Another New New Jersey Devils Jersey ?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

9 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

From njdevsrr on HF boards hahaha... 

7FB195C6-01A5-4E51-969C-292504126EB2.thumb.png.f37128fe4eb5dd71dcd55b9d9de29844.png

Nameplate should read “OH BOY!”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

Absolutely love these!  Slide a little green in there

I'd say they definitely covered the green quotient with the last RR jerseys heh heh...

And it did work out better than I ever could've expected it to.  Solid "classic" look, and enough red that the initial RR just felt "right".  Of the new Adidases, the RR and Heritage remain my favorites.   

• Like 1

On a side note...weren't the Avs coming up with a Rockies-inspired RR?  I know they technically already have one, but I'm assuming that this new one would be MUCH closer to the original Rockies jerseys.  I can see the original Rockies template being used, with Avs colors being swapped in (similar to what was done with the Nords-inspired RRs).  Could work.  

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

On a side note...weren't the Avs coming up with a Rockies-inspired RR?  I know they technically already have one, but I'm assuming that this new one would be MUCH closer to the original Rockies jerseys.  I can see the original Rockies template being used, with Avs colors being swapped in (similar to what was done with the Nords-inspired RRs).  Could work.  

Too much like their alternate?

819AE3A0-D112-4138-9F20-D85ADBFE41E2.jpeg

Edited by mfitz804

@mfitz804 the one you posted I consider more of a "loosely inspired by"...there's no one element that's all that close to the Rockies jersey.  I'm thinking a Rockies RR will be damned near exactly like the original (complete with no shoulder yoke), but with Avs colors.      

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

@mfitz804 the one you posted I consider more of a "loosely inspired by"...there's no one element that's all that close to the Rockies jersey.  I'm thinking a Rockies RR will be damned near exactly like the original (complete with no shoulder yoke), but with Avs colors.      

That seems a little boring after their alts, but I guess it’s possible.

Just now, mfitz804 said:

That seems a little boring after their alts, but I guess it’s possible.

I'd say it might be cool because that jersey is a part of Colorado NHL history.  There's still fans in Denver and nearby who remember going to McNichols Arena to watch the Rockies...hell, the Avs played their initial seasons in that building (though by then it was clearly dated, though not that all that old).  Seeing a jersey that's very close (I think it should be primarily white, just like the Rockies wore at home) to what those fans remember watching would have to be a hoot for the older fans.  If anything it makes much more sense for them to go with Rockies-inspired RR jersey, than it ever would for the Devils.    

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If anything it makes much more sense for them to go with Rockies-inspired RR jersey, than it ever would for the Devils.    

Definitely agree with that. Meanwhile, the Devils are incorporating elements from teams nobody ever heard of. My 1992-93 roller hockey team is next. 

We wore Capitals jerseys. 

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Definitely agree with that. Meanwhile, the Devils are incorporating elements from teams nobody ever heard of. My 1992-93 roller hockey team is next. 

We wore Capitals jerseys. 

Don't even say that out loud.  It won't surprise me if the Devils came up with something based on the below and said "Oh, by RR you meant another Reverse Retro!  We thought this time around it was for Rockin' Rollers!"

45ed95bdd76147835d21688e16ce02e8.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Don't even say that out loud.  It won't surprise me if the Devils came up with something based on the below and said "Oh, by RR you meant another Reverse Retro!  We thought this time around it was for Rockin' Rollers!"

Every time we got an East Bay catalog in the 90’s I swore I was gonna pick one of those up and I never did. It’s now one of my great regrets. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

My dad once got us tickets to a Rockin Rollers game and when we got to the arena, the parking lot was empty. The tickets had the wrong date printed on them. I'll never forget that. I was so excited to go. Never ended up seeing them.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah wish I’d gone too.  Not sure why so didn’t…I lived so close to the Meadowlands, and went to Devils games all the time.  Would’ve been fun.

