Another New New Jersey Devils Jersey ?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Why does homage need to be paid to an era of the franchise nobody cares about or remembers with any fondness at all? It's like with the stripes at the bottom of the stupid black jersey. Because some hockey team played a handful of games in Newark in 1830 and had a bunch of jersey stripes we need give them a "nod".

Stop paying homage to worthless trash your fans don't care about. This is not some proud history worth revisiting. Nobody has any ounce of nostalgia for it.

They already screwed up badly with the black Jersey jersey. You can actually hear groans in the arena when fans at the game see the Devils take the ice in these. Though I believe they are forced to wear them for two or three seasons. But overall the Devils need to be more receptive to their fans when coming up with this stuff.

Edited by '7'
  • Like 2

On 10/20/2022 at 12:35 PM, NJDevils1214 said:

Everyone: Doesn't like it.

Also Everyone: Buys it anyway.

I have zero faith people will keep their money in their wallets regardless of how they feel.

Do they? I don't see many Jersey jerseys in the stands or arena during the games. Or anywhere really. I see way way more home and road 80s red and green jerseys. A few fans bought them but the reaction and response to them was overwhelmingly negative.

2 hours ago, '7' said:

Why does homage need to be paid to an era of the franchise nobody cares about or remembers with any fondness at all? It's like with the stripes at the bottom of the stupid black jersey. Because some hockey team played a handful of games in Newark in 1830 and had a bunch of jersey stripes we need give them a "nod".

Stop paying homage to worthless trash your fans don't care about. This is not some proud history worth revisiting. Nobody has any ounce of nostalgia for it.

They already screwed up badly with the black Jersey jersey. You can actually hear groans in the arena when fans at the game see the Devils take the ice in these. Though I believe they are forced to wear them for two or three seasons. But overall the Devils need to be more receptive to their fans when coming up with this stuff.

I brought it up earlier, but as far as a RR goes, I've grown to like this one, because it pays dual homage to the Rockies and Devils from 1982 (obviously the only year in franchise history when the franchise played both in Colorado and New Jersey) without trying to be annoyingly clever about it.  Basically it's a 1982 home Devils jersey (right down to the name and number fonts from that era), with Rockies colors...a real mashup of both.  I find it much less "obnoxious" than the standard Adidas jerseys and the Jersey jerseys, which seemed to be designed with the idea that shoving as many "Aren't we so clever?" Easter eggs into the layout was the best way to go.  Not when it results in inferior designs it isn't.

2 hours ago, '7' said:

Do they? I don't see many Jersey jerseys in the stands or arena during the games. Or anywhere really. I see way way more home and road 80s red and green jerseys. A few fans bought them but the reaction and response to them was overwhelmingly negative.

I go to a lot of games (been to three already) and a LOT of fans are wearing these and were also wearing them last season...MANY more than I ever would've expected.  A lot of fans like these.  That surprises the hell outta me too. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I go to a lot of games (been to three already) and a LOT of fans are wearing these and were also wearing them last season...MANY more than I ever would've expected.  A lot of fans like these.  That surprises the hell outta me too. 

They really grew on me. I would be much happier if it said "Devils" in the script font and it wasn't such a joke. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

They really grew on me. I would be much happier if it said "Devils" in the script font and it wasn't such a joke. 

That would have helped some.  Also if the black and white stripes were red and white.  There needs to be more red.  

1 hour ago, '7' said:

Dude I see tons of them every time I go. People are buying those Jersey jerseys, as much as I hate to admit it. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Dude I see tons of them every time I go. People are buying those Jersey jerseys, as much as I hate to admit it. 

Same, I don't like them either but they are definitely selling. I don't hear groans at the games either. 

It's just a shame it wasn't something better cause they would have really flown off the shelves if they were good. I definitely won't ever pay money for one.

Side note, I'm surprised we don't have a reverse retro jersey schedule yet. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The newest addition to the collection 

B264B286-D598-4F36-80F1-34392F1F889F.png

A9364922-C955-4097-B5E1-03A4CED47079.png

Damn looks pretty well made.

Would love to add a GW Nico to the collection someday…I have one of his Military Night warmups.  Also have a RR (Adidas “authentic”) Hischier that has an “A” instead of a “C”.  That’s a basement jersey heh heh.  

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Would love to add a GW Nico to the collection someday…I have one of his Military Night warmups.  Also have a RR (Adidas “authentic”) Hischier that has an “A” instead of a “C”.  That’s a basement jersey heh heh.  

Yeah it’s a solid jersey. Got a good deal on it too.

40 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

The newest addition to the collection 

B264B286-D598-4F36-80F1-34392F1F889F.png

A9364922-C955-4097-B5E1-03A4CED47079.png

Obviously it looks awesome. I’m looking at potentially having to pick up a new one just because I want to have one with the 40th patch, which I bought for my Jersey jersey and they didn’t put them on there. 

Sure I will go for a RR, so maybe they will use it on those. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

My Hischier is a white heritage “authentic” with no letter. It sucks they never wore those jerseys again after that year. I’d love to add a C to it, but it would bother my OCD since he wasn’t captain then. 

Edited by Nicomo
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Nicomo said:

My Hischier is a white heritage “authentic” with no letter. It sucks they never wore those jerseys again after that year. I’d love to add a C to it, but it would bother my OCD since he wasn’t captain then. 

Yeah to me the Heritage is the best jersey of the Adidas era, followed by the red and green RR.  If the Devils had ever decided to switch to those full-time as is or swap out the green for black, I’d consider that an improvement over the Floaties.  Very curious to see what the next design is, once Adidas’ contract runs out after next season.  I get the feeling we’ll see something different…I’d happily take something close to the 1992-2017 era layout, but doubt that happens.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

Guessing maaaaaaaaybe the latest RR designing crew could’ve been watching Boogie Nights when the first lightbulbs started going off…

image.jpeg.01838a9fc9bcd17e4e1b52ac9b4683a6.jpeg

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Apparently from nhl 23, it's absolutely putrid... 

1667923609245-png.605018

Stripe ratios are wrong...and the blue looks closer to purple.  That's definitely not helping.  

Just now, Nicomo said:

I wouldn’t wear one of those if you gave it to me for free. 

Can we please get some top notch jerseys soon to match the level of play on the ice? 

For their "normal" jerseys, I'm hoping the Adidas layouts are ditched after next season.  All they have to do is go back to the 1992-2017 layout, and I doubt ANYONE complains.  

• Like 1