GDT: Devils vs Blue Jackets 1/6/22 7pm MSG+

NJDfan1711

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

Domi’s kid would’ve been a good candidate. 

I don't think I've ever seen an angrier human being than the time Scott Stevens wanted to destroy his father while trapped in the penalty box. I've watched that clip so many times... Also Harry Neal is an a$$hole homer in the audio 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Jack Hughes has more points in his last 5 games than Kakko has this season.

lmao

More than Laf, too. Rags fans will try and make excuses about lack of ice time, but if he was better wouldn’t they play him more?

All I know is I think the “we got the two worst #1’s” talk is not going to last much longer. Jack Hughes is going to be a superstar in the very near future. Now, is Nico always likely going to be on the lower end of #1’s? Probably. But he’s a really good player, that like you said - does a lot that doesn’t show up on the scoresheet. And I have no doubt whatsoever about what we have in Jack. 

• Like 2

Just now, MB3 said:

Jack-Nico-Mercer down the middle. 

If Luke is anything like his brother, and if we can hit on a few more drafts to fill out the rest of this roster, that’s a fvcking unbelievable core.

I keep forgetting we have Luke and.im excited at the idea of how could he "should" or "can" be, but at the same time I don't wanna hype him up too much to the point where I may.be disappointed.  But you're right, he he hits, that's a nice core we have. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Jack-Nico-Mercer down the middle. 

If Luke is anything like his brother, and if we can hit on a few more drafts to fill out the rest of this roster, that’s a fvcking unbelievable core.

Don’t forget Dougie. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

both hughes brother (and the dad) say Luke is the best of the three. If he’s even remotely comparable to Jack he’s our #1 defenseman for the next 12 years.

I’ve never heard or seen that specifically, but I’ve seen their dad has stated he thinks Luke is better than Quinn was at that age. 

5 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

What's this weird "make a wish" project that the team has going to get Michael McLeod goals? 

I want Nico getting his goal at the end for a hard working display , not bumping McLeods stat line. 

Yeah, I understood Jack doing it to give McLeod his first of the year, but I thought Nico should have just shot that one last night. 

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Yeah, I understood Jack doing it to give McLeod his first of the year, but I thought Nico should have just shot that one last night. 

Yeah, no was totally fine with that. Especially since he scored.

I mean maybe last night was showing some appreciation to Mikey. Nico is a team first guy, that's why he is the Captain. But one of the things Nico needs to do is be more ruthless. 

Bratt has now scored 25 G and added 53 A for 78 points in his last 100 NHL games.  That’s pretty damned good…and it looks like he’s becoming a lot more consistent.  I lost my sh!t about him after that brutal Calgary game, called him a bad-team player, etc.  I never mind it when I’m proven wrong about a negative take.

Well done Jesper!  VERY well done.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Bratt has now scored 25 G and added 53 A for 78 points in his last 100 NHL games.  That’s pretty damned good…and it looks like he’s becoming a lot more consistent.  I lost my sh!t about him after that brutal Calgary game, called him a bad-team player, etc.  I never mind it when I’m proven wrong about a negative take.

Mfitz touched on it during the game, but he’s really the only player on the team than can keep up with Jack (other than maybe Wood).

Knowing Ruff he’ll break that line up any day now though…

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I was ready to give up on him after his start to the season but he seems to have really found his game. Long may it continue. 

The good thing is he seems to have been able to get points with whoever he has played with , which would suggest he is the catalyst or at least making things happen on his own. Devils need more players like that. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I was ready to give up on him after his start to the season but he seems to have really found his game. Long may it continue. 

The good thing is he seems to have been able to get points with whoever he has played with , which would suggest he is the catalyst or at least making things happen on his own. Devils need more players like that. 

Re:  the bolded, for the most part, yeah.  And 100 games is a pretty good sample size...there will be slumps here and there, but based on what we're seeing, I really feel like the next 100 GP should be as least as productive or better.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He looks incredible this year, if he manages to stay relatively consistent for the rest of the year it'll be huge for the team.

Also, gonna get himself a nice paycheck.

6 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

He looks incredible this year, if he manages to stay relatively consistent for the rest of the year it'll be huge for the team.

Also, gonna get himself a nice paycheck.

And that's why it's going to be key very soon that guys like Holtz come up and become cost-effective producers.  If Bratt finishes the season with 70+ points, how is he not getting at least $6 million per season, for 4+ years?

Nothing against the Utica crowd, but it would be nice if they'd stop instantly going pointless upon coming up to play with the big club (not including Holtz in that category...I don't think he's ready yet, and he's still very young).  It's great (I guess) that the gaggle of 22-23 year olds who've been in the AHL have figured out how to fatten up down there, but would be nice to see SOMETHING from them up here.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And that's why it's going to be key very soon that guys like Holtz come up and become cost-effective producers.  If Bratt finishes the season with 70+ points, how is he not getting at least $6 million per season, for 4+ years?

Nothing against the Utica crowd, but it would be nice if they'd stop instantly going pointless upon coming up to play with the big club (not including Holtz in that category...I don't think he's ready yet, and he's still very young).  It's great (I guess) that the gaggle of 22-23 year olds who've been in the AHL have figured out how to fatten up down there, but would be nice to see SOMETHING from them up here.  

You are forgetting about the New Jersey Bermuda Triangle where offense disappears. Only recently have a few players begun to escape it. 

And poor Holtz. I know he’s not ready yet, but he gets one game with Geertsen and Boqvist and then gets sent back down? Jeez. 

Edited by Devil Dan 56

10 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

You are forgetting about the New Jersey Bermuda Triangle where offense disappears. Only recently have a few players begun to escape it. 

And poor Holtz. I know he’s not ready yet, but he gets one game with Geertsen and Boqvist and then gets sent back down? Jeez. 

Yeah I know there’s been circumstances but Holtz only having 11 games in the AHL to this point is not ideal.  Kid needs to develop.  And yeah, a game with Nopeqvist and Kid Ray as linemates probably doesn’t help much. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

This is easily one of your better (and more accurate) references of all time. 

Sadly it’s just obscure enough that most won’t get it, but seriously, could there be any stronger of a resemblance?!  As soon I saw him, right away I thought “Holy fvck, Kid Ray, even has the same mullet!”