Jump to content

Draft 2022 - Lottery - Devils get second pick!


Guadana
 Share

Recommended Posts

 

 

 

I’m burning through a bunch of these, and the guy that compared him as a “more physical Mikko Rantanen” definitely caught my attention…

Need to watch some Nemec and Jiricek next. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Is there really a comparison there? One is a Slovenian two-way center, and the other is a Slovakian power winger. 

You say potato, I say potato…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

 

 

 

I’m burning through a bunch of these, and the guy that compared him as a “more physical Mikko Rantanen” definitely caught my attention…

Need to watch some Nemec and Jiricek next. 

I would like that, but let’s also say that those comparisons are almost never accurate. Who was Zacha supposed to be, Bergeron?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I would like that, but let’s also say that those comparisons are almost never accurate. Who was Zacha supposed to be, Bergeron?

Quote

NHL Comparable:

Lists his favourite player and models his game after Alex Ovechkin, some comparison in terms of a combination of size and offensive skill as well the willingness to play physical and throw his body around. Zacha certainly does not project to have the numbers or impact that Ovechkin has had however.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Zacha certainly does not project to have the numbers or impact that Ovechkin has had however.

image.jpeg.2a21f621b85dff35f88d940d4291168f.jpeg

Anyway, player comps are what they are. Some of choose to be hopeful and dream about the possibilities, and some of us are Mfitz lol. 

As for the Rantanen comparison. Slaf actually put up 1 more point in Liiga as a 17 year old than he did. In 6 less games, too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

image.jpeg.2a21f621b85dff35f88d940d4291168f.jpeg

Anyway, player comps are what they are. Some of choose to be hopeful and dream about the possibilities, and some of us are Mfitz lol. 

As for the Rantanen comparison. Slaf actually put up 1 more point in Liiga as a 17 year old than he did. In 6 less games, too. 

If I model my career after a Supreme Court justice, do I also get to be a Supreme Court justice?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

If I model my career after a Supreme Court justice, do I also get to be a Supreme Court justice?

Not if they find your NJDevs account…

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Idk man, the way this country is today, we need a lot more good Dick jokes to lighten everyone the fvck up.

I don't disagree. I have thought of running for office basically on that exact platform. I'm just a dude, I don't come from money, I don't have companies or political parties controlling what I do or say, etc. But I'm still smart, educated, and most importantly, ready to listen to other people who are not rich and connected and give them a voice. The other guys can't offer that because they've never been you. I AM you. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quite a few draft lists have Cooley at second. 

Seems like a player who's profile is similar to what we already have on the roster. On the small side, good skater and play maker with a good shot.

Given he is a center as well it would seem like we don't have much of a need. But do you just take BPA. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was reading up on some of the possible options at second overall after the draft lottery last night.  It looks like most reports have come down between Slaf and Cooley.  While Slaf does address a need that the Devils desperately need, Cooley seems to be overall the better player so I am more inclined to pick him.  Way too many times teams, including the Devils, have gotten burned by drafting for need over BPA.  Plus a lot of the write-ups I see about Slaf reminds me of what I read about Zacha and Kakko (big rugged winger, played with men, etc.).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I was reading up on some of the possible options at second overall after the draft lottery last night.  It looks like most reports have come down between Slaf and Cooley.  While Slaf does address a need that the Devils desperately need, Cooley seems to be overall the better player so I am more inclined to pick him.  Way too many times teams, including the Devils, have gotten burned by drafting for need over BPA.  Plus a lot of the write-ups I see about Slaf reminds me of what I read about Zacha and Kakko (big rugged winger, played with men, etc.).

It definitely does have a Jack/Kakko vibe to it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think of you keep 2OA you take Cooley and laugh all the way to the bank. People on here are acting like having 3 really good centers would somehow be a problem. I get that this team needs more scorers and better wingers but I just can't see how having ANOTHER potentially really good center is somehow wrong. Don't forget that centers have good trade value as well and that its usually easier to move from center to wing than vise-versa. Now if the reports are right about Arizona really really wanting Cooley and you can get something nice in return for swapping picks then I am 100% in favor for going to 3OA and taking Slafkovsky.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, slasher72 said:

Oh, I'm referring mostly to Devils fans I see posting comments on YouTube or Devils beat writers more so than anyone on this board. I think most people here would agree giving up 2OA is too high a price to pay for either Fiala or a goalie, especially when one can be had in free agency. 

