Draft 2022 - Lottery - Devils get second pick!

Guadana

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Yep, I absolutely do. I’ve hit that point where I’m tired of relying on hopes and dreams and let’s see if this pick pans out.

At least this should be more of a “he’ll get here soon” player

I’d rather just trade the pick. We should be able to get a nice haul for the #2 overall.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I could see Fitz going with Cooley

he will not.

I know it`s a new annoing. whining mainstream to cry about Fitz, I`m not a fan of his draft strategy, but he has clear vision and he talk about it MUCH. 
If you think he will pick Cooley, you are clearly don`t understand what he did say.

Or may be I don`t understand something, but I really trust to myself. Yeah. Arrogant #sshole. But with a good story.

13 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Oh who the fvck cares. You guys pick the weirdest sh!t to get upset about sometimes. We moved up. There is no negative to that. 

Absolutely. We already sucked, getting the #2 doesn’t make us suck any more. It might make us suck less. 

3 minutes ago, Guadana said:

he will not.

I know it`s a new annoing. whining mainstream to cry about Fitz, I`m not a fan of his draft strategy, but he has clear vision and he talk about it MUCH. 
If you think he will pick Cooley, you are clearly don`t understand what he did say.

Or may be I don`t understand something, but I really trust to myself. Yeah. Arrogant #sshole. But with a good story.

Oh I give him credit that he knows what he's doing in the draft, early. Mercer was a "wait what" but then panned out very well. 2Pac Shakir just came over, Holtz has promise (aside from his speed, but that CAN develop).

For me, I'm pessimistic currently as a lingering effect of the lack of action we've beaten to death.

I'll come around, this team always makes me.

13 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Background: Slafkovsky was a regular player for TPS this season. He was named MVP of the Olympics where he played a huge role in Slovakia earning a bronze medal. He played a notable role on Slovakia’s U20 team which outshot Sweden 2:1 in a world junior game. He played for Slovakia’s national team in the Olympic qualifiers, and in the World Championships as a U17 player. He was a top player for the Slovakian U20 team as a 16-year-old and a top player for a top Finland junior team in 2021.

Analysis: Slafkovsky has all the assets you’re looking for in a top NHL forward. He’s a 6-foot-4 winger who can beat opponents with speed and skill. He can use finesse to put pucks through opponents, or power and quickness to get around defenders. Slafkovsky can set up and finish plays well. Physically, he won’t run over guys but his compete is good enough. He projects as a top-line winger with the potential to be a star in the league.

*heavy breathing*. Tell me that guy doesn't belong on Jack Hughes' wing.

Slafkovsky is a good pick, man. He is a rare player. Power forward with good hockey iq. May be he will not score 40 goals, but he will be absolutely great hockey player. Especially with Nico and Jack. 

The thing is what Montreal think about Slafkovsky. And what Fitz thinks about Wright in vacuum and what he thinks about Arizona`s need in potential first line center.

Slafkovsky-Hughes-Holtz could be a deadly line.

That could leave Bratt-Hischier-Mercer as the second line.

If they go Jiricek, 

L. Hughes-Jiricek

is almost equally exciting

A lot of things to like about Slafkovsky, but to point out a few:

He skates very well for his size, not just his top speed, but he's so fluid and agile. His puck control and stickhandling is really excellent. High hockey IQ and strong physical presence, which both go without saying to anyone who has watched him to any extent. Perhaps one of the more encouraging aspects of his game is how he has improved his shot considerably, which was a weakness for him earlier this season. Then he went and scored 7 goals at the Olympics.

Whether it's Slafkovsky, Jiricek, or Nemec, I'll be happy because I didn't feel like the Devils had a great chance at any of those 3.

2 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Slafkovsky is a good pick, man. He is a rare player. Power forward with good hockey iq. May be he will not score 40 goals, but he will be absolutely great hockey player. Especially with Nico and Jack. 

The thing is what Montreal think about Slafkovsky. And what Fitz thinks about Wright in vacuum and what he thinks about Arizona`s need in potential first line center.

An interesting scenario would be if Montreal picks Slaf - good opportunity to move down a pick or two by trading with a team desperate for a center (Arizona at 3, Seattle at 4) and guarantee Jiricek or Slafkovsky, while picking up another asset in the process. I think it's highly unlikely Montreal passes on Wright though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nessus said:

Slafkovsky-Hughes-Holtz could be a deadly line.

That could leave Bratt-Hischier-Mercer as the second line.

If they go Jiricek, 

L. Hughes-Jiricek

is almost equally exciting

He skates very well for his size, not just his top speed, but he's so fluid and agile. His puck control and stickhandling is really excellent. High hockey IQ and strong physical presence, which both go without saying to anyone who has watched him to any extent. Perhaps one of the more encouraging aspects of his game is how he has improved his shot considerably, which was a weakness for him earlier this season. Then he went and scored 7 goals at the Olympics.

Whether it's Slafkovsky, Jiricek, or Nemec, I'll be happy because I didn't feel like the Devils had a great chance at any of those 3.

An interesting scenario would be if Montreal picks Slaf - good opportunity to move down a pick or two by trading with a team desperate for a center (Arizona at 3, Seattle at 4) and guarantee Jiricek or Slafkovsky, while picking up another asset in the process. I think it's highly unlikely Montreal passes on Wright though.

If there's a team that crumble under the pressure of its own fans and make decisions according to them... it's MTL. And i can't imagine them going off the board and not pick Wright when the draft is actually in MTL.

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

If there's a team that crumble under the pressure of its own fans and make decisions according to them... it's MTL. And i can't imagine them going off the board and not pick Wright when the draft is actually in MTL.

I’m pretty confident they take Wright. 

6 minutes ago, nessus said:

So basically he could be what Zacha was supposed to be.

• Like 1