GDT: COYOTES @ DEVILS 1/19/22 7pm MSG+

eaglejelly

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

“ITs nOT tHE GOaLtENdINg!!!”

I really don't want to keep going, but I just hate to point out that this is dumb logic.  You can't defend or prove what hasn't happened.  If the Coyotes get 35 more shots in the 3rd period there's no saying that Blackwood doesn't stop all of them.  When was the last time we held anyone to under 15 shots in a game?  I'd venture to guess that we allow on average somewhere between 30-35 shots a game, typically. 

This is an extreme anomaly taking place right now, and yes, Blackwood's save percentage is horrible tonight, and it also hasn't been good most of the year, but this screenshot and some of the points you're trying to make are taken horribly out of context and ignoring other pieces of the puzzle.  

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Of all of the rock bottoms we’ve experienced in recent seasons…this feels like the rock-bottomest.  I’m just so pissed.  Especially since I know not one goddamn thing will change.

Gotta admit, if the Devils pull off a big-time comeback, this post won’t age that well…but I’ve just fvcking had it.  

You’re not alone….

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

You’re not alone….

Add me to this list.  I'm just pissed and frustrated at the entire team (and staff).  For pretty much everything.  

Just now, devlman said:

Zacha has 11 minutes of ice time and not one shot in a game where we already have close to 30. He’s the most invisible player you can ever not find.

You think he's just going through the motions?  I feel like he's disengaged.  Wonder what his relationship is with his teammates lately - you don't hear about him much from the other guys.

1 minute ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Add me to this list.  I'm just pissed and frustrated at the entire team (and staff).  For pretty much everything.  

You think he's just going through the motions?  I feel like he's disengaged.  Wonder what his relationship is with his teammates lately - you don't hear about him much from the other guys.

I don’t think he’s going through any motion. Literally. He’s the laziest ‘established’ player this club has ever had that I can recall.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

“BuT nAs HaD tHeM wInNiNg WiThOuT lInDaY” - Fitz, when he fires Ruff for nASS take 2, probably

He’ll end up becoming Shero 2.0 (fired for being overly loyal and patient). If you don’t lean from history that’s your own fault. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, devlman said:

Until this team purges itself of its ‘loser core’, ie the players who have helped this team stink for many many years (Zacha, Severson, Blackwood, McLeod), the new core won’t be able to flourish.

They aren’t movable is the problem. Well

blackwood maybe. 

3 minutes ago, Fansinz88 said:

blackwood maybe. 

Severson still has an unearned reputation around the league as being a top 4 guy. Right handed shot. Id take whatever I could get for him while I still could.

Just now, devlman said:

Severson still has an unearned reputation around the league as being a top 4 guy. Right handed shot. Id take whatever I could get for him while I still could.

It would be a low level draft pick and some low level prospect . That most likely won’t turn out to be bratt. 

4 minutes ago, Fansinz88 said:

blackwood maybe. 

Not true.  Not that you’re going to fleece anyone, but all of those players would garner some level of interest.

13 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I want them replaced, too. New coaching staff, and an actual NHL caliber goalie. Get it done, Tom. 

Tom only seems to show a pulse during the offseason and as a seller at the trading deadline.