Dougie Broken Jaw. Nico Hurt Foot. Zacha and Govy-COVID

mfitz804

God-fvcking-DAMMIT.

Sucks because this is what's happened damned near every season with Nico (except his rookie year)...looks like he's getting it going and improving (17 points in his last 20 GP), then some unlucky injury, then missed time, then quite a few games to find his groove again.  Seems like he's just destined to be one of those guys who gets banged up and misses games, and it blows, because I would just fvcking LOVE to see this guy play a full season in his prime and not miss a batch of games.  He's such an easy player to root for.

Would be nice if one of these Utica guys could come up here and actually pitch in with some good ol' fashioned points.  Because it seems like it's nothing but zeroes whenever they're called up to fill in (check the numbers).  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

God-fvcking-DAMMIT.

Sucks because this is what's happened damned near every season with Nico (except his rookie year)...looks like he's getting it going and improving (17 points in his last 20 GP), then some unlucky injury, then missed time, then quite a few games to find his groove again.  Seems like he's just destined to be one of those guys who gets banged up and misses games, and it blows, because I would just fvcking LOVE to see this guy play a full season in his prime and not miss a batch of games.  He's such an easy player to root for.

Would be nice if one of these Utica guys could come up here and actually pitch in with some good ol' fashioned points.  Because it seems like it's nothing but zeroes whenever they're called up to fill in (check the numbers).  

At least so far they have all been injuries that if you recover from them there should be no lasting damage. 

26 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

It's very fvcking unfortunate that this year isn't next years group of prospects. Then i'd be very excited

All I really know about both drafts is Bedard is supposed to be better than Wright and there’s another Jack Hughes in this years draft.

Look at Chico having the right information at the right time. 

I only was listening on the radio for a few minutes while picking my daughter up from dance class. As much as we say we were spoiled by having Doc Emrick all of those years, Chico was, and still is, really really good at what he does. Sure, he’s a homer, I expect that of my color guy honestly, but his analysis of the game is always spot on. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, MB3 said:

horseshoes and hand granades, my man. 

That was the 8 seed that the Devils are chasing. They're now 5 points behind them and the Bruins have FIVE games in hand. When you're on the out-out-outside looking in, no such thing as moral victories.

Playoffs?  Lol. Which decade are we referring to?  So fvcking far from ever competing for a playoff spot unless they can get some fvcking depth.  Joke of a franchise is what they’ve become.  Hope ownersh!t (not misspelled) is reading this.

0F1024B2-13BC-409A-8C9E-5D287E667FF6.jpeg

14 minutes ago, MB3 said:

That was the 8 seed that the Devils are chasing. They're now 5 points behind them and the Bruins have FIVE games in hand. When you're on the out-out-outside looking in, no such thing as moral victories.

I mean I’m not expecting us to make the playoffs, but last night was a winnable game that we lost on soft goals. That can’t happen. 

Some folks are acting like this has been happing all year, which isn’t true. But last night was a really bad night for Mack, especially following the bad gaffe the game before. Everyone misplays pucks, it’s part of hockey. PK did it a thousand times last night, Jack had two really bad giveaways on the last two games, it happens. But when it happens to a goalie its really bad. 

He needs to get his head straight, I would have Schmid in net next game. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

yes I'm sure this post on NJDevs will start a revolution.

I'm not saying the team is headed for the playoffs. I'm saying there are no moral victories, and there damned well shouldn't be. 

At this point I would consider a game where we don't have two people injured by pucks to the face a moral victory. 

2 hours ago, MB3 said:

I understand your point, it didn't come as a surprise to me. I realize that the Devils are a losing team and won't make the playoffs again in a league that almost 50% of the teams make them and they probably will miss again next season. So that being the case without moral victories why bother to even watch this team. There are so many other talented teams to follow that will continue onto the playoffs. 

I chose to watch them if for only moral victories, they played well in a difficult situation. Let's give then credit for that. 

Just now, Brewskies said:

I understand your point, it didn't come as a surprise to me. I realize that the Devils are a losing team and won't make the playoffs again in a league that almost 50% of the teams make them and they probably will miss again next season. So that being the case without moral victories why bother to even watch this team. There are so many other talented teams to follow that will continue onto the playoffs. 

I chose to watch them if for only moral victories, they played well in a difficult situation. Let's give then credit for that. 

If your name isn’t Jack or occasionally Dawson, you don’t get much credit for anything on this board. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

yes we should all be more like you, who gives credit to everyone and loves everyone and definitely doesn’t make memes about how terrible they are and definitely definitely doesn’t call 18-and-19 year olds “busts” when they have a rough stretch.

You live in your own world. Show me any instance where I called an 18-19 year old a bust where it wasn’t sarcasm.