Another New New Jersey Devils Jersey ?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Going off on a tangent here but it really is amazing how much more I'd like the Jersey jerseys if they just tossed our actual, ya know, logo in there.

It still boggles my mind that the logo is literally NO WHERE to be seen on that jersey. Nobody thought to stick them on the shoulders even? 

48 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I think we're kidding ourselves if we don't at least mention this is the likely route they go. And, while I don't love it, it's a lot better than the current ones. (EDIT: looks like Fitzy beat me to the punch)

green jersey jersey.jpg

I tend to think this would be thrown away during design development because a cursive font over a red-and-green background is immediately christmas, haha. may as well say "Merry and Bright" 

For fvck's sake, that is 1,000% improvement thought up by a couple of knuckleheads (independently) in a message board. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

I think we're kidding ourselves if we don't at least mention this is the likely route they go. And, while I don't love it, it's a lot better than the current ones. (EDIT: looks like Fitzy beat me to the punch)

I think if they insist on another "scripted" jersey, it will read "Devils", instead of "Jersey".  Just a hunch.

My nightmare scenario (white version of the Jersey jersey, with "Devils" replacing "Jersey)...somehow I can almost definitely see that happening...but it would be just like the current organization to double-down on a template that very few fans seem to be terribly fond of...and then tell us all how we'll grow to love it in time, because they know what's best for us, even if we're too dumb to see it.  

The sad truth:  there's a lot of potentially cool directions a new RR jersey can take.  And the organization will go in the completely opposite direction.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The sad truth:  there's a lot of potentially cool directions a new RR jersey can take.  And the organization will go in the completely opposite direction.  

I would have disagreed based on the first round of RR. But then the new New Jersey “Jersey” jersey happened. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think if they insist on another "scripted" jersey, it will read "Devils", instead of "Jersey".  Just a hunch.

My nightmare scenario (white version of the Jersey jersey, with "Devils" replacing "Jersey)...somehow I can almost definitely see that happening...but it would be just like the current organization to double-down on a template that very few fans seem to be terribly fond of...and then tell us all how we'll grow to love it in time, because they know what's best for us, even if we're too dumb to see it.  

That's because the empty suits in charge not only think they know us, but that they know BETTER than us.  When the RR 2.0 design comes out and it is a disaster, I wonder if they will scramble to get Elias to agree to say he partially designed it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

That's because the empty suits in charge not only think they know us, but that they know BETTER than us.  When the RR 2.0 design comes out and it is a disaster, I wonder if they will scramble to get Elias to agree to say he partially designed it.

There's a (small) part of me that's hoping that they take the same approach that they did with RR 1.0...a simple color-swap of a previous Devils template (the pre-Adidas red and black would really be the only qualifier, since red and green was covered with RR 1.0).  No real thought or creativity, which in the Devils' case would eliminate the risk of something god-awful.  Seriously, I know I've mentioned it, but the '90s Black Starter jersey either 1) in its original form, 2) with the red shoulder yoke eliminated, or 3) the red yoke retained but with a white border stripe added...would ANYONE object to any of those, lack of imagination be damned?  Besides, it's supposed to be a simple REVERSE RETRO...not an alternate or third.  If the Devils can just stick to that script, everyone wins.  This can be so easy...not to mention man would that wash away the sh!tty taste of the Jersey jerseys. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

49 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

“We’re on the cutting edge of trend setting. Trust us, you mouth breathing idiots will love this design and if not, it is you all who are wrong. Your attachment to legacy holds you back from truly appreciating the nuances of the future.” - the Jersey design team, assuredly. 

• Like 1

On 1/26/2022 at 2:56 PM, Rock said:

i'll just stick with my jerseys from the early 90's and championship eras 😃

Yup.  I refuse to purchase a jersey because I hated the red home redesign and hated the Jersey Jersey even more.  If the Devils didn't give me new jerseys every 5 years as part of my season ticket plan, I would be rocking the 90's Niedermayer, Brodeur, and Stevens jerseys in perpetuity. 

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Another Reddit suggestion. 

F85171E7-0723-4FBC-9213-0888E50B96E3.jpeg

Kinda like MB3’s.  I like this one, but like MB3‘s concept more.  

41 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

The dude on the youtube video said he spoke with 2 people close to the Devils and leaning to KC Scouts. So that is just an idea he thinks it could be.

A Scouts RR…

fvck that fvck that fvck

THAT

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

A Scouts RR…

fvck that fvck that fvck

THAT

lol didn't I tell you that the empty-suit schmucks at the Devils think they are the smartest people in the world?  Of course they are not going to go the obvious route of doing a black Devils jersey a la those 90's Starter fashion jerseys.  Jillian and all her people in the marketing department want to re-invent the wheel with this design so they can call back to a franchise that existed for 2 years and less than 1% of the current Devils fanbase remembers or even cares about.

24 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

lol didn't I tell you that the empty-suit schmucks at the Devils think they are the smartest people in the world?  Of course they are not going to go the obvious route of doing a black Devils jersey a la those 90's Starter fashion jerseys.  Jillian and all her people in the marketing department want to re-invent the wheel with this design so they can call back to a franchise that existed for 2 years and less than 1% of the current Devils fanbase remembers or even cares about.

I r think it’s the best option, but I can’t see them doing a black RR right after they did the black Jersey jersey. 

I’m not saying that I believe that you tube guy…just that I don’t like the idea of a new RR drawing too much inspiration from the Scouts (for example, no blue as a primary color).

I did like MB3’s Scout-striped jersey though.  That I could live with (especially in red and black).