GDT: Edmonton @ Devils 1:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

21 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I think the bust talk can be put to rest. I absolutely can’t wait to see this dude in his prime 

Going back to last season, he’s now put up 12 G and 16 A in his last 35 GP. He’s also still well under two full seasons’ worth of games played to this point.  Production is heading in a good direction…and not like he gets loads of help.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

Should’ve been 3-1 devils. They stunk it up. This overtime/ 1 goal lead sh!t isn’t gonna work. Time to start dominating games. 

Devils aren’t a team capable of dominating opponents.  Right now I’ll just take two points no matter how ragged the efforts to get them.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I really hope some of you guys go and re-read your comments after games like this.

Really puts things in context when the guys on the ice never give up and win while fans sitting home "gave up", then go silent when the team win. Really shows who the real losers are 

I can’t believe you can hear us from all the way up there on your high horse. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Devils aren’t a team capable of dominating opponents.  Right now I’ll just take two points no matter how ragged the efforts to get them.

Yeah, 2 points any way we can get them is fine, especially against one of the better teams in the league with arguably the two best players in the league.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

it has been 0 days since SD told the fanbase how to act. 

lol there's a difference between telling people how to act and giving your opinion about how people act. It's actually a pretty obvious difference, not really sure why you're struggling to grasp that.

Especially since you're doing it too constantly lol

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Exactly!

All the great quotes about loving the team with fade to cliff diving in a heartbeat with the next two game losing streak. They beat a good team, Jack was great, we played against a sh!tty goalie and in the end took advantage of it. They're not as bad as they're made out to be when they get curb stomped and they're not as good when they beat a good team.  They're still a team with some glaring holes and now a goalie who is proving he maybe shifting from a given piece to a question mark which would be a big set back. Today Jack and Hamilton and a couple of others were enough to get it done and cover the holes.

Nass continues to be a HC who's winning % is over .500. Go Nass.

• Like 1

Jack didn’t just take the big shot, he took it through the best player in the league, in OT. That’s the kind of sh!t he needs to be doing. His rookie year and last year he would have been looking to pass that. 

I never really enjoy a slugfest game, too much back and forth, but it’s good to come out on the right side. 

1-0 without Ruff on the bench. 

5 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Nass continues to be a HC who's winning % is over .500. Go Nass.

Maybe he’s too busy to fvck up the defense when serving as head coach. 

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

which weirdo ever said jack would be a bust? we all thought he had a lot more potential and i thought that was the end of the story.

I think the name was

dodgeball.gif.2c454f94f6fdeaac92282bbf9d260d49.gif

One of the three anyway. Think it was the last one. 

• Haha 4
  • Shocking 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Especially when it comes with your 'face of the franchise' having his second straight dominant game and showing signs of going to the next level as a player.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I think the name was

dodgeball.gif.2c454f94f6fdeaac92282bbf9d260d49.gif

One of the three anyway. Think it was the last one. 

He’s been awful quiet the last couple games…

Anyway, I just absolutely fvcking love watching Jack Hughes play hockey. Most electrifying player we’ve had since Kovy (yes even more than MVP Hall). 

on a less bright note - Blackwood blows. I’m getting pretty tired of the excuses. Hamilton, Graves, and Siegenthaler are a “real NHL defense.” Now, Ty has been brutal, and Subban and Severson are obviously up and down, but Blackwood is just not a good puck stopper at this point. Hasn’t been since early last season. His rebound control is beyond awful, and it’s pretty much a guarantee he’s going to give up 4-5 goals a game anymore. .897 save % is not a starting goalie. 

If we got even league average goaltending (and power play) we’re right there on the bubble for a playoff spot. He needs to get it together soon or Fitz has a rather large and unexpected problem to deal with along with everything else. 

3 hours ago, pumpkin cutter said:

Haven’t thought about Screeching Weasel in forever. Big time nostalgia. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Are we not on the bubble? After the game today, Matt & Chico said we’re 4 points out of a playoff spot. 

