Another New New Jersey Devils Jersey ?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

9 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I think I’d appreciate these more if the Jersey jersey had been better. If we had made a nice black jersey with the red logo maybe I’d get having to go back into history for the next jersey. 

But while I don’t like blue and yellow on our jersey, I do understand the Devils not wanting to have a second black jersey while still wearing the first one 10 games a year. So I’m not a fan of them but I get it. I guess. 

Makes sense. So do so many other things other than the jersey they made, but I digress. 

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think with a tweaked, semi-modernized version of the Rockies or Scouts crest, that color scheme and layout actually does work.  Not as much with the Devils crest, especially since they didn't add yellow into any of the crst rings (would've at least tied the look together a little better)...they might as well have gone with a Scouts crest, especially since those jerseys had a shoulder yoke.  It would actually have improved the overall look.    

Exactly, they could have had a yellow NJ with a blue ring or something, otherwise, I love the rest of the jersey.

1 hour ago, Puckbuster said:

Exactly, they could have had a yellow NJ with a blue ring or something, otherwise, I love the rest of the jersey.

I think main white part of the crest could’ve been made yellow.  If you’re gonna commit to that color scheme, fvck it, go all the way with it!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

Don't let this awesome win distract you from thinking it's ok that we have blue on our jerseys

#BurgerKingWonders

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

The only good thing about these monstrosities is they make me actually appreciate our current jerseys more.

I’m actually starting to like them a little, but I have to look through a very specific lens in order to feel that way.

If I take the “Goddammit, what’s with this blue sh!t on a Devils jersey?!” viewpoint, I hate ‘em.

If I take the “Why the hell couldn’t the Devils just have done something from the Devils era of this franchise?!” view, I hate ‘em.

Any “Burger King Wonders” references, same deal.

BUT, if I look at it as “OK, imagine some alternate timeline where for some reason the Devils decided not to adopt a new color scheme, and simply went with the Scouts and Rockies colors, with everything else about the inaugural Devils jersey design being EXACTLY the same (right down to the number font)” scenario, especially considering that it was 1982…I can find a way to…well…get more of a kick out of them, and actually like ‘em…somewhat.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’m actually starting to like them a little, but I have to look through a very specific lens in order to feel that way.

If I take the “Goddammit, what’s with this blue sh!t on a Devils jersey?!” viewpoint, I hate ‘em.

If I take the “Why the hell couldn’t the Devils just have done something from the Devils era of this franchise?!” view, I hate ‘em.

BUT, if I look at it as “OK, imagine some alternate timeline where for some reason the Devils decided not to adopt a new color scheme, and simply went with the Scouts and Rockies colors, with everything else about the inaugural Devils jersey design being EXACTLY the same (right down to the number font)” scenario, especially considering that it was 1982…I can find a way to…well…get more of a kick out of them, and actually like ‘em…somewhat.

I’m coming around on it a little also. The blue thing doesn’t bother me. Our franchise’s original jerseys were blue. A lot of teams have blue. I don’t look at this jersey and say “aaah it’s blue, that’s the Rangers”. 

I think there are MANY designs that would have been better. But it is what it’s supposed to be, retro with a twist. 

But you can’t go by me, I came around on the black alternates too, and not because of the meme quality of saying you went to the arena and bought a new New Jersey “Jersey” jersey. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m coming around on it a little also. The blue thing doesn’t bother me. Our franchise’s original jerseys were blue. A lot of teams have blue. I don’t look at this jersey and say “aaah it’s blue, that’s the Rangers”. 

I think there are MANY designs that would have been better. But it is what it’s supposed to be, retro with a twist. 

But you can’t go by me, I came around on the black alternates too, and not because of the meme quality of saying you went to the arena and bought a new New Jersey “Jersey” jersey. 

Oh for sure, not saying that they’re a home run…but at least they’re not a total whiff to me now.  More like an infield single off a broken bat.

The black alternates will never connect with me because not only is a lot of it blatantly derivative (Blackhawks alternates), they just could have been SO much cooler.  Should have been, really.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Nicomo said:
Holy sh!t kill it with fire! :lol:

Gotta admit, they grew on me...ever since I chose the "Alternative 1982 timeline" viewpoint...and with that color scheme, they do evoke how the late 70s/early 80s "felt", if that makes any sense.   

Of course in this timeline, that also means Biff is corrupt, powerful, and married to Marty McFly's mother.  

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I don’t even really care who it’s paying homage to, or that there’s blue in it, but those 3 colors just look awful together, imo. 

And that’s why the BK Wonders (that’s what I’m calling them from now on) actually work in that odd way…the late 70s/80s were chock full of seriously awful fashion trends.  I could see that color scheme painted on a wall in some mall arcade somewhere…or a roller rink.  Like, totally.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Nicomo said:

I don’t even really care who it’s paying homage to, or that there’s blue in it, but those 3 colors just look awful together, imo. 

The 1990s called and said "don't forget about us when it comes to awful colors!"