Another New New Jersey Devils Jersey ?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Another Reddit suggestion. 

F85171E7-0723-4FBC-9213-0888E50B96E3.jpeg

Kinda like MB3’s.  I like this one, but like MB3‘s concept more.  

33 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I dislike it as there is nothing “reverse” about that retro. 

A few teams are going to have to really push the boundaries of retro. I have no idea what Seattle or Vegas are going to do. There also isn’t much else Toronto or Detroit can really do

10 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Another Reddit suggestion. 

F85171E7-0723-4FBC-9213-0888E50B96E3.jpeg

Gonna be honest; the oversized stripes on the arms, nothing on the shoulders….. idk. Not doing it for me. Practice jersey ish.

11 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Danny Devito No GIF by reactionseditor

But with Colorado supposedly using the same color scheme I can’t see the Devils also doing it

The dude on the youtube video said he spoke with 2 people close to the Devils and leaning to KC Scouts. So that is just an idea he thinks it could be.

22 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

The dude on the youtube video said he spoke with 2 people close to the Devils and leaning to KC Scouts. So that is just an idea he thinks it could be.

Is his cousin the equipment manager’s roommate’s friend?

41 minutes ago, bostondevil11 said:

A Scouts RR…

fvck that fvck that fvck

THAT

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

A Scouts RR…

fvck that fvck that fvck

THAT

lol didn't I tell you that the empty-suit schmucks at the Devils think they are the smartest people in the world?  Of course they are not going to go the obvious route of doing a black Devils jersey a la those 90's Starter fashion jerseys.  Jillian and all her people in the marketing department want to re-invent the wheel with this design so they can call back to a franchise that existed for 2 years and less than 1% of the current Devils fanbase remembers or even cares about.

24 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

lol didn't I tell you that the empty-suit schmucks at the Devils think they are the smartest people in the world?  Of course they are not going to go the obvious route of doing a black Devils jersey a la those 90's Starter fashion jerseys.  Jillian and all her people in the marketing department want to re-invent the wheel with this design so they can call back to a franchise that existed for 2 years and less than 1% of the current Devils fanbase remembers or even cares about.

I r think it’s the best option, but I can’t see them doing a black RR right after they did the black Jersey jersey. 

1 hour ago, bostondevil11 said:

my new favorite source: 

“the dude on the youtube video” 

I’m not saying that I believe that you tube guy…just that I don’t like the idea of a new RR drawing too much inspiration from the Scouts (for example, no blue as a primary color).

I did like MB3’s Scout-striped jersey though.  That I could live with (especially in red and black). 

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I did like MB3’s Scout-striped jersey though.  That I could live with (especially in red and black). 

Which might cover the "reverse" part enough to satisfy my OCD. 

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I r think it’s the best option, but I can’t see them doing a black RR right after they did the black Jersey jersey. 

Agree, to them it’s admitting that they fvcked up with the Jersey jersey (they did).

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Whatever they come up with next can’t possibly be any worse than the Jersey jersey, so I guess there’s that. 

Never say never, that's how you wind up with the crest that they call "Buffaslug" or "Mooterus". 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Never say never, that's how you wind up with the crest that they call "Buffaslug" or "Mooterus". 

Something like that would at least be fun as a novelty. The Jersey jersey is just flat out boring and lame. 

14 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Danny Devito No GIF by reactionseditor

But with Colorado supposedly using the same color scheme I can’t see the Devils also doing it

Sadly, if you RRed this, I could see the primary color becoming red...which would give the organization just enough of a reason to go in this direction.  And of course, it's a way to get out of designing a black jersey fans might actually like.

Take MB3's black and red Scouts-inspired jersey and make it red and black (swap the colors), I could live with that...at least it's the Devils colors, with no blue, yellow, or any other colors that don't make sense.    

On 1/31/2022 at 8:09 PM, mfitz804 said:

Saw this on Reddit. I’m in favor if they can make them glow like this. 

E1071C17-8FDF-4873-ABA6-53BE81EA6CF5.jpeg

Swap out the blue for black.

Swap out the yellow for white.

I could definitely live with that:  Devils fans get a design that isn't an atrocity; the organization gets to pay unnecessary homage to a team that nearly every Devils fan couldn't give less of a fvck about.  Win-win. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Swap out the blue for black.

Swap out the yellow for white.

I could definitely live with that:  Devils fans get a design that isn't an atrocity; the organization gets to pay unnecessary to a team that nearly every Devils fan couldn't give less of a fvck about.  Win-win. 

And what the idiots hear in ownership will be “keep the blue, swap the yellow for white. There! It looks like the 76ers!”

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Utica showing the big club how it's done. 

Agree with others that it could use some white, but this design runs absolute circles around the god-awful Jersey jerseys.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I'm ready to duck with this one, but... I prefer the Jersey jerseys. These look like "create-a-jersey" mode in NHL 14. 

Go back to your nosebleed seats where you can see players on the bench clearly, eagle eyes! 😉

EDIT after your reaction: I like the fact there is red in the uniform. I hate the Jersey cause it looks dumb, we "honor" a team no one ever heard of. We took the throw-away left overs from Chicago's sh!tty all black template. And there is so. little. red. on a jersey for a team thats name INSTANTLY provokes images of a red person.

Edited by jagknife
  • Haha 1

While I still do not like the new Jersey alternates, I have warmed on them a little bit.  Instead of giving them a 1 out of 10 I am more towards a 2.5 out of 10.  I think I hate that they ripped off the Blackhawks more than the silly "crest" now.