Jump to content

Another New New Jersey Devils Jersey ?


Chimaira_Devil_#9
 Share

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

With this team's track record of lying to its fans I have zero belief that 1) Brodeur had any hand in designing the jersey and 2) That they worked on it for 2-3 years.

I agree about Brodeur, not sure on the other aspect, only because someone here or on HF pointed out that the "Jersey" lettering was on a pin given to season ticket holders about 2-3 years ago. So either they were working on it for awhile or they just saw the lettering and just took it lol

In terms of whatever new jersey we get I'm in the whatever phase. Didn't like the green reverse, don't like the jersey jersey so don't have much faith in this new one. I simply won't buy it like I haven't bought the past 2 new ones. 

My only major complaint is having to see the jersey jerseys so much. 13 times(FOR NICO!!) is way too much.

Edited by Satans Hockey
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

I agree about Brodeur, not sure on the other aspect, only being said cause someone here or on HF pointed out that the "Jersey" lettering was on a pin given to season ticket holders about 2-3 years ago. So either they were working on it for awhile or they just saw the lettering and just took it lol

In terms of whatever new jersey we get I'm in the whatever phase. Didn't like the green reverse, don't like the jersey jersey so don't have much faith in this new one. I simply won't buy it like I haven't bought the past 2 new ones. 

My only major complaint is having to see the jersey jerseys so much. 13 times(FOR NICO!!) is way too much.

I actually dug the RRs...more than I would've thought.  For me the red really pops off the green base, so in an odd way you notice the red more than the green...it doesn't feel like the main color is green somehow.

And yeah I wish the Jersey jerseys weren't worn as often as they are.  Every time that I see them, all I can think is what a missed opportunity they represent, in that they could've come up with any number of designs that could've been SO much cooler...or at the very least, something a lot less easy to goof on.  Would love to know what some of the players REALLY think of them. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Rock said:

Did they give away jersey jerseys to season ticket holders? I'm seeing way too much of them than I would have expected to see.  (or maybe since I don't like them i'm thinking everyone else feels the same way)

I see more of them being worn than I would've thought.

What's kinda odd is that with both the RRs and the Jersey jerseys, for some reason it seems like a disproportionate amount of Subban jerseys were manufactured for fan purchase...the guy isn't exactly the most popular Devil these days...never really has been since coming here.  Not like too many fans would buy him over Hischier, Hughes, Hamilton, etc.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I can’t find my post, thought it was in here, but you know we’re going red white and blue cause they will try to tie us with the sixers. Those three colors together should NEVER be on a Devils uniform. It’s literally our rivals colors.

Ef the blue, ef the owners, ef the “design” team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jagknife said:

I can’t find my post, thought it was in here, but you know we’re going red white and blue cause they will try to tie us with the sixers. Those three colors together should NEVER be on a Devils uniform. It’s literally our rivals colors.

Ef the blue, ef the owners, ef the “design” team.

I can't imagine that they would be THAT tone deaf.  Not that I know every last Devils fan on the planet, but I'm guessing most of them don't care a whole lot about the Sixers.  If there's one thing that I've noticed, it seems like those in the Philly region (a chunk of South Jersey is definitely part of that group) root for ALL things Philly...for them, it's strictly Eagles/Sixers/Phillies/Flyers...the point being that it's friggin' Flyers fans (who also like hoops) who root for the Sixers.  I don't see this crossover of Devils fans doing the same (not in appreciable numbers, anyway...not nearly enough to come up with a color scheme destined to piss off the vast majority).

Even if any blue in a new RR is paying homage to the Scouts or Rockies...I say fvck that.  NO blue.  That's a Ranger color, and the shade of blue that the Rockies and Scouts used is close enough to make it not OK with me.  Like I've said, it's not that fvcking difficult...if the design team insists on implementing either the Scouts or Rockies jersey template into a new RR, just swap out the colors for Devils red and black (hell, even green, though I'd rather see green left out this time).   

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Rock said:

Did they give away jersey jerseys to season ticket holders? I'm seeing way too much of them than I would have expected to see.  (or maybe since I don't like them i'm thinking everyone else feels the same way)

No but you can get them for free with reward points, they were much cheaper until the last week when points have gone up across the board to get anything but before that it wasn't really many points so maybe a lot of season ticket holders got them that way but obviously no way of knowing that.

I wouldn't wear it for free so I didn't waste my points on it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Colorado Rockies 1976 a RR with a head nod to where the franchise used to be ISNT that hard but we saw how colossally stupid our owners are with the removal of the stripe as an homage for a team no one ever knew existed. They are going to screw this up and I have a horrendously sinking feeling they’re going to continue to make stupid uniform or logo changes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, jagknife said:

I can’t find my post, thought it was in here, but you know we’re going red white and blue cause they will try to tie us with the sixers. Those three colors together should NEVER be on a Devils uniform. It’s literally our rivals colors.

Ef the blue, ef the owners, ef the “design” team.

Blue on our jerseys should be the one thing that unites our entire fan base in full blown hatred. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Satans Hockey said:

Blue on our jerseys should be the one thing that unites our entire fan base in full blown hatred. 

Well a good number of people who hated the Jersey jersey are eating up the “hat” unironicaly so the team will think they hit a home run and go for another. These guys are that arrogant and tone deaf

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jagknife said:

@Colorado Rockies 1976 a RR with a head nod to where the franchise used to be ISNT that hard but we saw how colossally stupid our owners are with the removal of the stripe as an homage for a team no one ever knew existed. They are going to screw this up and I have a horrendously sinking feeling they’re going to continue to make stupid uniform or logo changes. 

