Jump to content

Draft 2022 - Lottery - Devils get second pick!


Guadana
 Share

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, devlman said:

This.

Same, wouldn't mind some immediate "insert here" help.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Same, wouldn't mind some immediate "insert here" help.  

That’s what she said. 

 

E42A9FD0-93F8-486D-A413-FD0150576BE5.gif

Edited by mfitz804
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s what she said. 

 

E42A9FD0-93F8-486D-A413-FD0150576BE5.gif

I can completely picture whatever room you're working in turning bright red (complete with an air raid siren blaring) whenever someone posts anything that's open to, well, alternative interpretations, heh heh.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I can completely picture whatever room you're working in turning bright red (complete with an air raid siren blaring) whenever someone posts anything that's open to, well, alternative interpretations, heh heh.  

That’s basically what happens, except just inside my mind. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm not even sure what i'm wishing for for the lottery... this draft class has been so underwhelming for me. All i hope i guess is that we don't fall to 6 or 7.

For me, get the best pick possible. Then decide whether to draft with it or trade it. I am not averse to trading this pick, where usually I am. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mfitz804 said:

For me, get the best pick possible. Then decide whether to draft with it or trade it. I am not averse to trading this pick, where usually I am. 

Hoping that it's dealt for an immediate need, and someone who can help the Devils in 2022-23.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm also a bit torn on the Fiala option. I like him and i'm all to trade our first round pick. But he's sliiiiightly too old for me. He'll be 26 by the start of next season. Trading an 18 years with top 5 potential with many years having his rights vs a dude who would help right now in our current window but who knows.

And even if we'd trade for a say.... 75-85 points guy that would give us that NOW and for 4-5 seasons then im fine if the top 5 becomes a 90 pts guy but only in 4-5 years. We need help now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm also a bit torn on the Fiala option. I like him and i'm all to trade our first round pick. But he's sliiiiightly too old for me. He'll be 26 by the start of next season. Trading an 18 years with top 5 potential with many years having his rights vs a dude who would help right now in our current window but who knows.

And even if we'd trade for a say.... 75-85 points guy that would give us that NOW and for 4-5 seasons then im fine if the top 5 becomes a 90 pts guy but only in 4-5 years. We need help now.

I'd still deal the first-rounder for Fiala (I suspect that won't be enough), but it's fair to wonder if that first-rounder's an asset worth trying to use to upgrade the goaltending (via trade)...I don't have a name though, as to who specifically would be worth that kind of cost.

But I agree, I'm not worried about the 2025-26 Devils...and I'm sure Nico, Jack, Jesper, Dougie, and others aren't either.  Get the current club some help.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know what goalies are available, but looking at the UFA list it's pretty slim pickings over there. Trade may be the only viable option unless you want to pay a fortune for someone over 30. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, NJD16W said:

I don't think they should consider trading this pick unless they tumble down a couple spots. If they pick in the top 5 there will be a player there we will be thrilled to draft. Slafkovsky is the player I think would be the best fit here. 

His value has gone through the roof like Nico's did in his draft year. I think it will be a stretch for him to still be there after the top 3.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Slafkovsky is top-3 pick. I would say top-2. but Arizona and Mtl needs centers.

I don`t care about FIala if we have an opportunity to pick Slafkovsky or Jiricek. But if they don`t - i`m not a fan of another small play driver, but it will really help on the distance of actual Nico, Jack and Dougie deals. But I would prefer to trade pick for top goalie\top goalie prospect. It`s a better management. because "turn the corner" is a questionable thingg, because Fiala will help to produce one goal every night. Bratt and Jack will produce one goal and Nico and Fiala will produce one goal, I do really think, if things will go in the right way, both duos will produce another goal on the constant basis. Three goals per game on the regular basis, but it will not fix devils problems and will not really help to be better team. And there are some players who can help to have better chance to produce more in the system. Reason why I want another moves. But regular +1 goal per night is  a good thing anyway. 

Or win the lottery and somehow trade 1\2 pick+ for M Tkachuk. If he don`t wanna sign with Calgary. I cant imagine better compensation for him.

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm also a bit torn on the Fiala option. I like him and i'm all to trade our first round pick. But he's sliiiiightly too old for me. He'll be 26 by the start of next season. Trading an 18 years with top 5 potential with many years having his rights vs a dude who would help right now in our current window but who knows.

And even if we'd trade for a say.... 75-85 points guy that would give us that NOW and for 4-5 seasons then im fine if the top 5 becomes a 90 pts guy but only in 4-5 years. We need help now.

I’m over us drafting to build the future. We have cap space, granted a few are due raises, including Bratt’s hefty one.

But we need guys now. We need help, now. If we keep doing this partial kick the can the road approach, we’ll turn into the Sabres

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Give us the 2nd overall pick. We aren't greedy.

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

His value has gone through the roof like Nico's did in his draft year. I think it will be a stretch for him to still be there after the top 3.

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Here we go boys!!! Best night of the year!!! Draft lotto, I'm jacked up and ready to go!!!!! Anyone else pre-gaming this event? I love being a Devils fan!!! It's awesome here!!! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I’m on the road, so I’ll be relying on you guys to relay the results.

Decapitated. Whole big thing. We had a funeral for a bird. 

Shane Wright looks like such a fvcking goober lol. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Decapitated. Whole big thing. We had a funeral for a bird. 

Shane Wright looks like such a fvcking goober lol. 

Did you acquire said bird along with a sack of marbles and a few baseball cards, from a former limo driver….?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.