GDT - Saturday- Devils @ Blue Jackets 1/8/22 7:00pm MSG+

NJDfan1711

Just now, mfitz804 said:

It has been abysmal tonight. Blackwood should be pIssed about how much he’s been hung out to dry, it should be like 8-3. 

Yep.  He lets in his fair share of softies, but 75-80% of the time the guys in front of him lack even the most basic of defensive skills.  

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Yep.  He lets in his fair share of softies, but 75-80% of the time the guys in front of him lack even the most basic of defensive skills.  

It’s that plus lack of coaching. They are out of position all the time, there is a free skater in the slot all the time. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s that plus lack of coaching. They are out of position all the time, there is a free skater in the slot all the time. 

Yeah I look forward to the days when this team has a real coaching staff.  

Can we just let Hischier take off the rest of the year and get through whatever is bothering him? I swear every time they do a zoom on his face his wincing in pain from something.

1 minute ago, Jerrydevil said:

What a shift by Hughes. So close.

He’s been everywhere for much of the game.  Just didn’t get rewarded.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SeanMac16 said:

Can we just let Hischier take off the rest of the year and get through whatever is bothering him? I swear every time they do a zoom on his face his wincing in pain from something.

He's always wincing because he's captaining a team with no defense and no goaltending

• Like 1

He’s been like that since the day he entered the league. That’s just his face. 

• Like 1

I've noticed that too, but not just this season - his whole career.  I think it's just his personality - he grimmaces when he misses the net or flubs the puck, not just when he gets hit.