Jump to content

Another New New Jersey Devils Jersey ?


Chimaira_Devil_#9
 Share

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Supposedly the Colorado Avalanche reverse retro 2.0 will be Rockies based, including Rockies colors so it looks like ours will be Devils based. I can’t see them going Kansas City. Just doesn’t make sense 

Retro red and green colors but with “Jersey” across the front. That’ll cause a riot. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Supposedly the Colorado Avalanche reverse retro 2.0 will be Rockies based, including Rockies colors so it looks like ours will be Devils based. I can’t see them going Kansas City. Just doesn’t make sense 

As it should be, I get the whole "franchise" thing but the Rockies and Scouts were never our teams, they were Colroados and Kansas Citys. Never made any sense to me for our team to pay homage to those former failed teams. At least there are some people in Colorado who actually saw the Rockies play live and will enjoy those member berries. 

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Retro red and green colors but with “Jersey” across the front. That’ll cause a riot. 

I'd pwefer that over the current boring black one. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Supposedly the Colorado Avalanche reverse retro 2.0 will be Rockies based, including Rockies colors so it looks like ours will be Devils based. I can’t see them going Kansas City. Just doesn’t make sense 

They've already done a Rockies-inspired third, so not surprised.  A Rockies template with Avs colors could be kind of cool...and let's face it, even though other franchises have gone with "previous city"-inspired designs (including the Avs themselves, with the Nordiques-based RR), I think it makes more sense for the Avs to take the Rockies layout, than for the Devils to use it.  There's probably oldsters in Denver who still remember going to Rockies games...Rockies RRs will be much more fun for those fans than it would ever be for ours.

That settles it...black Devils jersey (Starter template will do, if they want to keep things safe/simple).  If not that, at least either the NJ logo we all know and love, or the EHL Jersey Devils as the crest.  If the Devils insist on honoring a past team, use MB3's Scouts stripe tribute...I can live with that.

Greatest fear:  A white version of the Jersey jersey, with "Devils" in script, instead of "Jersey".  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we're kidding ourselves if we don't at least mention this is the likely route they go. And, while I don't love it, it's a lot better than the current ones. (EDIT: looks like Fitzy beat me to the punch)

 

green jersey jersey.jpg

 

I tend to think this would be thrown away during design development because a cursive font over a red-and-green background is immediately christmas, haha. may as well say "Merry and Bright" 

Edited by MB3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, MB3 said:

Going off on a tangent here but it really is amazing how much more I'd like the Jersey jerseys if they just tossed our actual, ya know, logo in there.

 

It still boggles my mind that the logo is literally NO WHERE to be seen on that jersey. Nobody thought to stick them on the shoulders even? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I think we're kidding ourselves if we don't at least mention this is the likely route they go. And, while I don't love it, it's a lot better than the current ones. (EDIT: looks like Fitzy beat me to the punch)

 

green jersey jersey.jpg

 

I tend to think this would be thrown away during design development because a cursive font over a red-and-green background is immediately christmas, haha. may as well say "Merry and Bright" 

For fvck's sake, that is 1,000% improvement thought up by a couple of knuckleheads (independently) in a message board. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

I think we're kidding ourselves if we don't at least mention this is the likely route they go. And, while I don't love it, it's a lot better than the current ones. (EDIT: looks like Fitzy beat me to the punch)

I think if they insist on another "scripted" jersey, it will read "Devils", instead of "Jersey".  Just a hunch.

My nightmare scenario (white version of the Jersey jersey, with "Devils" replacing "Jersey)...somehow I can almost definitely see that happening...but it would be just like the current organization to double-down on a template that very few fans seem to be terribly fond of...and then tell us all how we'll grow to love it in time, because they know what's best for us, even if we're too dumb to see it.  

The sad truth:  there's a lot of potentially cool directions a new RR jersey can take.  And the organization will go in the completely opposite direction.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The sad truth:  there's a lot of potentially cool directions a new RR jersey can take.  And the organization will go in the completely opposite direction.  

I would have disagreed based on the first round of RR. But then the new New Jersey “Jersey” jersey happened. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I think if they insist on another "scripted" jersey, it will read "Devils", instead of "Jersey".  Just a hunch.

My nightmare scenario (white version of the Jersey jersey, with "Devils" replacing "Jersey)...somehow I can almost definitely see that happening...but it would be just like the current organization to double-down on a template that very few fans seem to be terribly fond of...and then tell us all how we'll grow to love it in time, because they know what's best for us, even if we're too dumb to see it.  

The sad truth:  there's a lot of potentially cool directions a new RR jersey can take.  And the organization will go in the completely opposite direction.  

That's because the empty suits in charge not only think they know us, but that they know BETTER than us.  When the RR 2.0 design comes out and it is a disaster, I wonder if they will scramble to get Elias to agree to say he partially designed it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

That's because the empty suits in charge not only think they know us, but that they know BETTER than us.  When the RR 2.0 design comes out and it is a disaster, I wonder if they will scramble to get Elias to agree to say he partially designed it.

There's a (small) part of me that's hoping that they take the same approach that they did with RR 1.0...a simple color-swap of a previous Devils template (the pre-Adidas red and black would really be the only qualifier, since red and green was covered with RR 1.0).  No real thought or creativity, which in the Devils' case would eliminate the risk of something god-awful.  Seriously, I know I've mentioned it, but the '90s Black Starter jersey either 1) in its original form, 2) with the red shoulder yoke eliminated, or 3) the red yoke retained but with a white border stripe added...would ANYONE object to any of those, lack of imagination be damned?  Besides, it's supposed to be a simple REVERSE RETRO...not an alternate or third.  If the Devils can just stick to that script, everyone wins.  This can be so easy...not to mention man would that wash away the sh!tty taste of the Jersey jerseys. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

That's because the empty suits in charge not only think they know us, but that they know BETTER than us.  When the RR 2.0 design comes out and it is a disaster, I wonder if they will scramble to get Elias to agree to say he partially designed it.

“We’re on the cutting edge of trend setting. Trust us, you mouth breathing idiots will love this design and if not, it is you all who are wrong. Your attachment to legacy holds you back from truly appreciating the nuances of the future.” - the Jersey design team, assuredly. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/26/2022 at 2:56 PM, Rock said:

i'll just stick with my jerseys from the early 90's and championship eras 😃

Yup.  I refuse to purchase a jersey because I hated the red home redesign and hated the Jersey Jersey even more.  If the Devils didn't give me new jerseys every 5 years as part of my season ticket plan, I would be rocking the 90's Niedermayer, Brodeur, and Stevens jerseys in perpetuity. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Saw this on Reddit. I’m in favor if they can make them glow like this. 
 

 

E1071C17-8FDF-4873-ABA6-53BE81EA6CF5.jpeg

Danny Devito No GIF by reactionseditor
 

But with Colorado supposedly using the same color scheme I can’t see the Devils also doing it

Edited by Devil Dan 56
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Danny Devito No GIF by reactionseditor
 

But with Colorado supposedly using the same color scheme I can’t see the Devils also doing it

I dislike it as there is nothing “reverse” about that retro. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.