Another New New Jersey Devils Jersey ?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

6 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Wonder if this means we'll have the jersey announcement soon... 

Prob all teams will be doing this shortly after labor day prior to pre season.

The 3 tri state jerseys 

Rangers statue of liberty 

Devils scouts (I guess it's history, but its so random and not a fan fav)

Isles.. fisherman jersey is back (I love that jersey)

• Like 1

Why is it many fans criticize every thing Devils management does. "Throwing a bone to the fans" . Not to knock Lou, but this stuff would never happen under his care (gimmicky). We've complained for years they don't do anything to engage fans. I love the above designs/efforts.  It's fun folks. Why try to find fault. 

I love it, & I if available (reasonably priced) would buy warm up jersey. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, vadvlfan said:

Why is it many fans criticize every thing Devils management does. "Throwing a bone to the fans" . Not to knock Lou, but this stuff would never happen under his care (gimmicky). We've complained for years they don't do anything to engage fans. I love the above designs/efforts.  It's fun folks. Why try to find fault. 

I love it, & I if available (reasonably priced) would buy warm up jersey. 

I have no issue with the warm-up jerseys...I bought Hischier's military warm up a couple of years go (won via auction).  If there's ever a time to wear something a little different/out there, it's during the pregame skate.  

I think the Devils nailed the first RR jersey, but like I've said many times, all they did was follow the rules...and I have zero problem with that.  The idea was supposed to be to take an existing jersey template from a franchise's past and swap some colors around.  Some franchises basically did whatever they wanted (to the point of designing another 3rd jersey)...in the Devils' case, the result really came out great.  Also was a big fan of the Heritage jersey.

Not a fan of the Jersey jersey, but clearly many fans are, judging by the amount of them that I see being worn at games.  So clearly those of us who aren't fans appear to be in the minority there.

The problem is that with both the Adidas re-design and the upcoming RR 2.0, the Devils aren't really engaging their fans at all.  The Adidas re-design shoehorned elements of the Scouts, Rockies, and some team no one ever heard of in the Newark Bulldogs into the layout...maybe 5% at absolute most wanted Scouts and Rockies homages as part of the design.  Most Devils fans don't care about one team that lasted two years, and another that lasted six, that played most of their seasons in the 1970s.  For many younger fans, the Devils might as well be an expansion team...they don't care about the franchise's prior stops and given that the Devils have called NJ home since 1982, I don't blame fans for not knowing, not caring, or simply having no interest in pre-NJ franchise history.

And that's what makes a Scouts homage a very odd choice.  It's obviously been discussed, but we are now far enough removed from the pre-Adidas red-and-blacks (which are still plenty popular, and likely always will be) that a RR 2.0 utilizing that template as a starting point would've made a TON of sense...especially with the well-known Starter blacks that still can be seen occasionally at games to this day (even though they date back to the 1990s).  I think a RR 2.0 based off the jerseys the Devils won friggin' THREE CUPS in would've been a real thrill for much of this fanbase.  But nope, gonna basically get the Scouts jerseys, which were kind of an eyesore to begin with, and resonate with just about no one.  As far as the RR 2.0 goes, really feels like a hell of a missed opportunity.  And that's a real shame.  

• Like 2

I own the military jersey from I think two years ago with Palms on the back because it was FINALLY one that wasn’t army or marines shades of camo colors.

The Jersey jersey is ugly for the lone fact it was so easy to appease the fans and they decided to go off the grid and then blame Marty to reduce the heat. It’s grown in many, but I still have zero interest in it and maintain it’s a huge miss by the team.

this team should never have red white and blue on our uniform, period, dot. That’s our rivals colors. End of story. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Crisis said:

This is the best news I've heard all day.  It's early, but still.

Those are based off the Colorado Rockies which unfortunately are similar colors to the Kansas City Scouts so we didn't dodge the bullet just yet. I'm happy the Avalanche are taking the Rockies at least, they can keep them. 

Wish they would move the Coyotes to KC and they can take back the Scouts sh!t too. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Those are based off the Colorado Rockies which unfortunately are similar colors to the Kansas City Scouts so we didn't dodge the bullet just yet. I'm happy the Avalanche are taking the Rockies at least, they can keep them. 

