. Luckily we in Jets land are getting super excited for more top 10 picks because that’s way more exciting than playoffs or wins. Ugh my football and hockey teams are both such garbage these days. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Fans convinced refs are biased against their team is the biggest cringe in sports. Spend any time with any fan of any team of any sports. And they'll all believe the same thing.

Plus they have no context cause they don't watch other teams as closely. It's always the typical... when your team get away with something you kind of let it slide and forget about it instantly. But when you feel there's some injustice, those all add up... forever. 

I have never believed the bias argument, it’s kind of silly to think the refs have an agenda. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Fansinz88 said:

Yeah but it’s been a burning ship sinking far too long for him to just be saying something now. Too little too late. 

He said the same thing before. That's my point. He called out top guys before, Bratt, hischier, etc etc he benched some, he made some watch from the stands, he already SAID those things. So not sure again, why people get on his case for complimenting one line last game. He's been honest more than not. 

41 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So not sure again, why people get on his case for complimenting one line last game. 

You know why! It's because fans don't want to hear it. They see the bottom line -- losing -- and everything else is moot.

I get what you're saying. It's the truth that McLeod's line played well. But if the past is a predictor, the next game the Devils will spring a leak in the fourth line and Jack's line will look good.

Lindy cannot get the most out of role players and he cannot get his best players to play consistently. Sounds like a job for John Tortorella to me, if he still has the drive that made him a great head coach. This is a squad that needs some tough love. 

• Like 1