Jump to content

GDT: COYOTES @ DEVILS 1/19/22 7pm MSG+


eaglejelly
 Share

Recommended Posts

Given the way the team is playing I'd likely be beyond the point where I continue to care about the season, but because they hadn't played as much I wasn't there yet. Last night def pushed me over the line. I am ready for the off-season/draft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, MB3 said:

What if the panthers offered you Spencer Knight straight up for Jesper Bratt and Damon Severson at the deadline? They get a really good bottom pairing defenseman, a young stud forward and still roll with Bob in the playoffs?

In a second 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Jesper Bratt is our leading scorer, and the only good winger we have. I’m not trading him for an unproven young goalie. 

I was never in favor of moving Bratt, but definitely not now. If Holtz turns into something, a Holtz-Hughes-Bratt line sounds pretty cool. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Jesper Bratt is our leading scorer, and the only good winger we have. I’m not trading him for an unproven young goalie. 

I understand the whole “unproven” thing, but this is a 20-year old kid who’s one of the highest rated goaltending prospects of the past 25 years. 

Him NOT turning into a perennial Vezina candidate would be shocking.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I understand the whole “unproven” thing, but this is a 20-year old kid who’s one of the highest rated goaltending prospects of the past 25 years. 

Him NOT turning into a perennial Vezina candidate would be shocking.

I mean, before Knight and Askarov - Carter Hart was supposed to be the next big thing…

goalies are just so hard to predict. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I understand the whole “unproven” thing, but this is a 20-year old kid who’s one of the highest rated goaltending prospects of the past 25 years. 

Him NOT turning into a perennial Vezina candidate would be shocking.

Based on what exactly? Goalies are SO unpredictable. 

Didn't you see Askarov who was the top rated goalie since Price... sh!tting the bed in juniors, twice now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I mean, before Knight and Askarov - Carter Hart was supposed to be the next big thing…

goalies are just so hard to predict. 

carter hart was taken in the second round. 

askarov is 19. if you guys are giving up on him that quickly, yikes.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

carter hart was taken in the second round. 

askarov is 19. if you guys are giving up on him that quickly, yikes.

carter was still "one of the highest rated goalie" before he made the nhl, which is the term you brought up. doesn't matter where he was picked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

34 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

carter was still "one of the highest rated goalie" before he made the nhl, which is the term you brought up. doesn't matter where he was picked.

of fvcking course it matters. carter hart was a top goalie prospect in his year. spencer knight was taken 30 picks earlier. 

that’s not remotely the same level of prospect, regardless of what revisionist history bullsh!t you want to try to use.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If we will trade Bratt it will be stupid. Even for Spencer Knight. 

Bratt is the second best player of this team. And I love how Nico play, I love his two way game. But other than Jack and Bratt we dont have anyone who can drive the play. Absolutely no one. Holtz will never be that kind of driver, may be Mercer will, but we don`t know that for now. 

 

And I dont think Florida will trade Spencer for now. Especially for a player, who will ask 6+ mil. They will sign Huberdau this summer and dont have much under the cap.
 

Quote

I'd go for the expensive option here. Tortorella as head coach. :D

This is not as crazy idea as we might think. Tortorella is a  scapegoat coach. If he will agree - you can hire him and no one will be surprised, if you will fire him after. I`m not tellin i wanna hire him, but i`m not totally against it.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Guadana said:

If we will trade Bratt it will be stupid. Even for Spencer Knight. 

Bratt is the second best player of this team. And I love how Nico play, I love his two way game. But other than Jack and Bratt we dont have anyone who can drive the play. Absolutely no one. Holtz will never be that kind of driver, may be Mercer will, but we don`t know that for now. 

 

And I dont think Florida will trade Spencer for now. Especially for a player, who will ask 6+ mil. They will sign Huberdau this summer and dont have much under the cap.
 

This is not as crazy idea as we might think. Tortorella is a  scapegoat coach. If he will agree - you can hire him and no one will be surprised, if you will fire him after. I`m not tellin i wanna hire him, but i`m not totally against it.

It's just fans spitballing...I don't think any of us really believe that Knight would be available...like I've pointed out, given Bob's age, Knight could very well be in perfect position to split time and possibly be the 1A in a 1A/1B tandem in 3 years, while still in his early 20s...the Panthers have set themselves up tremendously well for the future, and even though Knight's playing with the big club, the Panthers don't have to rush him, as far as asking too much of a 20-year-old.  Barring an insane offer, Florida has absolutely no reason to deal him.

The only thing I wonder about re:  the Panthers' handling of Knight to date is should he getting more playing time in the AHL?  He's only started 12 games to date (appeared in relief in 3 other games).    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It's just fans spitballing...I don't think any of us really believe that Knight would be available...like I've pointed out, given Bob's age, Knight could very well be in perfect position to split time and possibly be the 1A in a 1A/1B tandem in 3 years, while still in his early 20s...the Panthers have set themselves up tremendously well for the future, and even though Knight's playing with the big club, the Panthers don't have to rush him, as far as asking too much of a 20-year-old.  Barring an insane offer, Florida has absolutely no reason to deal him.

The only thing I wonder about re:  the Panthers' handling of Knight to date is should he getting more playing time in the AHL?  He's only started 12 games to date (appeared in relief in 3 other games).    

Highly unlikely Florida would part with him to begin with. But you have to give to get and the only player I think Florida would consider trading knight for would be bratt. Unfortunately. But won’t happen. We need goaltending though. In a bad way. Clearly. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not sure giving up Bratt for a goalie makes sense unless it's been made aware to the Devils that Bratt is seeking a 7MM+ deal or something that the Devils would not be interested in.

The wingers on this team suck.  We have maybe 2 legit top-6 wingers at this point.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Not sure giving up Bratt for a goalie makes sense unless it's been made aware to the Devils that Bratt is seeking a 7MM+ deal or something that the Devils would not be interested in.

The wingers on this team suck.  We have maybe 2 legit top-6 wingers at this point.

We have only one. Zacha isn`t NHL winger when he can`t score. He doesnt try to force position, he isnt good in forecheck and lose boards battles(that is funny for a guy of his size), he cant to play against in neutral zone and on the blue lines. He has great hands but he needs open ice to use it, why he was so good in PP,  4 on 4, 3 on 3. Ofcourse we need in pp specialist, but now he is off and it doesnt work. Nico did make better play with Bastian and Vesey, 4th liners. But they did dirty work and that makes Nico job much easier and makes a lot of spaves for him. I`m not sain we must use Bastian and Vesey as top-6 wingers. I`m sain we must find wingers who can do a lot of work.
Yegor isn`t consistent. He had a long year, but for now he isn`t consistent. I can`t be sure he will be our top-6 player. 
And what we have? Only Bratt. 
Tatar? Meh. Hope everybody understand now why clubs with ambitions didn`t use him as top-6 regular player in play-off games. I`m not against him, he is ok for his role for the next two years, but he isn`t leading player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Crazy part about Tatar is that's only three points off his career average pace right now.

So this is... this is kinda what you get from the guy.

Tatar put up a rate of 66 pts per 82 GP in 2018-19 and 2019-20...I get the feeling Fitz thought he might be able to regain that form, especially with Nico or Jack centering him.  Clearly hasn't happened...he's quickly become one of those guys you just don't expect much from.  Reminds me a bit of Michael Ryder, though a little less meh.

At any rate, he's a movable stopgap...Fitz can deal him off pretty easily this offseason...only one year left, and his money is not insane by any stretch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.