The MO under the current ownership seems to be to come up with a design that at best polarizes (the re-designed "Standard" home and away jerseys, the Jersey jerseys), then double and triple-down about how awesome the new designs are, and how us little people will eventually learn to love them once we get over ourselves.  I still think the Edge-era red and blacks completely wipe the ice with the Adidas design...all can say is that I've gotten used to the Adidases.  Still don't love 'em, never will.

I like the Heritage and RRs, but those were simply based off older templates...current regime had very little to do with those designs.  At least they didn't chop the shoulder yokes.  

So yeah, hard to give the design crew the benefit of the doubt that they'll get it right with a second RR design.  They want to be bold and creative and clever and "daring".  We just want something that feels right and represents us better, and doesn't have a bunch of unnecessary homages no one gives a fvck about (crammed in at the expense of an eye-friendly design).    

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I see more of them being worn than I would've thought.

What's kinda odd is that with both the RRs and the Jersey jerseys, for some reason it seems like a disproportionate amount of Subban jerseys were manufactured for fan purchase...the guy isn't exactly the most popular Devil these days...never really has been since coming here.  Not like too many fans would buy him over Hischier, Hughes, Hamilton, etc.  

Maybe it has something to do with PK's brand deal with Adidas? I noticed that too, even with the t-shirt jerseys

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Maybe it has something to do with PK's brand deal with Adidas? I noticed that too, even with the t-shirt jerseys

Undoubtedly. The RR were the same, Hughes and Hischier were available, but nowhere near as many as Subban. At least not in stores or online, not sure about the arena. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, jagknife said:

Well a good number of people who hated the Jersey jersey are eating up the “hat” unironicaly so the team will think they hit a home run and go for another. These guys are that arrogant and tone deaf

You are right I HATE the jersey BUT I do have the hat.😵  I started building Lego Star Wars models during the pandemic.  One of my future builds is the AT-AT.  My plan is to take a picture of me building the AT-AT wearing my HAT-HAT.😃

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rock said:

You are right I HATE the jersey BUT I do have the hat.😵  I started building Lego Star Wars models during the pandemic.  One of my future builds is the AT-AT.  My plan is to take a picture of me building the AT-AT wearing my HAT-HAT.😃

If the hat wasn't being sold as a fundraiser for the Devils Youth Org I wouldn't have bought one, but it was for a good cause

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

If the hat wasn't being sold as a fundraiser for the Devils Youth Org I wouldn't have bought one, but it was for a good cause

Yea same here.  But since I got it I'll wear it least once for the Lego build.😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Rock said:

Yea same here.  But since I got it I'll wear it least once for the Lego build.😎

Any chance you could post a link to wherever you get those models from? I’ve been doing some modeling myself post pandemic, that sounds like something I might be interested in building.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I like the Heritage and RRs, but those were simply based off older templates...current regime had very little to do with those designs.  At least they didn't chop the shoulder yokes.

The white heritage is still by far the best one they’ve done since the classic 90’s-00’s imo. It was a shame they couldn’t buy a win in them. Yet for whatever reason they seem to do pretty well in the Jersey jerseys. Go figure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

So I went ahead and got a replica one of these. Now trying to decide who goes on it.

I have been mostly sticking with goalies, which I think makes Daws the natural choice at the moment. Part of me also is thinking Hamilton. 

What do you maniacs think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

So I went ahead and got a replica one of these. Now trying to decide who goes on it.

I have been mostly sticking with goalies, which I think makes Daws the natural choice at the moment. Part of me also is thinking Hamilton. 

What do you maniacs think?

Don’t get Daws. The kid has played like 15 games. Go with Hamilton. Get a non-goalie. Live dammit 🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Daws seems sooooooooo risky

(I have 2 taormina jerseys so I'm an expert on risky)

I remember when I was bidding on a Global Series Palms jersey, and just to be safe, threw in a bid on Dea.  And of course won them both.  I have yet to wear the Dea…still plan on getting it converted to a Hischier one of these years.

Years ago I was pretty damned close to buying a Brookbank jersey.  I just kinda dug the fact that he came in and was doing a passable job for a bit. 

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Actually if you really wanna get beat up, get Gillies 🤣

Fixed

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Daws seems sooooooooo risky

(I have 2 taormina jerseys so I'm an expert on risky)

Wait, you have home AND road Taorminas??

My thought is, it’s the fvcking Jersey jersey. Maybe getting someone who played at the time these things were worn is good enough even if they leave. These things are a moment of time, Daws is reflective of that moment. 

That said, I am leaving toward Hamilton, at the moment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2022 at 9:42 AM, Satans Hockey said:

As it should be, I get the whole "franchise" thing but the Rockies and Scouts were never our teams, they were Colroados and Kansas Citys. Never made any sense to me for our team to pay homage to those former failed teams. At least there are some people in Colorado who actually saw the Rockies play live and will enjoy those member berries. 

I'd pwefer that over the current boring black one. 

I get where you’re coming from, and maybe I’m the lone lunatic here, but I did become a Rockies fan when there was talk of them moving to NJ.  I was just a wee thing and started out as a Flyers fan back in 1979 or so.  (I’ve since been treated with strong antibiotics and I feel much better.)  I remember talk in 81-82 about the Rockies moving to NJ and started to follow them with some excitement.  I even have a few newspaper scraps that might still be around.  So I’d welcome a Rockies throwback.  For me that is where it all started and we owe Colorado, and maybe even KC, a special thanks for being silly enough to let this team go!  Okay, I kid…. But I’d still like a Rockies retro jersey honoring the Devs past.  I think I would want a “Lanny McDonald was almost a Devil” sort of jersey.  I thought he was awesome as a kid.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.