Another New New Jersey Devils Jersey ?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

47 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Alright, sticking to the retro theme.... Black jersey with KC Scouts stripes, old Eastern League Jersey Devils logo. I'm obsessed lol.

kc stripes devils.jpg

Sold!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

Wound up tinkering with the logo a bit and i think this looks way better. here's a black version, too

black rr.jpg

white rr.jpg

I like both, like the black a little more.  I would probably buy either one.  

• Like 1

The stripes on the Jersey Jersey have grown on me since players have been wearing them on the ice. 

But any positive feelings are quickly washed away when you see the front of the stupid thing. 

Also nowhere near enough red on it for me. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

The stripes on the Jersey Jersey have grown on me since players have been wearing them on the ice. 

But any positive feelings are quickly washed away when you see the front of the stupid thing. 

Yep, same exact sentiments here.

1 hour ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yep, same exact sentiments here.

I will never get over them being the leftovers from the Blackhawks alternates with the logo stripped and Fitz' kids cursive class designed the logo.

Also agreed, we're the goddamn Devils, we need good amounts of red

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Something as close to MB3’s black 3rd as possible…especially since several teams didn’t really follow what the RR was truly supposed to be.  Consider it a do-over for Jersey jerseys.

I have a feeling it could be Rockies-related…there’s just enough of them worn at Devils games that some suit will again overestimate the actual interest re:  that part of this franchise’s history.  Or even something that honors both the Scouts and the Rockies…I hope not.

There's a site that's made up their own version of a Rockies-inspired RR...not going to lie, I do kind of like it:

Reverse Retro Colorado Rockies Jersey #reverseretro

BUT, I don't think this would appeal to most of the fan base at all...so I'd much rather something Devils-related, that being MB3's design, or a look inspired by the original red, black, and whites.  There's a lot of possibilities that could really be sharp (and don't need to be based on anything prior to 1982).     

Good lord what an absolute eyesore. 

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Good lord what an absolute eyesore. 

Opinions may very heh heh.

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I like this one 

I like MB3’s concept better.  But this one is OK.

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

that was one of mine! 

I know…you swapped out the Bingo pitchfork logo for the NJ.  The Hughes design felt like that was more you, in terms of how much you contributed.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Supposedly the Colorado Avalanche reverse retro 2.0 will be Rockies based, including Rockies colors so it looks like ours will be Devils based. I can’t see them going Kansas City. Just doesn’t make sense 

Retro red and green colors but with “Jersey” across the front. That’ll cause a riot. 

26 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Supposedly the Colorado Avalanche reverse retro 2.0 will be Rockies based, including Rockies colors so it looks like ours will be Devils based. I can’t see them going Kansas City. Just doesn’t make sense 

As it should be, I get the whole "franchise" thing but the Rockies and Scouts were never our teams, they were Colroados and Kansas Citys. Never made any sense to me for our team to pay homage to those former failed teams. At least there are some people in Colorado who actually saw the Rockies play live and will enjoy those member berries. 

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Retro red and green colors but with “Jersey” across the front. That’ll cause a riot. 

I'd pwefer that over the current boring black one. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

They've already done a Rockies-inspired third, so not surprised.  A Rockies template with Avs colors could be kind of cool...and let's face it, even though other franchises have gone with "previous city"-inspired designs (including the Avs themselves, with the Nordiques-based RR), I think it makes more sense for the Avs to take the Rockies layout, than for the Devils to use it.  There's probably oldsters in Denver who still remember going to Rockies games...Rockies RRs will be much more fun for those fans than it would ever be for ours.

That settles it...black Devils jersey (Starter template will do, if they want to keep things safe/simple).  If not that, at least either the NJ logo we all know and love, or the EHL Jersey Devils as the crest.  If the Devils insist on honoring a past team, use MB3's Scouts stripe tribute...I can live with that.

Greatest fear:  A white version of the Jersey jersey, with "Devils" in script, instead of "Jersey".  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1