Another New New Jersey Devils Jersey ?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

4 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

I hope this is just a prediction because holy fvck it's ugly. I hate the color blue so much. 

And I’m not going to be a fan of this particular design no matter what, but that blue below the shoulder stripes is a mess…WHY?!  The original Scouts whites did NOT have that as part of the design.  And adding that extra blue there is hardly an improvement…it looks like the top of a Scouts blue jersey was chopped off and added to a Scouts white.  So if this is indeed the actual design, we’re basically getting a Frankenscouts RR.  fvcking outstanding.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

So if this is indeed the actually design, we’re basically getting a Frankenscouts RR.  fvcking outstanding.  

Sounds about right. I expect nothing less from the brain trust who brought us the jerseys paying homage to the Newark bullfrogs or wtv the fvck. 

2 hours ago, bobilly45 said:

I like both ny teams jerseys.... these owners have produced hideous jerseys. 

I’m good with the white Heritage and the first RR, but those were based off old templates with very little (if any) creativity involved.  The Adidases pale in comparison to what they replaced, and the Jersey jerseys are a punchline (but they keep on sellin’).  So yeah not exactly a great jersey run here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Sounds about right. I expect nothing less from the brain trust who brought us the jerseys paying homage to the Newark bullfrogs or wtv the fvck. 

And those “Oh my aren’t we just SO clever with our unnecessary references and Easter eggs” design elements do little more than irritate the sh!t out of me.  Especially when the results are nothing to crow about…at ALL.

12 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Enjoy

LOL

Maybe someone in the Devils “or-gan-I-zation” thought it was supposed to be “Perverse Retro”?

Upon further thought, I get the feeling the artist rendering is wrong, in that he doesn’t realize that the blue underneath the shoulder stripes (the worst design element of this jersey) isn’t at all part of the original Scouts whites…if that part of the overall design is eliminated, then they’re not quite as bad.  I still don’t love them by any stretch, but instead of being a 1 out of 10, they go to being, say, a 3 out of 10.  

14 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Maybe someone in the Devils “or-gan-I-zation” thought it was supposed to be “Perverse Retro”?

Upon further thought, I get the feeling the artist rendering is wrong, in that he doesn’t realize that the blue underneath the shoulder stripes (the worst design element of this jersey) isn’t at all part of the original Scouts whites…if that part of the overall design is eliminated, then they’re not quite as bad.  I still don’t love them by any stretch, but instead of being a 1 out of 10, they go to being, say, a 3 out of 10.  

Is it because all of the addidas jerseys seem to have that shoulder yoke? Or maybe it's just a template they are using for the mock ups?

My reflection is that we are currently paying for Lou sticking with two of the best jerseys the NHL has ever seen for 20 years with nothing else to draw inspiration from. 

Once again a legacy of success and quality coming back to bite us on the ass now times have changed. 

22 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Is it because all of the addidas jerseys seem to have that shoulder yoke? Or maybe it's just a template they are using for the mock ups?

My reflection is that we are currently paying for Lou sticking with two of the best jerseys the NHL has ever seen for 20 years with nothing else to draw inspiration from. 

Once again a legacy of success and quality coming back to bite us on the ass now times have changed. 

The thing is those awesome pre-Adidas jerseys are basically legit Retro jerseys now.  We’ve talked about the black Starter jerseys as a template inspiration for a new RR…hell, take out the red shoulder yoke from that design, then swap the red and white in the striping (as well as the crest), and that design would’ve not only have fit what’s supposed to be the RR criteria, but would’ve both new AND pretty damned cool, not to mention simple and clean.  But nope, Frankenscouts it is.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Every team in the metro knocked their alternate jersey out of the fvcking park, and this numbnuts organization decided "hey let's honor a team that nobody gives a fvck about and make a blue and yellow devils jersey!!!" 

Well there's still hope, that video certainly doesn't show anything that resembles KC yet. 

Or maybe it's like @Colorado Rockies 1976mentioned in the past and it's just the KC Scouts jersey with our colors.

Saw some comments that it's gonna be released tomorrow so we'll see soon enough. 

Another glimmer of hope. All of the reported insider info ont he Nashville jersey had been that it's going to be Navy. Well by the looks of things it's not (although again this is another leaked imaged so who the fvck knows lol). 

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Novo has been throwing around the red circle-less logo idea that some others mentioned on this board:

Knowing our luck they will just be changing our primary logo from next season on all the standard Jerseys.

2 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Another glimmer of hope. All of the reported insider info ont he Nashville jersey had been that it's going to be Navy. Well by the looks of things it's not (although again this is another leaked imaged so who the fvck knows lol). 

Cool to see the orange NHL logo back, I always liked that one 

I also didn't realize that reverse retro video is just generic for every team...