I guess technically, but there’s several teams ahead of them fighting for that WC2 spot. And teams like Boston and Columbus have played a bunch less games (6 for Boston,  3 for CBJ). 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I guess technically, but there’s several teams ahead of them fighting for that WC2 spot. And teams like Boston and Columbus have played a bunch less games (6 for Boston,  3 for CBJ). 

Yeah, this. 

I got my hopes up the other day and the. Saw how many games other teams in the hunt had in hand. There is still a long way to go. But I don't have much hope that we will win the required games to overtake. 

Sadly I am already eyeing up the draft already and my hope for each game is for the key players on the team to pick up points and win as many as possible to get confidence up. 

12 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Anyway, I just absolutely fvcking love watching Jack Hughes play hockey. Most electrifying player we’ve had since Kovy (yes even more than MVP Hall). 

on a less bright note - Blackwood blows. I’m getting pretty tired of the excuses. Hamilton, Graves, and Siegenthaler are a “real NHL defense.” Now, Ty has been brutal, and Subban and Severson are obviously up and down, but Blackwood is just not a good puck stopper at this point. Hasn’t been since early last season. His rebound control is beyond awful, and it’s pretty much a guarantee he’s going to give up 4-5 goals a game anymore. .897 save % is not a starting goalie. 

If we got even league average goaltending (and power play) we’re right there on the bubble for a playoff spot. He needs to get it together soon or Fitz has a rather large and unexpected problem to deal with along with everything else. 

Mac has an .874 save% in his last 10 GP, and a .900 save% since the start of last season (53 GP).  And yeah, bad rebounds galore.  The Devils may indeed somehow get average goaltending eventually, but I no longer believe Blackwood will be a part of that equation.  At best I think he’ll be up-and-down.

And yeah, Jack’s got the goods…he’s shown more than enough flashes, and all of a sudden is almost at a PPG pace this season…and as I mentioned before, 28 points in his last 35 NHL games…he’s showing signs of being that “stubbornly gets his points guy no matter what the rest of his team is doing”, which is encouraging as hell.  Just hope he (and Hamilton, among others) doesn’t get wasted here. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Yeah, this. 

I got my hopes up the other day and the. Saw how many games other teams in the hunt had in hand. There is still a long way to go. But I don't have much hope that we will win the required games to overtake. 

Sadly I am already eyeing up the draft already and my hope for each game is for the key players on the team to pick up points and win as many as possible to get confidence up. 

The problem is that they really need to go on one of those extended years to fully get back in it…say, go 11-2-2 in their next 15, something like that.  Based on what I saw these last two games, can’t see how they pull that off.  But doesn’t mean I won’t be rooting for miracles.

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The problem is that they really need to go on one of those extended years to fully get back in it…say, go 11-2-2 in their next 15, something like that.  Based on what I saw these last two games, can’t see how they pull that off.  But doesn’t mean I won’t be rooting for miracles.

2.6% of making the playoffs as of last night.

13 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I don’t think you can pin all of those goals on your goalie when your defense can’t stop anyone. Call them a “real NHL defense” all you like, they’re still constantly out of position, allowing breakaways and odd man rushes, and still allowing that one guy standing alone in the slot to score every single time. At least 3 of the 5 yesterday, he was totally hung out to dry. 

Blackwood needs to tighten up, especially with the rebound control, but to look at goals allowed and put it all on the goalie makes no sense. 

Just from yesterday’s game:

Goal 1: Best player in hockey left undefended in the slot, easy goal. 

Goal 2: Dougie Hamilton does nothing to defend Koekkoek in front, easy deflection that was unstoppable. 

Goal 3: 100 foot pass through the entire team to send McDavid in on a breakaway. 

Goal 4: On Blackwood. 

Goal 5: Weird play where we touched the puck twice on a delayed penalty, Hamilton’s diving attempt fails to clear, Oilers pass it directly through Jack Hughes like he wasn’t there, easy tap in. 

Edited by mfitz804

13 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Mac also still has heel issues that’ll last for the season, from what he said to Steve or Kenny, I can’t remember. Let me find the tweet.

edit: found the tweet

https://twitter.com/alexc_thw/status/1476383108018679808?s=21

Edited by Devs3cups