Jump to content

Another New New Jersey Devils Jersey ?


Chimaira_Devil_#9
 Share

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, jagknife said:

Well a good number of people who hated the Jersey jersey are eating up the “hat” unironicaly so the team will think they hit a home run and go for another. These guys are that arrogant and tone deaf

You are right I HATE the jersey BUT I do have the hat.😵  I started building Lego Star Wars models during the pandemic.  One of my future builds is the AT-AT.  My plan is to take a picture of me building the AT-AT wearing my HAT-HAT.😃

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Rock said:

You are right I HATE the jersey BUT I do have the hat.😵  I started building Lego Star Wars models during the pandemic.  One of my future builds is the AT-AT.  My plan is to take a picture of me building the AT-AT wearing my HAT-HAT.😃

If the hat wasn't being sold as a fundraiser for the Devils Youth Org I wouldn't have bought one, but it was for a good cause

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

If the hat wasn't being sold as a fundraiser for the Devils Youth Org I wouldn't have bought one, but it was for a good cause

Yea same here.  But since I got it I'll wear it least once for the Lego build.😎

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, Rock said:

Yea same here.  But since I got it I'll wear it least once for the Lego build.😎

Any chance you could post a link to wherever you get those models from? I’ve been doing some modeling myself post pandemic, that sounds like something I might be interested in building.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I like the Heritage and RRs, but those were simply based off older templates...current regime had very little to do with those designs.  At least they didn't chop the shoulder yokes.

The white heritage is still by far the best one they’ve done since the classic 90’s-00’s imo. It was a shame they couldn’t buy a win in them. Yet for whatever reason they seem to do pretty well in the Jersey jerseys. Go figure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

So I went ahead and got a replica one of these. Now trying to decide who goes on it.

I have been mostly sticking with goalies, which I think makes Daws the natural choice at the moment. Part of me also is thinking Hamilton. 

What do you maniacs think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, mfitz804 said:

So I went ahead and got a replica one of these. Now trying to decide who goes on it.

I have been mostly sticking with goalies, which I think makes Daws the natural choice at the moment. Part of me also is thinking Hamilton. 

What do you maniacs think?

Don’t get Daws. The kid has played like 15 games. Go with Hamilton. Get a non-goalie. Live dammit 🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Daws seems sooooooooo risky

(I have 2 taormina jerseys so I'm an expert on risky)

I remember when I was bidding on a Global Series Palms jersey, and just to be safe, threw in a bid on Dea.  And of course won them both.  I have yet to wear the Dea…still plan on getting it converted to a Hischier one of these years.

Years ago I was pretty damned close to buying a Brookbank jersey.  I just kinda dug the fact that he came in and was doing a passable job for a bit. 

4 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Actually if you really wanna get beat up, get Gillies 🤣

Fixed

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Daws seems sooooooooo risky

(I have 2 taormina jerseys so I'm an expert on risky)

Wait, you have home AND road Taorminas??

My thought is, it’s the fvcking Jersey jersey. Maybe getting someone who played at the time these things were worn is good enough even if they leave. These things are a moment of time, Daws is reflective of that moment. 

That said, I am leaving toward Hamilton, at the moment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/27/2022 at 9:42 AM, Satans Hockey said:

As it should be, I get the whole "franchise" thing but the Rockies and Scouts were never our teams, they were Colroados and Kansas Citys. Never made any sense to me for our team to pay homage to those former failed teams. At least there are some people in Colorado who actually saw the Rockies play live and will enjoy those member berries. 

I'd pwefer that over the current boring black one. 

I get where you’re coming from, and maybe I’m the lone lunatic here, but I did become a Rockies fan when there was talk of them moving to NJ.  I was just a wee thing and started out as a Flyers fan back in 1979 or so.  (I’ve since been treated with strong antibiotics and I feel much better.)  I remember talk in 81-82 about the Rockies moving to NJ and started to follow them with some excitement.  I even have a few newspaper scraps that might still be around.  So I’d welcome a Rockies throwback.  For me that is where it all started and we owe Colorado, and maybe even KC, a special thanks for being silly enough to let this team go!  Okay, I kid…. But I’d still like a Rockies retro jersey honoring the Devs past.  I think I would want a “Lanny McDonald was almost a Devil” sort of jersey.  I thought he was awesome as a kid.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AEWHistory said:

I get where you’re coming from, and maybe I’m the lone lunatic here, but I did become a Rockies fan when there was talk of them moving to NJ.  I was just a wee thing and started out as a Flyers fan back in 1979 or so.  (I’ve since been treated with strong antibiotics and I feel much better.)  I remember talk in 81-82 about the Rockies moving to NJ and started to follow them with some excitement.  I even have a few newspaper scraps that might still be around.  So I’d welcome a Rockies throwback.  For me that is where it all started and we owe Colorado, and maybe even KC, a special thanks for being silly enough to let this team go!  Okay, I kid…. But I’d still like a Rockies retro jersey honoring the Devs past.  I think I would want a “Lanny McDonald was almost a Devil” sort of jersey.  I thought he was awesome as a kid.

