GDT - Devils vs Lightning 1/27/22 7pm MSG+

NJDfan1711

We won two games ago when I made the thread, so this is me keeping up with that superstition.  And also, I'll be at this game, so I feel obligated. 

It's sad because I came very close to saving $300 and simply deciding not to go to the game, but I love this stupid team and reluctantly purchased tickets a few days ago. Frankly though, I am going so that I get to watch the Lightning, a competently run team, remind me what it's like to play the game at a high level, almost much as I am going to see the Devils just because I love them. 

Who the fvck knows who will be in net, and I fully expect an embarrassing loss, but whatever.  Let's Go Devils.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MB3 said:

Love the arena and love the fans in Tampa. Remember in like 2014 the Devils had this horribly mediocre team, and they used Eddie fvcking Lack as their goalie? I was there, a row behind the Devils bench. I think Lack made something crazy like 60 saves and they were all insanely high quality scoring chances. 

Ive been to well over 800 Devils games in my life, saw some incredible Marty moments, but I still think that was the best goaltending performance I’ve ever seen live.

I remember that game, probably the best game of Lack’s career. 

I've been to Amalie Arena once when we entered into a beer league tournament down in Clearwater one year (what an absolute sh!t show that was.  Would do it again in a heartbeat).  But as much as I hate the Lightning, their arena is pretty sweet.  It may just be because it's warm out and hanging outside the arena in Thunder Alley or on the balconies off the concourse is just such a pleasant experience.  The one thing I did not like though is that I thought the upper bowl felt disconnected from the game.  It was pretty steep and darkish up there, and your kind of at the same height as the rafter so I just felt removed from the action.  Either way, it was a great time.  We ended up at the game where Stamkos broke Lecavalier's scoring record and the Lightning also clinched the President's Trophy.. only to get swept by Columbus a month later in the first round.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

$300? My condolences on that. I hope they can muster some lighting in a bottle (pun not intended, but kind of 😝) and at least give you your moneys worth. LGD. 

I typically only get to see them twice a year, so when I can, I prefer to spend a little extra and get decent seats.  I think I'm in section 128, 10-15 rows up, or something like that.  Tickets were about $110 each - I got two - one for me and a lady friend.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I typically only get to see them twice a year, so when I can, I prefer to spend a little extra and get decent seats.  I think I'm in section 128, 10-15 rows up, or something like that.  Tickets were about $110 each - I got two - one for me and a lady friend.

I hope she enjoys disappointment. 

The game, not from you lol. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I hope she enjoys disappointment. 

The game, not from you lol. 

Haha.  I've tried to bring her around to supporting my team, but she's definitely a Lightning fan, so only one of us will be disappointed at the end of the night, and we know who that will be :( 

• Like 1

On 1/25/2022 at 9:50 PM, MB3 said:

Love the arena and love the fans in Tampa. Remember in like 2014 the Devils had this horribly mediocre team, and they used Eddie fvcking Lack as their goalie? I was there, a row behind the Devils bench. I think Lack made something crazy like 60 saves and they were all insanely high quality scoring chances. 

Ive been to well over 800 Devils games in my life, saw some incredible Marty moments, but I still think that was the best goaltending performance I’ve ever seen live.

You mean 2017-18? The best Devils team in a decade

23 minutes ago, MB3 said:

lmao jesus christ was that the playoff devils? i didn’t think so but i totally believe it

Yeah, Devils went 3-0 against Tampa in the regular season that year, but mostly because they were extremely lucky in those games (won the first one via shootout, the other two by a single goal...not to mention Lack won a game where he faced 51 shots and allowed just three goals, and KK won a game where he faced 36 and only gave up one). 

We saw what happened when the playoffs rolled around.