Draft 2022 - Lottery - Devils get second pick!

Guadana

7 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

C’mon, ya know your history better than that, re:  the Nieds pick…Lou picked that one up when he traded Tom Kurvers for the Leafs’ 1991 first-rounder.  That pick actually looked like it might be #1OA for a while (which would have given them Lindros).  But the Devils got Nieds through the Leafs sucking, not the Devils sucking, heh heh.

What does it mean? Toronto trade for help, devils who were good team, still draft. And BAMS three Stanly Cups and Norris.

Thanks, CR, we will not trade high pick and will wait, because we have our own history lesson.

• 1 month later...

So chicago is asking a top 15 pick for Kirby Dach.. who was a 3rd overall 3 years ago and will be really good. That doesn't appear to be much.

While the cost for Debrincat is a young player, a top pick and a young prospect

Maybe we could convince them that Holtz may count as a "top pick", cause that's the part im hesitant to hand out. Then throw wtv we need.

8 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

So chicago is asking a top 15 pick for Kirby Dach.. who was a 3rd overall 3 years ago and will be really good. That doesn't appear to be much.

Maybe we could convince them that Holtz may count as a "top pick", cause that's the part im hesitant to hand out. Then throw wtv we need.

I liked Dach when he was drafted but he definitely has not put up top 3 pick numbers. But he's only 21. 

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I liked Dach when he was drafted but he definitely has not put up top 3 pick numbers. But he's only 21. 

I’m not trading Holtz for Kirby Dach, F that. Holtz goes for DeBrincat or Tkachuk only.

Edited by MadDog2020

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m not trading Holtz for Kirby Dach, F that. Holtz goes for DeBrincat or Tkachuk only.

Agree, at least among the names being discussed. Like I would go Holtz + 1 OA for some other guys...

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I'm the only one who brought up Kirby Dach, not to trade for him (wouldnt make much sense) but just to report the asking price they are demanding. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Whole lot of "fvck that", sprinkled with a whole lot of "oh god no". 

Kirby Dach was a top pick. He might be a good player one day. He currently is not -- career high of 26 points, and will soon be owed his first bridge deal. He's a centerman, which the Devils flat out do not need. If the Devils had Dach and the Blackhawks had Holtz, that's the type of trade the Devils should try to make. The other way around makes positively no sense. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Kirby Dach was a top pick. He might be a good player one day. He currently is not -- career high of 26 points, and will soon be owed his first bridge deal. He's a centerman, which the Devils flat out do not need. If the Devils had Dach and the Blackhawks had Holtz, that's the type of trade the Devils should try to make. The other way around makes positively no sense. 

Dude calm the fvck down.

Did i even say we should trade for him? No i didn't. I even clarified in the previous post. I just said that was the asking price they are asking. If they get it it's going to happen today.... at the draft... this is a discussion about the draft....

Edited by SterioDesign

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Kirby Dach was a top pick. He might be a good player one day. He currently is not -- career high of 26 points, and will soon be owed his first bridge deal. 

Kind of Zacha-esque if you think about it. 

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Dude calm the fvck down.

Did i even say we should trade for him? No i didn't. I even clarified in the previous post. I just said that was the asking price they are asking. If they get it it's going to happen today.... at the draft... this is a discussion about the draft....

I'm super calm lmao. You changed thoughts midway through your post which was confusing. It's all good baby. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Kind of Zacha-esque if you think about it. 

Almost makes me wanna see you buy another jersey. ❤️

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

I'm super calm lmao. You changed thoughts midway through your post which was confusing. It's all good baby. 

Almost makes me wanna see you buy another jersey. ❤️

didn't really change thoughts i was just stating facts or reports lol I said that chicago's asking price for Dach was a top 15 pick. That it was cheap. 

Then that the asking price for Debrincat was a top pick, top prospect and a young player... and that i wondering if we could convince them that the "top pick" part of that package could be holtz since he was a top pick.

I mean, i can kind of see how it's confusing but i also don't see how it suggest i'd want Dach