Draft 2022 - Lottery - Devils get second pick!

Guadana

2022 Prospects to watch at the World Championships:
David Jiricek (Czech Republic)
Simon Nemec (Slovakia)
Juraj Slafkovsky (Slovakia)

Every team plays 7 games prior to the Quarter finals

Games to watch:

Friday May 13
Slovakia (Nemec, Slafkovsky, Tatar) vs France - 9:20am

Saturday May 14
Czech Republic (Jiricek) vs Britain - 9:20am
Slovakia vs Germany - 1:20pm

Sunday May 15
Czech Republic vs Sweden - 1:20pm

Monday May 16
Slovakia vs Canada- 9:20am

Tuesday May 17
Czech Republic vs Austria - 9:20am

Wednesday May 18
Switzerland vs Slovakia - 1:20pm

Thursday May 19
Czech Republic vs Latvia - 1:20pm

Friday May 20
Slovakia vs Kazakhstan - 1:20pm

Saturday May 21
Slovakia vs Italy - 1:20pm
Czech Republic vs Norway - 1:20pm

Sunday May 22
none

Monday May 23
USA vs Czech Republic - 9:20am

Tuesday May 24
Slovakia vs Denmark - 9:20am
Czech Republic vs Finland - 1:20pm

Quarter-finals begin on Thursday May 26th

• Like 1

Two firsts and one second pick doesn't hurt penguins. Chicago doesn't cry about years of losing. Because talented players make them successful. They have other reasons to cry now)

Oilers would be disaster team like Devils if they didn't draft their talent, but bad management, bad coaching and lack of good goaltending hurts. Thus is a place where oilers and devils could cross. Without good goaltending and strong defense, even Mcdavid and Leon can't show maximum. 

Buffalo didn't develpe their prospects well. If we wanna analyze reasons, we should see difference between reasons and Consequences. 

Bad management of good assets doesn't help(ask oilers and hall, and a lot of teams who lose the trade of high pick in the recent years). Good goalie and right coach will help.

Future top winger/top defenseman will help too.

Edited by Guadana

Because i grew up a Devils fan because i was a goalie and Marty was my fav player, but Mario Lemieux was my favourite "skater". The Pens were sort of my 2nd favourite team (now i know this will get some fired up that it's impossible to have such thing as a second fav team bla bla bla bla but wtv) but through the mid 2000s... i stopped "caring" for Pittsburgh cause well Lemieux was gone anyway but also cause i hated feeling like i'D cheer for a team that simply got good by sucking as much as possible and getting all the top players at the right time.

I was proud of the Devils and the Red Wings for just being good by getting the right guys and developing them and kept "bragging" about that fact.

So fair to say i can't help but slightly feeling like a hypocrite at the moment lol

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Because i grew up a Devils fan because i was a goalie and Marty was my fav player, but Mario Lemieux was my favourite "skater". The Pens were sort of my 2nd favourite team (now i know this will get some fired up that it's impossible to have such thing as a second fav team bla bla bla bla but wtv) but through the mid 2000s... i stopped "caring" for Pittsburgh cause well Lemieux was gone anyway but also cause i hated feeling like i'D cheer for a team that simply got good by sucking as much as possible and getting all the top players at the right time.

I was proud of the Devils and the Red Wings for just being good by getting the right guys and developing them and kept "bragging" about that fact.

So fair to say i can't help but slightly feeling like a hypocrite at the moment lol

But didn’t the Devils suck into landing some of their core pieces in the first place? Niedermayer was a #3OA, and Shanahan was a #2OA - and he turned into Scott Stevens. 

Edited by Nicomo

25 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

But didn’t the Devils suck into landing some of their core pieces in the first place? Niedermayer was a #3OA, and Shanahan was a #2OA - and he turned into Scott Stevens. 

Yup, big time suckage lol. 

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

C’mon, ya know your history better than that, re:  the Nieds pick…Lou picked that one up when he traded Tom Kurvers for the Leafs’ 1991 first-rounder.  That pick actually looked like it might be #1OA for a while (which would have given them Lindros).  But the Devils got Nieds through the Leafs sucking, not the Devils sucking, heh heh.

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

C’mon, ya know your history better than that, re:  the Nieds pick…Lou picked that one up when he traded Tom Kurvers for the Leafs’ 1991 first-rounder.  That pick actually looked like it might be #1OA for a while (which would have given them Lindros).  But the Devils got Nieds through the Leafs sucking, not the Devils sucking, heh heh.

Ah ok. I actually don’t know the 80’s/90’s Devils history as well as a lot of you. I didn’t start following the team until 2000. I’m sure I’ve heard about that trade before though. I just straight up forgot all about it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Ah ok. I actually don’t know the 80’s/90’s Devils history as well as a lot of you. I didn’t start following the team until 2000. I’m sure I’ve heard about that trade before though. I just straight up forgot all about it. 

The funny thing about that deal was at the time I was sorry to see Kurvers go…he’d had a real solid year in 1988-89.  And he helped the Leafs in 1989-90.

