Another New New Jersey Devils Jersey ?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

51 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

If ya ever looking to start, feel free to hit me up for any info.  

No, i won’t, cause you’ll charge me then you’ll make me give you my entire wallet too.

my only chance is running away and hoping my endurance outlasts yours

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Speaking of… it sounds like Prey is really good. I need to watch it this sometime this weekend. 

Yeah looks like a good flick for sure.  Thinking of checking it out.  

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I hit 325 for a 1RM on the bench yesterday. feels like you’re one of the few here who’d appreciate that number. 

Well done!  The most I ever did for a single rep on the bench was 405, but I was in my early 30s at the time (I’m 52 now).  Right now I max out at about 345 for a single.  I more go for 3-4 rep maxes most of the time…I’m at 320-325 for that.  4 on the first set, 3 for the second and third, probably 2 for the last.  I get warm-up sets in there too of course.

2 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I run a 5x5 program so my current rep weight is 285. but we hit 1RMs yesterday for fun and I’ve never put enough weight on the bar where it bent before. Felt like a badass lmao. 

That’s damned good.  I also do a rep day during the week…240 - 250 for sets of 8.  I find a volume day makes a world of difference.  

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

If I walk on the treadmill for more than 30 minutes, I have paralyzing pain in my back for 2 weeks. 

On top of lifting (3-5 days per week), I try to get 100+ minutes of speedwalking in as well…7-10 miles per day.  Been doing it for years now.  Helps keep the blood sugar levels down.

Well, fvck - they really put blue on a Devils jersey. 

Another one I won’t be getting. 0/2 with the last couple as far as I’m concerned. 

nvm missed the “concept” this isn’t official yet. 

Edited by Nicomo

14 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Well, fvck - they really put blue on a Devils jersey. 

Another one I won’t be getting. 0/2 with the last couple as far as I’m concerned. 

nvm missed the “concept” this isn’t official yet. 

Was gonna say, it’s just the same people saying the same thing again about what they think it might be. He added in that “sources” tell him it will be like the one in the picture. 

I will believe it when I see it, but I can see this being close to the design they use. 

That said, if using our current logo with the original 70’s colors from our franchise’s start is the way they go, that kind of does fit the bill for being a “Reverse Retro” jersey. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

As long as they ditch the Scouts' colors for red and black (or red and green) and simply borrow the stripe template, I can live with it.

If there's blue and yellow in that jersey, I'm probably not going to be a fan.   

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

As long as they ditch the Scouts' colors for red and black (or red and green) and simply borrow the stripe template, I can live with it.

I suspect you will be disappointed. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I suspect you will be disappointed. 

I suspect that your suspicion will be justified.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Already seeing a bunch of people online that like those. :lol:

They will probably sell just like the Jersey jerseys have. 

I think you’ll be proven right on this one.

Blue in any shape or form on a Devils jersey is sacrilege to me.  It’s one thing if it’s a Scouts or Rockies jersey.  I don’t ever want to see that on a Devils jersey.  But looks like it’s happening.

And where’s the “reverse” in that design anyway?  So they might just rip off the Scouts logo and sub in the Devils’ crest?  That’s creative.  At least maybe do some palette swaps with the stripes? 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I’m not buying anything with any blue. fvck that noise. 

• Like 2

Swap out the blue for black and yellow for white, I could live with this concept (saw this elsewhere - yeah, it's not terribly far off from the previous red-and-blacks, but how would that ever be a bad thing?):

qlZagAq.png

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Swap out the blue for black and yellow for white, I could live with this concept (saw this elsewhere - yeah, it's not terribly far off from the previous red-and-blacks, but how would that ever be a bad thing?):

qlZagAq.png

For me the colors are the main issue. If you keep the red black and white (or even red green and white), pretty much any iteration of teh KC or Colorado jerseys would work. 

Although, and I stand firm on this, I don't give a flying fvck about KC or Colorado. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

For me the colors are the main issue. If you keep the red black and white (or even red green and white), pretty much any iteration of teh KC or Colorado jerseys would work. 

Although, and I stand firm on this, I don't give a flying fvck about KC or Colorado

Neither does 98% of the fanbase.  Which is why I've always thought the Devils blew it with the Adidas red-and-blacks.  No one was clamoring for homages to either team to be incorporated into the Devils' jersey template...especially with the end product leading to a clear downgrade.

We've been over it...black '90s-style Starter jerseys with minor design tweaks (or even as is) would've gone over phenomenally well and would've sold in high quantity.  So of course that's not even an option.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Holy sh!t this is fvcking atrocious 

Any Devils jersey with blue on it is atrocious by default.

Like I said, swap out the blue for black and the yellow for white and it’s OK. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Any Devils jersey with blue on it is atrocious by default.

Like I said, swap out the blue for black and the yellow for white and it’s OK. 

This color combo of blue, yellow and red just doesn't work, the blue being highlighted even more with the helmets and it's just so damn ugly. Easily one of the worst designs I've ever seen for an nhl team. Obviously this is just a mock up but good lordy no thanks if they actually do these colors. 

I do agree if you swap the blue and yellow out for red and white I'd be fine with it though. 

Edited by Satans Hockey
  • Like 1