Another New New Jersey Devils Jersey ?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I r think it’s the best option, but I can’t see them doing a black RR right after they did the black Jersey jersey. 

Agree, to them it’s admitting that they fvcked up with the Jersey jersey (they did).

14 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Danny Devito No GIF by reactionseditor

But with Colorado supposedly using the same color scheme I can’t see the Devils also doing it

Sadly, if you RRed this, I could see the primary color becoming red...which would give the organization just enough of a reason to go in this direction.  And of course, it's a way to get out of designing a black jersey fans might actually like.

Take MB3's black and red Scouts-inspired jersey and make it red and black (swap the colors), I could live with that...at least it's the Devils colors, with no blue, yellow, or any other colors that don't make sense.    

On 1/31/2022 at 8:09 PM, mfitz804 said:

Saw this on Reddit. I’m in favor if they can make them glow like this. 

E1071C17-8FDF-4873-ABA6-53BE81EA6CF5.jpeg

Swap out the blue for black.

Swap out the yellow for white.

I could definitely live with that:  Devils fans get a design that isn't an atrocity; the organization gets to pay unnecessary homage to a team that nearly every Devils fan couldn't give less of a fvck about.  Win-win. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Swap out the blue for black.

Swap out the yellow for white.

I could definitely live with that:  Devils fans get a design that isn't an atrocity; the organization gets to pay unnecessary to a team that nearly every Devils fan couldn't give less of a fvck about.  Win-win. 

And what the idiots hear in ownership will be “keep the blue, swap the yellow for white. There! It looks like the 76ers!”

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Utica showing the big club how it's done. 

Agree with others that it could use some white, but this design runs absolute circles around the god-awful Jersey jerseys.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I'm ready to duck with this one, but... I prefer the Jersey jerseys. These look like "create-a-jersey" mode in NHL 14. 

Go back to your nosebleed seats where you can see players on the bench clearly, eagle eyes! 😉

EDIT after your reaction: I like the fact there is red in the uniform. I hate the Jersey cause it looks dumb, we "honor" a team no one ever heard of. We took the throw-away left overs from Chicago's sh!tty all black template. And there is so. little. red. on a jersey for a team thats name INSTANTLY provokes images of a red person.

Edited by jagknife
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

What I'm hoping for:  FINALLY, a proper black jersey, complete with a Devils crest...and since a number of teams ignored the "Reverse Retro" part and instead designed what amounts to another alternate, I think the Devils should be allowed to do the same.  Keep it simple...just take the pre-Adidas red and black template, and 1) go with the Starter layout, 2) same as #1, but eliminate the red shoulder yoke, or 3) keep the red yoke, but round off the edges, and add a white border.  Nothing super-creative, but I can't see too many fans objecting to any of them.  Safe but solid and plenty practical, and pretty much guaranteed to please most of the fanbase.

What we'll get:  a white Jersey jersey.

I can live with nods to the Scouts and Rockies, as long as those nods don't result in a hideous design, and as long as the crest on the chest is the one we've all loved from day one.  MB3 came up with some solid designs, as far as that goes.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

MB3 came up with some solid designs, as far as that goes.  

Marty: “Nobody liked my Jersey jersey, maybe we should get that guy who always posts about sodomizing our star players to design it…”

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

What I'm hoping for:  FINALLY, a proper black jersey, complete with a Devils crest...and since a number of teams ignored the "Reverse Retro" part and instead designed what amounts to another alternate, I think the Devils should be allowed to do the same.  Keep it simple...just take the pre-Adidas red and black template, and 1) go with the Starter layout, 2) same as #1, but eliminate the red shoulder yoke, or 3) keep the red yoke, but round off the edges, and add a white border.  Nothing super-creative, but I can't see too many fans objecting to any of them.  Safe but solid and plenty practical, and pretty much guaranteed to please most of the fanbase.

What we'll get:  a white Jersey jersey.

I can live with nods to the Scouts and Rockies, as long as those nods don't result in a hideous design, and as long as the crest on the chest is the one we've all loved from day one.  MB3 came up with some solid designs, as far as that goes.  

Early rumors are the Devils are going with a blue Scouts jersey with the Devils logo instead of the Scouts logo.  I would take that with a grain of salt though.

Apparently, the Avalanche will be wearing basically a white Rockies jersey as their RR 2.0.

15 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Early rumors are the Devils are going with a blue Scouts jersey with the Devils logo instead of the Scouts logo.  I would take that with a grain of salt though.

Apparently, the Avalanche will be wearing basically a white Rockies jersey as their RR 2.0.

Mentioned this previously, but if they insist on a Scouts-inspired jersey, all they have to do is swap out the blue for black and the yellow for white, and that will be a "Reverse Retro" that I think most fans can live with, as far as paying homage to yet another team that 90% of the fanbase couldn't possibly care less about.  And I'm sorry, I don't want any blue as a part of ANY Devils jersey, ever...the friggin' Islanders and Rangers wear blue.  

The Avs going with a Rockies jersey makes sense...probably some 50-somethings in Colorado who remember watching the Rockies in their youth.  And the Rockies' whites always had a nice, clean look to them.  

I'm cool giving the Rockies to the Avalanche.  This just seems like such a perfect opportunity to take a mulligan on the Jersey jersey and throw a Devils crest on a black 00's jersey.  But I suppose that would be akin to admitting that they fvcked it up.

(I actually love the black kits aside from the lame script crest)

18 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I'm cool giving the Rockies to the Avalanche.  This just seems like such a perfect opportunity to take a mulligan on the Jersey jersey and throw a Devils crest on a black 00's jersey.  But I suppose that would be akin to admitting that they fvcked it up.

Agree in that it's absolutely an opportunity to keep things simple and just throw a black jersey out there that checks a few boxes...that all most fans really want at this point.  They won't do that though.  They need to feel clever and smarter than everyone else.  If we get a white Jersey jersey with "Devils" in script instead, I wouldn't be remotely surprised.   

Also agree in that the script "Jersey" crest really kills the overall vibe...they're not that bad otherwise, but for something that was supposedly in the works for so long, damn it's rather derivative:

RELEASE: Blackhawks unveil Winter Classic jersey

51 minutes ago, Crisis said:

It could only have been worse if they literally took them to the Seaside Heights boardwalk and had the "Jersey" airbrushed on. 

Actually, I'm not sure what would have been more Jersey than that. 

22 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Agree in that it's absolutely an opportunity to keep things simple and just throw a black jersey out there that checks a few boxes...that all most fans really want at this point.  They won't do that though.  They need to feel clever and smarter than everyone else.  If we get a white Jersey jersey with "Devils" in script instead, I wouldn't be remotely surprised.   

Also agree in that the script "Jersey" crest really kills the overall vibe...they're not that bad otherwise, but for something that was supposedly in the works for so long, damn it's rather derivative:

RELEASE: Blackhawks unveil Winter Classic jersey

With this team's track record of lying to its fans I have zero belief that 1) Brodeur had any hand in designing the jersey and 2) That they worked on it for 2-3 years.

• Like 1