GDT - Devils vs Lightning 1/27/22 7pm MSG+

NJDfan1711

Just now, SterioDesign said:

I think trading a proven player who's contributing for you at the moment when you're already lacking offence for a gamble and unproven guy (who's proven unreliable currently)

Yes i think it's a dumb decision to take in this moment. 

“Proven unreliable” after 20 games.

not saying his ANYTHING like Fleury, but Jesus man if he turns out to be, I wonder what you thought of Flower when he entered the league and was atrocious 

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

not saying his ANYTHING like Fleury, but Jesus man if he turns out to be, I wonder what you thought of Flower when he entered the league and was atrocious 

I wouldn’t trade Bratt because he seems to be meshing well with Hughes and that’s what we need. I would trade anyone else on the team but those two for Knight. 

Just now, jagknife said:

He will always be a Ben Franklin cosplayer to me based on his ESPN appearances in 2000 and his stupid mini-bifocals 

That’s even better lol. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I'm also not saying he'll be bad.

I'm saying this rebuild has sucked really bad. So i'm not going to sacrifice one of the few bright spot on our team for a gamble. Goalies are incredibly unpredictable. We need to add, not substract.

I'd much rather stick with a proven commodity and see Knight succeed down the road than trading Bratt and seeing Knight sh!t the bed here. 

Edited by SterioDesign

4 minutes ago, jagknife said:

Clearly he has an anti-American bias. If Knight was Canadian he’d be all over him. :P

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm also not saying he'll be bad.

I'm saying this rebuild has sucked really bad. So i'm not going to sacrifice one of the few bright spot on our team for a gamble. Goalies are incredibly unpredictable. We need to add, not substract.

I'd much rather stick with a proven commodity and see Knight succeed down the road than trading Bratt and seeing Knight sh!t the bed here. 

You’re also talking in absolutes, though.

No one said LETS DO THIS TRADE NOW! It was a conversation starter. This version of Bratt I sure as fvck wouldn’t trade cause like @mfitz804 said, he gels so goddamn well with Jack.

I’d trade a few of our defenders for a stale corn chip just to get them out of here, but it doesn’t mean we should do it right this second

4 minutes ago, CarpathianForest said:

Look I'm all for disagreements when they contain reasonable debate..I like MB30, but his version of debate is to call other people names. Always has been. 

My side had a reasonable debate and im pretty confident my angle / explanation is fair even if someone wouldn't agree.

But yeah i guess if you don't have that you might as well use insults, i mean... what else can you do? 

Just now, jagknife said:

You’re also talking in absolutes, though.

No one said LETS DO THIS TRADE NOW! It was a conversation starter. This version of Bratt I sure as fvck wouldn’t trade cause like @mfitz804 said, he gels so goddamn well with Jack.

I’d trade a few of our defenders for a stale corn chip just to get them out of here, but it doesn’t mean we should do it right this second

Whats absolute in my argument? 

The trade offer was Bratt for Knight. I'm not sure what the "lets do this trade right now" has to do with anything?

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Wait…what’s this now? Hedman? 

Engblom. I did multiple google searches to prove My point but he used to wear these stupid gold framed bifocals back in the Devils’ glory days when we’d have meaningful hockey on ESPN, and his stupid mullet. I’ll never forget the look

• Like 1

Just now, jagknife said:

You didn’t forget, you remembered his NMC, clearly

Oh yeah, that, definitely lol. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

That’s where my mind goes when someone mentions breaking balls. 

Now go home and get your shine box!

Disagree with you as I do, you are a sh!t load of fun. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, nessus said:

That Hughes goal was a thing of beauty. It's the manifestation of when we said Hughes is going to skate circles around the opposition some day. Bratt, too.

Them boys can move. Imagine putting a sniper (like Holtz if he works out) with them…

• Like 2