Jump to content

Another New New Jersey Devils Jersey ?


Chimaira_Devil_#9
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Crisis said:

The Devils and the Avalanche are both reverse retro-ing to the same team that won a total of 113 games in 6 seasons ( including 0 playoff games).

At least the Avalanche are actually in Colorado.

I found their Rockies-inspired RR to be pretty meh too, but at least there's fans there who can actually remember going to games.  And at least the Avs played in the same building as the Rockies did when they first moved from Quebec.

We all have great ideas for great jerseys.  Too bad the Devils don't.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, MB3 said:

i often wonder if the future of our fanbase is like reddit whether I will stop being a devils fan altogether one year. 

all off-season, r/devils kept saying “if there’s blue and yellow it will be atrocious”. when the concept came out a few days ago showing a blue and yellow jersey, everyone said “oh no, ew.” 

the devils just put this out and the place nearly unanimously loves it. people who dislike it are being downvoted into oblivion. i called it a clown outfit and sat at 20 downvotes with 2 people telling me i’m “not a fan of the team” before i eventually got suspended for…. disliking the uniform. 

it’s no wonder this team can skate by in mediocrity-at-best for a decade. these lemmings just gulp down whatever our sad sack piece of trash organization force feeds down their throat. 

Reddit is another place full of morons. 

If this team ever folds or moves away I'd 100% be done with the NHL. Everything to make a buck, nonstop gambling ads, ads on helmets, ads on jerseys, horrible digital ads for a sport that was already the worst to watch on TV that's now even worse to watch. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Idk I kinda like it and I'm probably gonna get one, I'm tired of the green personally. I'm just happy they did something different and I think it works. To each their own I guess. I always wanted a black jersey but those jersey jerseys are horrible as we all know. At least to me I wouldn't be embarrassed wearing this.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I might have to sell these games so I don't have a stroke seeing them on the ice. 

1 minute ago, SeanMac16 said:

Idk I kinda like it and I'm probably gonna get one, I'm tired of the green personally. I'm just happy they did something different and I think it works. To each their own I guess. I always wanted a black jersey but those jersey jerseys are horrible as we all know. At least to me I wouldn't be embarrassed wearing this.

I'm no fan of the jersey jerseys but at least it's our colors and our state 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, SeanMac16 said:

Idk I kinda like it and I'm probably gonna get one, I'm tired of the green personally. I'm just happy they did something different and I think it works. To each their own I guess. I always wanted a black jersey but those jersey jerseys are horrible as we all know. At least to me I wouldn't be embarrassed wearing this.

The bolded...exactly.  If some like 'em, they like 'em.

As I digest this, I actually think much of it works...but it's got the wrong logo and the wrong team will be wearing it.  Put a slightly tweaked version of the Rockies crest on there, and I think it's a killer RR for the AVALANCHE.  Better than the one they came up with, anyway.  Would've made for a solid re-imaging of the Rockies whites.  But having the Devils logo on there just makes the whole package not seem right.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I might have to sell these games so I don't have a stroke seeing them on the ice. 

I'm no fan of the jersey jerseys but at least it's our colors and our state 

That's fair, they may have gone a little too "retro" going back to before we were NJ. But the only other option we have for nj is that green we've done already. I'll deal with being called a loaf of wonder bread on this one lol 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

We are the only team in this entire picture that isn't wearing something that isn't their colors or from a team that played in their city... NF9qVos.thumb.jpg.6291ee79c324d2c0cc9fb416d088b5be.jpg

looks like Chicago and Detroit hired the same designer 

Just now, MadDog2020 said:

I really like Calgary’s.

Yeah that is cool

I do too. I really loved that original design in the 1990s. St Louis was a cool idea, going back to a concept jersey from the 60’s

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

It hurts me to say it, but this is cool. 

 

 

The Whalers tried that look too, but it led to players accelerating when sliding…especially painful when they careened into the boards.  Both the Flyers and Whalers ditched that pretty quickly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The Whalers tried that look too, but it led to players accelerating when sliding…especially painful when they careened into the boards.  Both the Flyers and Whalers ditched that pretty quickly.

I just saw them on a highlight from a Gretzky goal (maybe 50 goals in 39 games) and I thought they looked pretty cool. I wondered why more teams didn’t use them until I read about the sliding issue

Edited by Devil Dan 56
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They wore the green ones 6x last season so I guess it will be something similar again but looks like they will be worn on the road this time too, I don't remember if wore the greens on the road last season.

If they are wearing the jersey jerseys 13 times again(in honor of our captain Nico cause that's so fvcking cute and clever) that's 19 out of 41 home games, almost half that they aren't wearing the red jerseys. Yuck. 

"Each team will wear the adidas Reverse Retro ADIZERO Authentic jersey in multiple games during the 2022-23 NHL® season, including during special head-to-head matchups beginning Nov. 2 and continuing into early 2023."

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

They wore the green ones 6x last season so I guess it will be something similar again but looks like they will be worn on the road this time too, I don't remember if wore the greens on the road last season.

If they are wearing the jersey jerseys 13 times again(in honor of our captain Nico cause that's so fvcking cute and clever) that's 19 out of 41 home games, almost half that they aren't wearing the red jerseys. Yuck. 

"Each team will wear the adidas Reverse Retro ADIZERO Authentic jersey in multiple games during the 2022-23 NHL® season, including during special head-to-head matchups beginning Nov. 2 and continuing into early 2023."

I thought the 13 times was the league rule for alternate jerseys? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I thought the 13 times was the league rule for alternate jerseys? 

I have no clue about the rest of the league but they literally said they were wearing them 13 times in honor of Nico being the captain. 

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/devils-unveil-first-third-jersey--release/c-328228578

"New Jersey will wear the sweater 13 times - as a nod to Devils captain, 22-year old Nico Hischier , who wears jersey #13"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

I have no clue about the rest of the league but they literally said they were wearing them 13 times in honor of Nico being the captain. 

https://www.nhl.com/devils/news/devils-unveil-first-third-jersey--release/c-328228578

"New Jersey will wear the sweater 13 times - as a nod to Devils captain, 22-year old Nico Hischier , who wears jersey #13"

That was last year. I believe 10 is the minimum number of dates. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.