Another New New Jersey Devils Jersey ?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

I think MB3 has pretty much nailed what the final design is going to be.

And that's not good...but unless they plan to tweak what colors are used for the stripes, this is it. 

7 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

It’s absolutely fascinating how this tone deaf team continues to miss the mark. We have seen some incredible mock ups all over the internet and instead we get the new New Jersey jersey and this KC nightmare. 

You are right, in that there’s a LOT of solid fan concepts that blow the doors off the Jersey jersey.

And yeah heaven forbid the Devils even consider an RR based on the original red and blacks.  The Scouts mean nothing to 99% of this fanbase, and I’m being generous. 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

It’s absolutely fascinating how this tone deaf team continues to miss the mark. We have seen some incredible mock ups all over the internet and instead we get the new New Jersey jersey and this KC nightmare. 

I mean, they are literally asking the fans to make them a jersey..

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yes, but it’s a warm up jersey, probably so they don’t have to pay a professional. Like when they did the contest for the PA announcer last year. 

I’m sure they paid him, but I hope not like a professional. 

34 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Yes, but it’s a warm up jersey, probably so they don’t have to pay a professional. Like when they did the contest for the PA announcer last year. 

Sure, I suppose you can spin it any way you want.

5 hours ago, MB3 said:

that’s not a spin. the devils wore like 6 special warmup jerseys last year. barely anyone sees them and barely anyone gives a sh!t, and they DEFINITELY don’t retail.

What are you talking about?  He said there are a lot of nice, fan created mock ups.  Then the Devils ask fans to create mock ups.  So he says the reason they are doing it is to save money.  Like, ok..  Do you think the Devils are going to come out with a controversial black jersey "designed by Brodeur", get blow back, then say "ok you guys make one then."  How dumb would they look?  Right now they are actually throwing a bone to the fans.  Who knows where they take it from there.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Crisis said:

What are you talking about?  He said there are a lot of nice, fan created mock ups.  Then the Devils ask fans to create mock ups.  So he says the reason they are doing it is to save money.  Like, ok..  Do you think the Devils are going to come out with a controversial black jersey "designed by Brodeur", get blow back, then say "ok you guys make one then."  How dumb would they look?  Right now they are actually throwing a bone to the fans.  Who knows where they take it from there.

I'm not sure if they were all fans or not but some local artists and fans had designed some of them last year. Besides the one during the last home game for fan appreciation night the rest were all themes that have to be designed around like cancer awareness, military night, pride night, gender awareness night, Chinese new year, st. Patrick's day. PK helped design the black history month one too. 

This is the one I'm not sure about if it was designed by a fan or not... 

Edited by Satans Hockey

I should have just read the article to begin with lol, $1k for a jersey design is pretty nice... 

https://www.nhl.com/devils/fans/devils-warm-up-jerseys-artist-open-call

"In collaboration with the New Jersey State Council on the Arts and Newark Arts, the New Jersey Devils are having an open call for local artists to submit their portfolios to be considered for the opportunity to design one of the five custom warm-up jerseys for the 2022-23 season. The jersey themes include Hispanic Heritage, Pride, Black History Celebration, Lunar New Year, and Gender Equality.

Send us your work, information, and why you are submitting for the specific jersey theme, and if you are selected you will receive the following:

$1,000 honorarium

Your own custom warm-up jersey

Four tickets to the game that your jersey is worn

Artist Spotlight on Devils social media channels and additional media coverage"

11 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m sure they paid him, but I hope not like a professional. 

Yeah exactly, I’m sure they paid him a much lower amount than they would have had to pay a professional and he didn’t mind because he’s fan and got to live a dream. It was a win win for everyone but the attending crowd

1 hour ago, Crisis said:

The mock ups are for warm up jerseys which rarely even have Devils colors. I’m referring to concepts like the below that while not perfect at least try to capture the Devils logo and colors in a different way. I think the Devils management prefers to slap a logo on a KC Scouts jersey and call it done instead of using some imagination  

1CD4BB6D-191A-45D1-86F4-F736C18F41FB.thumb.jpeg.31c6c15bbeae0f86bc821fe5b0485c16.jpeg07A3E617-6446-48A1-9FAB-2BAB19B114B5.jpeg.6060a4dbdf9b166b74608dd8e3406699.jpeg2175DA22-D3F3-45B4-A690-CD560547C52E.thumb.png.bf0aae57a806d1e3296984e5f2798951.pngA6E51B92-67F8-4A16-92B0-13EA9ADC8B89.jpeg.64257106c93c74a7972a5a93ccfec20b.jpeg61337A50-1D16-4763-84EC-17FF061756C7.thumb.png.1da5a9afe175c0637c3218547e617c6b.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

