GDT: Devils @ Washington 3:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

Just now, devlman said:

Where was Ty Smith going on that last chance by Washington? He scares the sh!t out of me.  Rest of the team looks great

Yeah. If it wasn't for the awful D we would be tons better. A good chunk of the goals by the Oilers we're because the defenders forgot to cover their man. Happened at least with goals from McDavid and Yamamoto

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Where was Ty Smith going on that last chance by Washington? He scares the sh!t out of me.  Rest of the team looks great

Smith is out to lunch. His IQ is such a big part of his game, without it he is just completely lost out there. He looks worse right now than Butcher ever did.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, devlman said:

I will say, having not known before the break that a lot of players were dealing with different ailments.. this looks like a different team post break. It gives me some type of renewed faith lately, hopefully they have some magic up their sleeves to rack up a streak of points. 

1 minute ago, Aitchmack said:

Has Hamilton picked up an injury? I haven't seen him on the ice for a while.

Just said he hasn’t been on the ice in a bit… just wonderful

Not watching at the moment but just watched the Carlson goal, that was not stoppable. You give an elite shooting defenseman a wide open shot and he hits the corner like that, it’s going in. The idea is to not allow him to be 100% wide open and unmolested, which our defense continues to be incapable of. 

Hopefully they don't play their normal lame 2nd period. Zacha has been pretty invisible the last two or three games and he really needs to step up.

The Devils certainly didn't seem to have trouble creating chances in the first period, which was better than I expected against the Caps.

28 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

EHow was that on Blackwood?  It was basically a 2 on 1 down low, with nifty drop pass to an open man who went top shelf.  

25 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I know he's the new scapegoat and it feels good to pile up.

But this was a perfect shot, top corner over the shoulder, certainly not a weak goal. 

Yea yea i know, im just aggravated with the guy as of late so i guess any excuse to throw dirt on him. 

• Like 1

Does that Blackwood save a few minutes ago make up for the “soft” goal? 

Seriously though, the team is looking a lot better recently. Great to see Nico and Sharangovich scoring in consecutive games. Hopefully Zacha joins them soon, he’s fallen off recently but he’s a streaky one. 

• Like 1