What made that whole thing funnier is that the Leafs were terrified that the pick that they surrendered was going to be the top pick…they made a bunch of desperation deals just to win enough to make sure that they didn’t finish with the league’s worst record (no lottery back then).  And the Sharks were given the 2nd pick for joining the NHL…they selected Pat Falloon, who was pretty much the consensus #2 player in that draft (and more or less became a bust).  Had the Devils had the second pick, they may have taken him.  Everything worked out perfectly for them.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The funny thing about that deal was at the time I was sorry to see Kurvers go…he’d had a real solid year in 1988-89.  And he helped the Leafs in 1989-90.

What made that whole thing funnier is that the Leafs were terrified that the pick that they surrendered was going to be the top pick…they made a bunch of desperation deals just to win enough to make sure that they didn’t finish with the league’s worst record (no lottery back then).  And the Sharks were given the 2nd pick for joining the NHL…they selected Pat Falloon, who was pretty much the consensus #2 player in that draft (and more or less became a bust).  Had the Devils had the second pick, they may have taken him.  Everything worked out perfectly for them.  

Speaking of the 80's-90's Devils, was Pat Verbeek traded straight up for Sylvain Turgeon or did NJ get more in the deal? 

8 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Speaking of the 80's-90's Devils, was Pat Verbeek traded straight up for Sylvain Turgeon or did NJ get more in the deal? 

Straight up, and it was pretty bad.  Fortunately Lou quickly realized that the rumors about Turgeon being a lazy malingerer were 100% true, and managed to flip him just one season later for Claude Lemieux.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Of course, the Devils also drafted Kirk Muller 2nd overall, and later turned that into Stephane Richer, an integral piece in our later success

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I remember rooting hard for the Nordiques and against the Leafs in hopes that pick would be a number one and we’d draft Eric Lindros. 

Maybe if he and Stevens had been on the same team, he wouldn’t have gotten his eggs scrambled. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Yeah well I only started rooting for them when Marty joined and i was 8 years old i couldn't understand that stuff at that time lol

7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

What does it mean? Toronto trade for help, devils who were good team, still draft. And BAMS three Stanly Cups and Norris.

Thanks, CR, we will not trade high pick and will wait, because we have our own history lesson.

• 1 month later...

So chicago is asking a top 15 pick for Kirby Dach.. who was a 3rd overall 3 years ago and will be really good. That doesn't appear to be much.

While the cost for Debrincat is a young player, a top pick and a young prospect

Maybe we could convince them that Holtz may count as a "top pick", cause that's the part im hesitant to hand out. Then throw wtv we need.

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So chicago is asking a top 15 pick for Kirby Dach.. who was a 3rd overall 3 years ago and will be really good. That doesn't appear to be much.

While the cost for Debrincat is a young player, a top pick and a young prospect

Maybe we could convince them that Holtz may count as a "top pick", cause that's the part im hesitant to hand out. Then throw wtv we need.

I liked Dach when he was drafted but he definitely has not put up top 3 pick numbers. But he's only 21. 

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I liked Dach when he was drafted but he definitely has not put up top 3 pick numbers. But he's only 21. 

I’m not trading Holtz for Kirby Dach, F that. Holtz goes for DeBrincat or Tkachuk only.

Edited by MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m not trading Holtz for Kirby Dach, F that. Holtz goes for DeBrincat or Tkachuk only.

Agree, at least among the names being discussed. Like I would go Holtz + 1 OA for some other guys...

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I'm the only one who brought up Kirby Dach, not to trade for him (wouldnt make much sense) but just to report the asking price they are demanding. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Whole lot of "fvck that", sprinkled with a whole lot of "oh god no". 

Kirby Dach was a top pick. He might be a good player one day. He currently is not -- career high of 26 points, and will soon be owed his first bridge deal. He's a centerman, which the Devils flat out do not need. If the Devils had Dach and the Blackhawks had Holtz, that's the type of trade the Devils should try to make. The other way around makes positively no sense. 

Dude calm the fvck down.

Did i even say we should trade for him? No i didn't. I even clarified in the previous post. I just said that was the asking price they are asking. If they get it it's going to happen today.... at the draft... this is a discussion about the draft....

Edited by SterioDesign

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Whole lot of "fvck that", sprinkled with a whole lot of "oh god no". 

Kirby Dach was a top pick. He might be a good player one day. He currently is not -- career high of 26 points, and will soon be owed his first bridge deal. 

Kind of Zacha-esque if you think about it. 

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

I'm super calm lmao. You changed thoughts midway through your post which was confusing. It's all good baby. 

Almost makes me wanna see you buy another jersey. ❤️

didn't really change thoughts i was just stating facts or reports lol I said that chicago's asking price for Dach was a top 15 pick. That it was cheap. 

Then that the asking price for Debrincat was a top pick, top prospect and a young player... and that i wondering if we could convince them that the "top pick" part of that package could be holtz since he was a top pick.

I mean, i can kind of see how it's confusing but i also don't see how it suggest i'd want Dach