The mock ups are for warm up jerseys which rarely even have Devils colors. I’m referring to concepts like the below that while not perfect at least try to capture the Devils logo and colors in a different way. I think the Devils management prefers to slap a logo on a KC Scouts jersey and call it done instead of using some imagination  

1CD4BB6D-191A-45D1-86F4-F736C18F41FB.thumb.jpeg.31c6c15bbeae0f86bc821fe5b0485c16.jpeg07A3E617-6446-48A1-9FAB-2BAB19B114B5.jpeg.6060a4dbdf9b166b74608dd8e3406699.jpeg2175DA22-D3F3-45B4-A690-CD560547C52E.thumb.png.bf0aae57a806d1e3296984e5f2798951.pngA6E51B92-67F8-4A16-92B0-13EA9ADC8B89.jpeg.64257106c93c74a7972a5a93ccfec20b.jpeg61337A50-1D16-4763-84EC-17FF061756C7.thumb.png.1da5a9afe175c0637c3218547e617c6b.png

I understand that they are asking for mock ups of practice jerseys.  I also agree that using Scouts colors/logo is going to be lame af.  But you have to appreciate the fact that they are starting to acknowledge and incorporate the fact that the fans can make some pretty cool jerseys too.  I don't see it as they are doing it to "save money".  Maybe it's a way to grab one or some of these talent to help inspire the next one.

Damn...the color rush was EXACTLY what I came up with as a black jersey idea.  A way to pay homage to both the red and black AND red and green. 

Justin Mercer's designs aren't bad either.  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’d buy that black one in a heartbeat. 

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

Me too.

That makes three of us.  

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

But we get a tribute to the KC Scouts instead. Yaaaaaay 🙄

Yeah what I really don't get about it is that literally NO ONE was clamoring for anything Scouts-related.  I'm going to guess that well over half our fanbase knows NOTHING about the Scouts, and why would they?  That team played in the mid-70s and lasted two friggin' seasons!  The only link from the Devils to that franchise was Mike Kitchen.  I could've understood "inspired by the general Scouts template", as long as the Scouts colors were ditched for Devils colors.  But to have friggin' blue and yellow on a Devils jersey...that's just wrong.   

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah what I really don't get about it is that literally NO ONE was clamoring for anything Scouts-related.  I'm going to guess that well over half our fanbase knows NOTHING about the Scouts, and why would they?  That team played in the mid-70s and lasted two friggin' seasons!  The only link from the Devils to that franchise was Mike Kitchen.  I could've understood "inspired by the general Scouts template", as long as the Scouts colors were ditched for Devils colors.  But to have friggin' blue and yellow on a Devils jersey...that's just wrong.   

It just makes so little sense.  At least if they did the old Jersey Devils from the 60’s it would have similar colors and theme. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Watch. People will eat it up and buy them. Just like the Jersey jerseys. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Crisis said:

I understand that they are asking for mock ups of practice jerseys.  I also agree that using Scouts colors/logo is going to be lame af.  But you have to appreciate the fact that they are starting to acknowledge and incorporate the fact that the fans can make some pretty cool jerseys too.  I don't see it as they are doing it to "save money".  Maybe it's a way to grab one or some of these talent to help inspire the next one.

I hear you. I do like that they are sort of listening to fans, but I think it’s a little too late. The Jersey jerseys became a punchline (but in fairness sold well) and instead of listening to fans they went with the KC thing. Maybe next time we’ll get something a little sharper. I do like that we’ve at least entered the 3rd jersey arena, as that was a huge no no for a long time here

42 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Damn...the color rush was EXACTLY what I came up with as a black jersey idea.  A way to pay homage to both the red and black AND red and green. 

Justin Mercer's designs aren't bad either.  

The guy who does that color rush, AC Designs, does concepts for every team using different styles. He has some really great stuff on Instagram

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

It just makes so little sense.  At least if they did the old Jersey Devils from the 60’s it would have similar colors and theme. 

That would have been awesome.  MB3 did a mock up of a jersey with the '60's Devils Crest on a red and black jersey with Scouts striping (with the blue and yellow exorcised of course) that would've been very very cool.  But instead, it's slap a Devils crest onto a white Scouts template, and call it a day.  Hopefully we're proven wrong that that's the final design.  

13 hours ago, MB3 said:

that’s not a spin. the devils wore like 6 special warmup jerseys last year. barely anyone sees them and barely anyone gives a sh!t, and they DEFINITELY don’t retail.

I'd say the HFC and Military ones sell some.  My daughter has a few of the HFC jerseys herself.

And as we know, sadly the black warmups were better than the friggin' Jersey jerseys.  If everything on the black warmups was outlined in red, they would've been even that much more superior to the Jersey jerseys.

• Like 1