Only problem is, Colorado is already wearing a Rockies throwback. If we do that now, we get criticized as being unoriginal, even though it was our own franchise's jersey. 

That said, a blue, yellow and red Devils jersey would pay tribute to both without being a duplicate of what Colorado has going on. I am not saying I like that idea, just that it is an idea. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Only problem is, Colorado is already wearing a Rockies throwback. If we do that now, we get criticized as being unoriginal, even though it was our own franchise's jersey. 

That said, a blue, yellow and red Devils jersey would pay tribute to both without being a duplicate of what Colorado has going on. I am not saying I like that idea, just that it is an idea. 

Well, that just goes to show you how out of touch I am with other teams—I was totally unaware that they had released the jersey.  I like your idea though.  I have a soft spot for the Rockies because so many of the players I started out following as a wee one played for the Rockies.  Even now my all time favorite Devil is still Resch.  He was the beating heart of that team early on.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, AEWHistory said:

Well, that just goes to show you how out of touch I am with other teams—I was totally unaware that they had released the jersey.  I like your idea though.  I have a soft spot for the Rockies because so many of the players I started out following as a wee one played for the Rockies.  Even now my all time favorite Devil is still Resch.  He was the beating heart of that team early on.  

Not their RR, but they have been using one as an alternate.

https://shop.nhl.com/mens_adidas_navy_colorado_avalanche_2018_19_alternate_primegreen_authentic_pro_custom_jersey/t-14480624+o-9151+d-454011238+f-8289423+z-9-2915465135?utm_medium=cse&_s=ak1944nhl-pla&sku=15332746&targetid=targetid&targetid=pla-361318719074&gclid=CjwKCAjwiuuRBhBvEiwAFXKaNIfwyNOCq73EI3PvvCymz_qEeoFTUIUhLQkiPKFEckWSpNlDC7eAqxoCmIEQAvD_BwE

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Only problem is, Colorado is already wearing a Rockies throwback. If we do that now, we get criticized as being unoriginal, even though it was our own franchise's jersey. 

That said, a blue, yellow and red Devils jersey would pay tribute to both without being a duplicate of what Colorado has going on. I am not saying I like that idea, just that it is an idea. 

I see that Avs' "Rockies" jersey as less of a throwback, and more of an "Inspired By/Very Loosely Based".     

21 minutes ago, AEWHistory said:

Well, that just goes to show you how out of touch I am with other teams—I was totally unaware that they had released the jersey.  I like your idea though.  I have a soft spot for the Rockies because so many of the players I started out following as a wee one played for the Rockies.  Even now my all time favorite Devil is still Resch.  He was the beating heart of that team early on.  

I can't imagine what that must have been like for Chico...I have heard him say that he knew his time was up with the Islanders anyway (he was entering his Age 33 season and his play had slipped some), and that he knew he'd be playing for a new team by the start of the 1981-82 season, but to go from a top team to one that figured to be bad for several more years, with not much time left in his career...had to be tough.

He did get to play A LOT though...he averaged about 56 games per season over his four full seasons spent in Colorado/NJ (and considering how bad the teams in front of him were, he was actually not bad for the era...he put up an .871 save%, which was on the lower end of mediocre back then, but those teams were just god-awful).  He never played in more than 46 as an Islander.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I see that Avs' "Rockies" jersey as less of a throwback, and more of an "Inspired By/Very Loosely Based".   

Right, but I still think it would look bad. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/9/2022 at 4:30 PM, Rock said:

You are right I HATE the jersey BUT I do have the hat.😵  I started building Lego Star Wars models during the pandemic.  One of my future builds is the AT-AT.  My plan is to take a picture of me building the AT-AT wearing my HAT-HAT.😃

Rock, I've built over 30 of these the past year or so. They do have a Star Wars collection.   Not as expensive as Lego's I'm sure. 

The only SW's one I've done is R2Ds

https://www.metalearth.com/

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Honestly it’s still better than the Jersey jersey. 

Once you get rid of the script "Jersey" part, it's definitely not as bad...fans can quibble about the other design aspects, but at least no more "It's a jersey that says JERSEY on it?" jokes.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.