Another New New Jersey Devils Jersey ?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

2 minutes ago, AEWHistory said:

I get where you’re coming from, and maybe I’m the lone lunatic here, but I did become a Rockies fan when there was talk of them moving to NJ.  I was just a wee thing and started out as a Flyers fan back in 1979 or so.  (I’ve since been treated with strong antibiotics and I feel much better.)  I remember talk in 81-82 about the Rockies moving to NJ and started to follow them with some excitement.  I even have a few newspaper scraps that might still be around.  So I’d welcome a Rockies throwback.  For me that is where it all started and we owe Colorado, and maybe even KC, a special thanks for being silly enough to let this team go!  Okay, I kid…. But I’d still like a Rockies retro jersey honoring the Devs past.  I think I would want a “Lanny McDonald was almost a Devil” sort of jersey.  I thought he was awesome as a kid.

Only problem is, Colorado is already wearing a Rockies throwback. If we do that now, we get criticized as being unoriginal, even though it was our own franchise's jersey. 

That said, a blue, yellow and red Devils jersey would pay tribute to both without being a duplicate of what Colorado has going on. I am not saying I like that idea, just that it is an idea. 

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Only problem is, Colorado is already wearing a Rockies throwback. If we do that now, we get criticized as being unoriginal, even though it was our own franchise's jersey. 

That said, a blue, yellow and red Devils jersey would pay tribute to both without being a duplicate of what Colorado has going on. I am not saying I like that idea, just that it is an idea. 

Well, that just goes to show you how out of touch I am with other teams—I was totally unaware that they had released the jersey.  I like your idea though.  I have a soft spot for the Rockies because so many of the players I started out following as a wee one played for the Rockies.  Even now my all time favorite Devil is still Resch.  He was the beating heart of that team early on.  

2 minutes ago, AEWHistory said:

Well, that just goes to show you how out of touch I am with other teams—I was totally unaware that they had released the jersey.  I like your idea though.  I have a soft spot for the Rockies because so many of the players I started out following as a wee one played for the Rockies.  Even now my all time favorite Devil is still Resch.  He was the beating heart of that team early on.  

Not their RR, but they have been using one as an alternate.

https://shop.nhl.com/mens_adidas_navy_colorado_avalanche_2018_19_alternate_primegreen_authentic_pro_custom_jersey/t-14480624+o-9151+d-454011238+f-8289423+z-9-2915465135?utm_medium=cse&_s=ak1944nhl-pla&sku=15332746&targetid=targetid&targetid=pla-361318719074&gclid=CjwKCAjwiuuRBhBvEiwAFXKaNIfwyNOCq73EI3PvvCymz_qEeoFTUIUhLQkiPKFEckWSpNlDC7eAqxoCmIEQAvD_BwE

27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I see that Avs' "Rockies" jersey as less of a throwback, and more of an "Inspired By/Very Loosely Based".     

21 minutes ago, AEWHistory said:

I can't imagine what that must have been like for Chico...I have heard him say that he knew his time was up with the Islanders anyway (he was entering his Age 33 season and his play had slipped some), and that he knew he'd be playing for a new team by the start of the 1981-82 season, but to go from a top team to one that figured to be bad for several more years, with not much time left in his career...had to be tough.

He did get to play A LOT though...he averaged about 56 games per season over his four full seasons spent in Colorado/NJ (and considering how bad the teams in front of him were, he was actually not bad for the era...he put up an .871 save%, which was on the lower end of mediocre back then, but those teams were just god-awful).  He never played in more than 46 as an Islander.  

On 3/9/2022 at 4:30 PM, Rock said:

You are right I HATE the jersey BUT I do have the hat.😵  I started building Lego Star Wars models during the pandemic.  One of my future builds is the AT-AT.  My plan is to take a picture of me building the AT-AT wearing my HAT-HAT.😃

Rock, I've built over 30 of these the past year or so. They do have a Star Wars collection.   Not as expensive as Lego's I'm sure. 

The only SW's one I've done is R2Ds

https://www.metalearth.com/

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Honestly it’s still better than the Jersey jersey. 

Once you get rid of the script "Jersey" part, it's definitely not as bad...fans can quibble about the other design aspects, but at least no more "It's a jersey that says JERSEY on it?" jokes.  

15 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Once you get rid of the script "Jersey" part, it's definitely not as bad...fans can quibble about the other design aspects, but at least no more "It's a jersey that says JERSEY on it?" jokes.  

Yup, even if it said “Devils” in the same font, it would not have been as bad. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Yup, even if it said “Devils” in the same font, it would not have been as bad. 

That change alone would probably entice me to buy one.  Even "New Jersey" would probably do it.  

9 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Odds are decent that the RR 2.0 is going to be a disaster.

Opinions vary but I feel they knocked the original RR out of the box. So yes, 2.0 is bound to be a complete fail. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DevsMan84 said:

I still don't like that it is a pretty obvious rip-off of the Blackhawks WC jersey from a few years ago.  This is the best that the empty suits could come up with in the 2-3 years as they claim?

Odds are decent that the RR 2.0 is going to be a disaster.

Yeah that's a bit of a problem for me too.

I'm hoping the Devils' RR 2.0 will be cool, won't shock me if it isn't.  If they stick to the actual RR "rules" like they did last time and simply take an existing template and do some pallet-swapping, they'll be fine.  If they take the Scouts and/or Rockies jerseys as inspiration for a new black and red, that could work too (as we've seen).  If they do some black mash-up of the 1982-92 and 1993-2016 jersey templates, again, probably success.  If they insist on trying to be as clever as possibly in trying to shoehorn every last franchise and/or NJ reference into what amounts to a new design as opposed to a legit RR, then yeah, I can smell a trainwreck coming.  

• Like 1

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Opinions vary but I feel they knocked the original RR out of the box. So yes, 2.0 is bound to be a complete failure. 

They did because they didn't overthink it.  They simply followed the damned rules.  And it worked out INCREDIBLY well.  I know it will never happen, but I'd still be cool with the RRs becoming the home jerseys, and the Heritage jersey as the roads...either as is, or with the green swapped out for black.  Better than the Adidases.    

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Opinions vary but I feel they knocked the original RR out of the box. So yes, 2.0 is bound to be a complete fail. 

I think they did great for RR 1.0.  However, since they cannot use the same design (which was kind of obvious) they will have to do something different.

24 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I think they did great for RR 1.0.  However, since they cannot use the same design (which was kind of obvious) they will have to do something different.

It was obvious, but given the Jersey jersey, I prefer that they don't think outside the box. Stay the fvck in the box. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

It was obvious, but given the Jersey jersey, I prefer that they don't think outside the box. Stay the fvck in the box. 

The problem is given amount of Jersey jerseys being worn to games, the designers feel like they hit one out of the park.  So as much as I’m hoping that they simply just stay the fvck in the box…I can see them not doing that.  

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The problem is given amount of Jersey jerseys being worn to games, the designers feel like they hit one out of the park.  So as much as I’m hoping that they simply just stay the fvck in the box…I can see them not doing that.  

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ve always liked this movie, but Brad’s acting during this scene simply misses the mark.  Almost kills the whole film.  

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I’ve always liked this movie, but Brad’s acting during this scene simply misses the mark.  Almost kills the whole film.  

100%

Spoiler

Dude’s wife’s head in a box and you can’t stop laughing at it. 

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

100%

Reveal hidden contents

Dude’s wife’s head in a box and you can’t stop laughing at it. 

Exactly.  It’s supposed to be this horrible harrowing moment and it actually becomes funny.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976