Wish they would move the Coyotes to KC and they can take back the Scouts sh!t too. 

Oh right duh, they look the same to me and I hate them.

image.png.39b2d5f92f4585e3e9f48bb392d5929b.png

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah, not that different, KC had uglier striping. 

Been over it, but the original MO-hawks striping worked out much better with the original MO-hawk logo:

Chris Creamer on Twitter: "Kansas City Scouts prototype made ...

The stripes were supposed to have something of a war paint feel...but of course the side-facing Native American head was excised (for the obvious reason), so then the KC franchise hastily adopted "Scouts" as their nickname and didn't attempt a proper full jersey redesign, and then made the stripes look busier by adding the shoulder and V-neck blue accent to the sleeve and waist stripes...where the original prototype stripes actually tied in reasonably well with the original logo, the tweaked Scouts stripes just looked like garish overkill.

The Rockies jerseys were a huge improvement...and it didn't hurt much that the Scouts colors happened to be damned close to those found on the Colorado state flag, so all the Rockies had to do was tone things down considerably, which they did pretty well.  

And of course, in the initial Rockies preseason, these hybrids made a brief appearance, due to the Rockies jerseys not yet being ready:

Image 1 - Vintage 1977-78 Colorado Rockies Pocket Schedule Coors NHL

23 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

In my opinion, not one of those jerseys is not ugly. 

I don’t mind the MO-hawks prototype. The Scouts jerseys (especially the away blues) were hard on the eyes.  I like the “standard” Rockies jerseys.  

4 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I didn’t mean to say it meant we weren’t using the Scouts thing, I just think it’s poor planning by Adidas and the league to have 2 teams using nearly identical bases for their RR. I believe Adidas and the league are heavily involved in the designs on these correct? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I didn’t mean to say it meant we weren’t using the Scouts thing, I just think it’s poor planning by Adidas and the league to have 2 teams using nearly identical bases for their RR. I believe Adidas and the league are heavily involved in the designs on these correct? 

Yeah it’s exceptionally stupid, actually. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I'm not sure but it's not like they are gonna play each other wearing the jerseys so it's not like it matters. Not really any different than how many teams have red and black and then blue and white color combinations. 

8 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I'm not sure but it's not like they are gonna play each other wearing the jerseys so it's not like it matters. Not really any different than how many teams have red and black and then blue and white color combinations. 

I was thinking the same thing actually. Not like you’ll ever see them on the ice in the same game.  I have much more of an issue with the Devils digging so deep into an obscure past that doesn’t connect with anyone at all (and was hardly an attractive or memorable design to begin with, for the whopping two seasons they were worn during games), than I do with a pair of similar-colored RR 2.0 jerseys hitting the market this season.

And I understand the Avs going with a RR design that represents Colorado’s NHL history (both teams had even played in the same building, though many years apart of course).  Yeah, the franchises are otherwise unrelated, but the Wild completely rocked a North Stars-based RR previously…same situation.  At least people in Denver should have some fun with the whole thing (especially older fans).

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, so I bought a replica Jersey jersey and I’m going to send it out for customizing. Obviously I want a goalie. Do I take my chances on Blackwood, knowing his future is uncertain, or should I go with a rookie year Daws jersey?

I feel like at this point, even if he never makes it back to the NHL, at least it was his rookie year and he had the best showing in the season we first wore them. 

Should I get a Daws? 

28 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Ok, so I bought a replica Jersey jersey and I’m going to send it out for customizing. Obviously I want a goalie. Do I take my chances on Blackwood, knowing his future is uncertain, or should I go with a rookie year Daws jersey?

I feel like at this point, even if he never makes it back to the NHL, at least it was his rookie year and he had the best showing in the season we first wore them. 

Should I get a Daws? 

No, I would go Blackwood

33 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Should I get a Daws? 

Vitek Vanacek give a dog a bone!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Should I get a Daws? 

Feels like you're doomed either way, I don't trust any of our goalies not to disappoint. 

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Vitek Vanacek give a dog a bone!

Skeptical of doing that on the event he plays 4 games and blows out a hip lol. 

43 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Feels like you're doomed either way, I don't trust any of our goalies not to disappoint. 

True, but Can I be disappointed by Daws if he isn’t playing? Maybe not lol. 

• Like 2