Another New New Jersey Devils Jersey ?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

9 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I have a bad feeling they're still gonna force blue into it.... Our rival's primary color and I know they're going to force it on us...

The common thread with most of the post-Edge jerseys, from the Devils' perspective:

"What's a design that would look really cool and have some real meaning and appeal to most of our fanbase?  Well let's not do that.  Instead we'll come up with layouts that aren't really anything all that special, but at least we'll shoehorn as many 'aren't we clever' Easter eggs as possible (paying homages to teams almost NO ONE in New Jersey cares the least bit about)...because that's what fans love to do when they're wearing a jersey...explain all of the obscure references within!"

No Devils fan ever:  "Hey, see that thin black border at bottom of my jersey!  Betcha didn't know that's an homage to the Newark Bulldogs, didya?  And those fat stripes that look like floaties?  That's the same ratio at the Colorado Rockies sleeve stripes!  Isn't that fascinating?  ISN'T IT?"

🤬

And of course, you'd think with ALL the goofy unnecessary references to teams that played at some point in NJ, that they'd actually eventually reference the DEVILS from the EHL...the ones who also wore red and black and EVEN HAD fvckING JERSEY ON DISPLAY AT THE ROCK!  Nope.

As the singer from Stillwater in Almost Famous said..."Is it so hard to make us look cool?!"    

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The common thread with most of the post-Edge jerseys, from the Devils' perspective:

"What's a design that would look really cool and have some real meaning and appeal to most of our fanbase?  Well let's not do that.  Instead we'll come up with layouts that aren't really anything all that special, but at least we'll shoehorn as many 'aren't we clever' Easter eggs as possible (paying homages to teams almost NO ONE in New Jersey cares the least bit about)...because that's what fans love to do when they're wearing a jersey...explain all of the obscure references within!"

No Devils fan ever:  "Hey, see that thin black border at bottom of my jersey!  Betcha didn't know that's an homage to the Newark Bulldogs, didya?  And those fat stripes that look like floaties?  That's the same ratio at the Colorado Rockies sleeve stripes!  Isn't that fascinating?  ISN'T IT?"

🤬

And of course, you'd think with ALL the goofy unnecessary references to teams that played at some point in NJ, that they'd actually eventually reference the DEVILS from the EHL...the ones who also wore red and black and EVEN HAD fvckING JERSEY ON DISPLAY AT THE ROCK!  Nope.

As the singer from Stillwater in Almost Famous said..."Is it so hard to make us look cool?!"    

That EHL Devils is a layup. Already the right colors, nickname, state. But no the East Newark Bullfrogs played a game of pickup softball in 1903 with 4 stripes and an artichoke in their pockets so here’s 11 stripes representing all of the players in that team. 

Even dumber, is this not the 40th anniversary? Wouldn’t it make sense to do something involving the original jerseys at least then? Hell it’s the 30th anniversary of the red and black, I think. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That EHL Devils is a layup.

There were some fan mock-ups of a Scouts jersey in white, black and red with a Jersey Devil like the EHL logo in place of the Native American/horse on the Scouts logo. 

That may not have been perfect, but it was a pretty good fvcking idea. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

There were some fan mock-ups of a Scouts jersey in white, black and red with a Jersey Devil like the EHL logo in place of the Native American/horse on the Scouts logo. 

That may not have been perfect, but it was a pretty good fvcking idea. 

I could go for that. Hell I could even go for the Scouts jersey in red and black with a Devils logo. Blue and yellow just doesn’t make sense for the Devils in my opinion 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The easy answer was right there, RIGHT DUCKING THERE, and THEY STILL SCREWED IT UP.

i hate how these guys think they’re the smartest people in the room and blatantly ignore the obvious answers. 

problem is people are still going to buy these en masse, and they’ll see this as a huge win. Jersey Jersey 2.0

• Like 2

Just now, jagknife said:

The easy answer was right there, RIGHT DUCKING THERE, and THEY STILL SCREWED IT UP.

i hate how these guys think they’re the smartest people in the room and blatantly ignore the obvious answers. 

problem is people are still going to buy these en masse, and they’ll see this as a huge win. Jersey Jersey 2.0

I’m not so sure these will sell like Jersey jerseys have. 

Well if Wonder Bread ever decides to advertise on these...suffice it to say it's a match made in Hell.

They're actually not as bad as I thought they were going to be.  Which is a nice way of saying that that instead of a 1, I give it a 2...the stripes are much less busy than I was expecting, and that is mostly definitely a good thing.  And they're going with the 1982 Devils number font, which is pretty cool.  But then I have to dock it a point because...THERE'S fvckING BLUE IN THE JERSEY.  So we're back to a 1.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

As it stands, this sorta looks like when a pro shop irons the right crest on the wrong jersey.

Ouch.

• Like 2

The sad thing is the stripe and shoulder yoke layouts really aren't bad...if you ditched the blue and yellow for black and green, could've been a fun look.  But that yellow and blue...goddamn that yellow and blue...

• Like 2