The Devils have beat writers?  Even that sh!t rag the Star Ledger doesn't send anyone out to cover the games, and their HQ's used to be 3 blocks from the Rock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Thanks God Fitz is Fitz and he will not take Cooley. By 2nd  OA ofcourse. I believe writers are writing, but scouts are scouting and managers are picking and they deffinetly do this without listening writers. 
Ofcourse I can be wrong here, but I did watch a lot of Cooley games, enough of other players games(I would say not enough of Jiricek games). Cooley is what Fitz will not prefer on the draft day as I understand Fitz correctly.

I believe Arizona are smart enough too and they will not trade their 3rd+ for our second because they understnand and know what Fitz will want on the draft day.  It`s not perimetr playmaking small forward. If they want Cooley, they will draft him by 3rd pick. Only if they want to draft Slafkovsky over Cooley, they will trade 3rd for 2nd. If Fitz will want to make this trade for picking Slaf by 3OA - it`s too dangerous move, and I could call it stupid move. 
If Fitz want to draft Slaf or Jiricek, or Slaf or Nemec or Jiricek and he and his scouts rank them on the same level, than ofcourse he can trade his pick. 

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, Guadana said:

Thanks God Fitz is Fitz and he will not take Cooley. By 2nd  OA ofcourse. I believe writers are writing, but scouts are scouting and managers are picking and they deffinetly do this without listening writers. 
Ofcourse I can be wrong here, but I did watch a lot of Cooley games, enough of other players games(I would say not enough of Jiricek games). Cooley is what Fitz will not prefer on the draft day as I understand Fitz correctly.

I believe Arizona are smart enough too and they will not trade their 3rd+ for our second because they understnand and know what Fitz will want on the draft day.  It`s not perimetr playmaking small forward. If they want Cooley, they will draft him by 3rd pick. Only if they want to draft Slafkovsky over Cooley, they will trade 3rd for 2nd. If Fitz will want to make this trade for picking Slaf by 3OA - it`s too dangerous move, and I could call it stupid move. 
If Fitz want to draft Slaf or Jiricek, or Slaf or Nemec or Jiricek and he and his scouts rank them on the same level, than ofcourse he can trade his pick. 

I could see a situation where Fitz drafts BPA and then dangles him as part of a trade somewhere else if they don't want to wait for Jiricec or Nemec to develop or they are not sold on Slaf.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Nicomo said:

image.jpeg.2a21f621b85dff35f88d940d4291168f.jpeg

Anyway, player comps are what they are. Some of choose to be hopeful and dream about the possibilities, and some of us are Mfitz lol. 

As for the Rantanen comparison. Slaf actually put up 1 more point in Liiga as a 17 year old than he did. In 6 less games, too. 

Yeah we kept hearing Larsson was a Hedman, Lidstrom and were upset when his comparable at the draft was sami salo... turns out that was the one that was accurate lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I could see a situation where Fitz drafts BPA and then dangles him as part of a trade somewhere else if they don't want to wait for Jiricec or Nemec to develop or they are not sold on Slaf.

I`m a draft guy here and I`m watching easily how it is working everywhere, how teams are lose when they trade thier high picks. But I would say i`m okey if Tkachuck don`t wanna stay in Calgary and his connection to Fitz and Hughes family will help. But it`s pipe dream scenario. 

And I know, Kakko isn`t flashy, but it`s to early and you know. Top-5 players comming into the stars much more often than bust. This is how you can get them for nothing - draft them. Look at what did happening with Jack Hughes. 

If they don`t wanna wait Jiricek and Nemec develop - they have Hamilton and Severson. If they wanna wait - they have Hamilton and Severson. In the first case - draft Slafkovsky. In the second case - draft Jiricek or Nemec if you wanna draft one of them. And trade down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

I want to stir the hornet's nest: The pick and Alexander Holtz to Boston for Brad Marchand.

Boston laughs you off the phone and then Marchand kicks your grandma in the shin.

He's a horrendous pest, but he's beloved in the city of Boston and probably one of the 5 most untradeable players in the league. He's averaging 40 goals and 100 points per 82 games played over the past 5 years, making 6m per year. You could argue that he's the single most valuable player in respect to their cap hit in the entire sport.

(I also don't want the Devils to trade their future for a guy who could walk in 24 months)

Edited by MB3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Boston laughs you off the phone and then Marchand kicks your grandma in the shin.

And licks your grandfather's face. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

I bring up Marchand because we are sorely lacking in sandpaper and because Boston is at an organizational crossroads if Bergeron retires. It would be a better idea if we had a goalie and were a contender. However, I wouldn't be surprised if Boston starts to explore trading Marchand if they bow out to Carolina and Bergeron hangs 'em up. The Bruins window maybe has closed.

Edited by Jerrydevil
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.