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I'd say they definitely covered the green quotient with the last RR jerseys heh heh...

And it did work out better than I ever could've expected it to.  Solid "classic" look, and enough red that the initial RR just felt "right".  Of the new Adidases, the RR and Heritage remain my favorites.   

The heritage are still the best of the bunch, imo. The only Adidas jerseys I’ve purchased have been a game issued red John Ramage (whoever the fvck that is) that I had turned into a Hughes, and a white heritage that I had done up with Hischier. I actually liked the RR a lot but the crest was too low if I’m being nit-picky, and enough has already been said about the Jersey jerseys…

44 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah wish I’d gone too.  Not sure why so didn’t…I lived so close to the Meadowlands, and went to Devils games all the time.  Would’ve been fun.

I always wanted to go to a game too. I had dreams of playing for them since I could actually rollerblade well but when they were around I was dogsh!t as ice skating.

i mean I still mostly am, but I was more so then too lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

The heritage are still the best of the bunch, imo. The only Adidas jerseys I’ve purchased have been a game issued red John Ramage (whoever the fvck that is) that I had turned into a Hughes, and a white heritage that I had done up with Hischier. I actually liked the RR a lot but the crest was too low if I’m being nit-picky, and enough has already been said about the Jersey jerseys…

Yeah I think what I might like most about the Heritage and RR are the non-truncated shoulder yokes.  That always bothered me about the Adidas design, though it looks a little better with shoulder pads to fill out the jersey.

I’ve said it before, but I liked the Heritage and RR enough to make them the home and away jerseys.  Keeping the green as is or swapping that for black would’ve been fine.

I have my fair share of Adidas game worns, but of course prefer the Edges.  I have Bastian’s RR, and one each of Palms’, Coleman’s and Bratt’s Heritage GWs.  Love ‘em all.

28 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Already disavowing your Zacha jersey?? Lol. 

Lol that was a McMullen Nighter.  Still got it.  Wore it to a number of games…in 2021 I really thought that friggin’ guy had turned the corner.  Can’t imagine that I’ll be wearing it to a game anytime soon.  The only other McMullen Nighter that I have is a #33 Auvitu…probably won’t sell the Zacha. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Lol that was a McMullen Nighter.  Still got it.  Wore it to a number of games…in 2021 I really thought that friggin’ guy had turned the corner.  Can’t imagine that I’ll be wearing it to a game anytime soon.  The only other McMullen Nighter that I have is a #33 Auvitu…probably won’t sell the Zacha. 

I would rock the Auvitu before I wore a Zacha lol. Those really unique players that hardly anyone remembers can be kinda cool to wear. Better than remembering the player for all the wrong reasons. Plus - the French thing. There can’t be that many players in the history of the NHL from there. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I would rock the Auvitu before I wore a Zacha lol. Those really unique players that hardly anyone remembers can be kinda cool to wear. Better than remembering the player for all the wrong reasons. Plus - the French thing. There can’t be that many players in the history of the NHL from there. 

Yeah and at this point I would def break out the Auvitu ahead of the Zacha.  I’ve worn the Auvitu out a few times.  Yeah something to be said for “Who?” as opposed to “Oh that fvcking guy”, heh heh.

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They played a few of the games on Sports Channel back then and I really thought it was cool. I’m guessing during the 95 lockout?

10 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

9 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah and at this point I would def break out the Auvitu ahead of the Zacha.  I’ve worn the Auvitu out a few times.  Yeah something to be said for “Who?” as opposed to “Oh that fvcking guy”, heh heh.

I bought a game worn Zacha in feb 2021 while bored quarantining with Covid.   I thought I got a steal buying it before he started really tearing it up.  Haven’t been to a game since the Pandemic started so I’ve yet to wear it but I feel like I need to wear it at least once.  At this point it feels like I’ll get heckled as much as I would wearing a flyers or rangers jersey into the Rock.   

Edited by Lateralous